• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I can say it definitely works on falco.

Smart foxes just won't up b when they see you run off until it forces a trade of stocks. That **** is annoying.

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
I'm not good at all but I think that if you're less scared of that marth you could gain more stage control, and if you do that you can attack instead of just defending, I don't think you can beat a marth without having stage control, can we ?

And there's a trick I use when playing against marths better than me, I try to bait them on a platform if they come up I shield drop uair then follow up with whatever I can and if they're gonna hit me from bellow I run shield drop bair them out the stage, then dropzone uair; do you think that stuff is viable a good level of play ?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
@ian: thanks man. But I did mainly break that habit. I try not to spam down b as often anymore. Also, with that Marth killer. For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to ledge hop afterward. No idea why lol, but I did some practicing and now I'm pretty consistent with it. As raph said, at our level of play, skills evolve pretty rapidly, so I guess that vid is a bit outdated.

@raph: will do! I'm going to a tournament this saturday and I'm gonna try to bring my recording setup.

@dero: that does seem like an interesting idea, but in my experience, Marth players love it when you get on platforms willingly lol. Usually you won't bait a good Marth player to hop onto the platform with you, you'd probably just make them utilt or uair. But I'm definitely gonna try it! Maybe it'll work better than I think it will.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
To be fair, I said that before I played the AI. It's fairly obvious it wouldn't stand a chance compared to the three of you. I mean, I can use mindless play and 4stock it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
@ian: thanks man. But I did mainly break that habit. I try not to spam down b as often anymore. Also, with that Marth killer. For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to ledge hop afterward. No idea why lol, but I did some practicing and now I'm pretty consistent with it. As raph said, at our level of play, skills evolve pretty rapidly, so I guess that vid is a bit outdated.

@raph: will do! I'm going to a tournament this saturday and I'm gonna try to bring my recording setup.

@dero: that does seem like an interesting idea, but in my experience, Marth players love it when you get on platforms willingly lol. Usually you won't bait a good Marth player to hop onto the platform with you, you'd probably just make them utilt or uair. But I'm definitely gonna try it! Maybe it'll work better than I think it will.
If you really want to use down-B, use it similarly how you can use side-B. Wait for the aerial commitment and then use it while they swung at you.. down-B also gives you an auto-spacing that fades you back slightly at the start of the animation. Use these to trap aerials.. the opponent will think he'll hit you but then you use that, they will whiff.

The other layer of that is that now they will DJ to stop it so be mindful of DJs too.. don't get trapped committing first. But then if they do DJ while you haven't committed.. well there's your free uair. =P

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
It's one of Ganon's best matchups, as far as high tiers go. But i've never seen a good IC play it well, so maybe that's what happened. You can pretty much just space fairs on their shield, full hop down air > dj options is good because if you cath them with it it more or less a stock and it's realtively safe (maybe). Just focus on splitting them up and then knocking them around, primarily offstage. Bair is great for nana. Down air on the ledge works as an edge guard. Probably has ve to use back air or a really well spaced up air for their side-b. That's what I have, not that great.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Trail is very good vs Ganon, so you have to watch it, he'll bait you easily if you just throw out moves. =P
Yea I realized that at the end of my fourth stock haha. He said ganon was his best matchup and he has a really good ganon himself, so I guess that's why I got annihilated so badly. No johns tho! I just played really really badly today for some reason. Not a big deal or anything, but I feel like I regressed by a month or so =/. Does this happen from time to time for anyone else?

Linguini

Smash Master
OMFG I've been saying this for years. Maybe now that you said it it will become more mainstream. ACE guard son! reverse uair to dropzone dair on falco kills (dair hits before his up-B takes flight) On Fox you can do it if you have more stocks, but you have to reverse uair, dropzone dair, then dj dair him again lol. Ultimate disrespect.

had to edit, typo "uair" instead of dair.
About 3 years back I saw tippy do an edgecanceled uair--->dair----tip uair on the side of battlefield....i **** bricks loool

I've been doing some ridiculously brutal stuff lately with the big man. that 2013 shiiit!

Linguini! just the man I needed to talk to. Recently, I've been having a lot of trouble with the marth and falco matchups (especially marth), even though those are arguably ganons best high tier matchups. Lol I know. Anyway, you seem to be pretty beast at those, esp falco. Any tips? how to beat their approaches, laser evasion, etc.
Bummer. If you ever reconsider, come to FC! You can stay at my place the night before and smash with kage, eikelmann, sveet, trail, kels, the rest of chicago and myself.
no chance i'll be making FC. way too much money and winnings won't fund the whole trip. that's the only way I would travel oos for a tourney.

