• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
My real name is Chris. Chris' real name is actually Raphael. In other words, our names our exactly what they look like.

So Kage, what's your excuse for not coming to NCSU?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'd like to claim my setup as Ganondorf only, but to my knowledge it's the only recording setup, so that'd be greedy.

I need to spend some time working on my Kirby, though. I plan to beat PP in our Kirby ditto MM. If Dark Hart can beat PP in a Zelda Ditto, and I could lose to Dark Hart's Falcon after I'd been playing for one month, logic dictates I can beat PP's Kirby.

EDIT: If you need help recognizing me, I'm the guy with a long curly ponytail and a purple dress shirt.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You can't call us fellow Ganons, if you play Zelda!!
I like all the Zelda characters in the game, and have found myself dabbling around with Zelda some in friendlies.

I actually kinda made her an alt of mine, but she does have lots of troubles.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lmao Sabin too good.

Alright fine.. I guess I can't really make fun of anyone when I'm playing mostly Falco, Marth and Falcon in friendlies these days. Not much Ganon lol... I mean, I have to, to give the players here a chance, but even then... =/

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I like all the Zelda characters in the game, and have found myself dabbling around with Zelda some in friendlies.

I actually kinda made her an alt of mine, but she does have lots of troubles.
that's how it is for me, tbh.

OKAY SO REAL TALK, NCSU IS THE BIGGEST GANONDORF ATTENDANCE AT ANY EVENT EVER. get ****ing hype. :bee:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
We're going to have 5, right?

And I'm pretty much the same as you guys with Zelda, except with Kirby instead.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
7 characters? What are the other 5?

I can only use my Ganon in tournament, and I'll probably still lose a lot. When I'm good enough that I can win with my Ganon, I'll probably be able to do similarly with my Fox and Kirby, since they're worse than my Ganon, but about equal in terms of how good they are.

3 more Ganons and we can have an 8man double elimination bracket. Some of you Ganons should come join us.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Lmao Sabin too good.

Alright fine.. I guess I can't really make fun of anyone when I'm playing mostly Falco, Marth and Falcon in friendlies these days. Not much Ganon lol... I mean, I have to, to give the players here a chance, but even then... =/
Hmmm... I don't like having a chance though :).

Эикельманн [РУС]

7 characters? What are the other 5?

I can only use my Ganon in tournament, and I'll probably still lose a lot. When I'm good enough that I can win with my Ganon, I'll probably be able to do similarly with my Fox and Kirby, since they're worse than my Ganon, but about equal in terms of how good they are.

3 more Ganons and we can have an 8man double elimination bracket. Some of you Ganons should come join us.
Ganondorf, Fox as my starter/secondary.

Falcon, Marth, Falco, Zelda, DK, Sheik, and Pichu.

I'm working on ICs.

Three more ganons LETS DO THIS.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hmmm... I don't like having a chance though :).
Ya but I do it for fun too, I can't only play Ganon in friendlies lol.

i have like 7 other characters that i can use in tournament next to ganondorf and fox lol.

i can't understand how people can just play one character.
Well.. there's no way in hell atm that I can play a character other than Ganon in tournament. My alts aren't nearly as strong as him and also it means that if I were to pick like Falcon, Falco or Marth then I would need to be able to beat mostly everyone with them at this level which isn't happening anytime soon lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Gonna try to bring something very special to the Ganon mains. Anyways, how's everyone doing?

@ S2J - FREE!
I'd be better if I would have had the time to get up with you for some dittos while I was in Miami 2 weeks ago! Hardly ever get to see my girl tho, wasn't about to make her sit through multiple hours of smash lol. You should ride with Ian to NCSU.

Tyranny

Smash Cadet

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was watching some videos from about a month ago, and I noticed something interesting (I'm not going to upload them, because do you really want to watch me 4stock people who can't wavedash?). There were times when I was shielding, and my opponent ended up behind me. In this situation, what would you do? The only thing I could think of is wavejabbing through them, or wavedashing away.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So I finally got around to watching some apex vids...

1. Kage, very good win vs PC
2. Linguini, such an unfortunate set vs kdj, especially the first match, f**k you had him man. His sheik wasn't doing anything special really

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
roll away, bair oos, or wavedash away as you said. that's pretty much the best offensive position, unless you're playing against a character with a really good bair oos (sheik, spacies).

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Bair oos seems really nice. I can see using a roll instead of a wavedash, depending on what I think my opponent's going to do.

There's no way to turn around with a jump cancel grab, right? Because doing that oos would be really cool too.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Even against spacies and sheik, unless you are really close, if you do a retreating bair oos, it will trade with their bair, which is great.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Cool.

Also, when all of you play me at NCSU, try to get me off the left hand side of the stage. I'm a lot worse at ledgehopping/dashing/whatever on that side, so I'll probably suicide. I need the incentive of losing because of that weakness in order to get me to work on it.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
yea you can. I just don't know how effective it is.

I tend to use it against falcons because bair oos is almost always blocked by a jab and then they're free to attack you. the benefit to reverse up-b oos against falcon (in my experience anyway) is that they can still jab out of it, but after they do this, you are facing them, so you could easily jab them back.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I am a fan of upB oos, so I think it's work well. upB is a situational move though, because you're screwed if you miss.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Cool.

Also, when all of you play me at NCSU, try to get me off the left hand side of the stage. I'm a lot worse at ledgehopping/dashing/whatever on that side, so I'll probably suicide. I need the incentive of losing because of that weakness in order to get me to work on it.
OMFG I'm exactly the same way, rofl.

also good **** tyranny using blue ganondorf ;)

also reverse up b oos is godliek, especially at high percents. ganon be so STICKY.

Top Bottom