From what I saw in that vid you posted you look confused as to what style you want to fight against marth with. As you know with ganon it's more of a freestyle game since most of his combo's are on the fly off single hits, unlike fox/sheik/falco that function like riding a bike after the initial hit. that's why it's easier to warm up with those chars.

got off topic, you need to put up a wall against marth to keep him out of your space, because once he's in you're basically ****ed. hes gotta respect your hitboxes. uair oos, sh bair, and full jump fair are all crucial against marth.

i'm going to embarrass people with my high tiers at the next tourney I go to. i know kage got bodied by my fox! :smash:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
sorta, but not really.

i've chosen to get a lot more situation recognition with other characters, but ganon suits me too much. i'll always gravitate around him.

problem is, i haven't been playing him in friendlies lately, and i'm suddenly going to zenith after some situations unfolded in my household. hope i don't suck too bad lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
About 3 years back I saw tippy do an edgecanceled uair--->dair----tip uair on the side of battlefield....i **** bricks loool

I've been doing some ridiculously brutal stuff lately with the big man. that 2013 shiiit!

no chance i'll be making FC. way too much money and winnings won't fund the whole trip. that's the only way I would travel oos for a tourney.

From what I saw in that vid you posted you look confused as to what style you want to fight against marth with. As you know with ganon it's more of a freestyle game since most of his combo's are on the fly off single hits, unlike fox/sheik/falco that function like riding a bike after the initial hit. that's why it's easier to warm up with those chars.

got off topic, you need to put up a wall against marth to keep him out of your space, because once he's in you're basically ****ed. hes gotta respect your hitboxes. uair oos, sh bair, and full jump fair are all crucial against marth.

i'm going to embarrass people with my high tiers at the next tourney I go to. i know kage got bodied by my fox! :smash:
Maybe vs my Falco.. =P

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Well, you guys just fly. I know hbox and pi are probably already there. Its not feasible to drive from florida to jersey...or at least I wouldn't. Even from nc were gonna get there around 4 am, and this isn't fun at all. I mean the car ride is straight, but were gonna be stupid tired unless we sleep instantly.

But yeah traveling is cool and stuff. We got this car together kinda ragtag tho. I mean, pp and yay were goin no matter what, but getting enough nc to even fill this car of 5 was an adventure. And the 3 that aren't pp and yay aren't even big players by nc standards. Basically, even for us who have pp traveling to everything within 10 hours, filling cars is a last minute thing lol.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Well, 3rd tournament and I got 2-0'd by everybody in my pool (5 people whaled on me haha). My goal is to win one match by the end of the summer lol.

How'd you do, g. Vice? I heard dart can be quite the ganon slayer.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well, 3rd tournament and I got 2-0'd by everybody in my pool (5 people whaled on me haha). My goal is to win one match by the end of the summer lol.

How'd you do, g. Vice? I heard dart can be quite the ganon slayer.
Don't worry man, it took me almost 2 years before i won my first set in tournament. Honestly, im not sure what kept me playing through all that xD

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Don't worry man, it took me almost 2 years before i won my first set in tournament. Honestly, im not sure what kept me playing through all that xD
Yea man no worries, I just gotta be sure to go to all the smash sessions at your place. Aside from that, they're fun as hell anyway

Side note: how do you fight fox? I got 3 stocked by kels in a friendlies match and all I do is sit back a bit, spam uair to beat their approaches and try to grab them. Although it was kels. On fd. Lol 3 stock isn't so bad.

:phone:

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
got so lucky in my last tourney, 7 swiss round : 1falco 4marths 1ic =D

For the Fox thing, Pseudo Turtle, I'm quite interested in an answer too !

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Kage, I think you're just really good vs Marth ...but i actually did okay. He 2-0'd me but by no means was it a blowout. I actually started really good both matches ahead like 4 stocks to 2 stocks, but he pulled som sick come backs. He is good no doubt.

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Dart looks like he's really bad vs. ganon.

it's my time to shine as the ganon slayer

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Blake and kage: I really need to see this MM!

Blake, come stay at my place the night before FC and money match kage there. I've arranged it with my father by the way, so anyone is free to come stay at my place anytime after august 9th.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
i'm going to eat so much ****ing pizza when i'm in chicago

turtle, you better show me the best pizza place in the entire city while i'm visiting.

oh and kage i expect professional ganondorf tips and training since i never get to see you anymore.

since we'll be rooming together, you have no excuse.

Top Bottom