• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Um.. how come? If you knew you were recorded, would that change in how you feel?
I'm not trying to john or say that I would've played better/differently if I knew. It is just a weird feeling to have people comment on a set that I thought was simply a fun money match.

@G.Vice
--Im not ashamed by any means. Kage is damn good. I just feel weird about it is all (see above)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm not trying to john or say that I would've played better/differently if I knew. It is just a weird feeling to have people comment on a set that I thought was simply a fun money match.

@G.Vice
--Im not ashamed by any means. Kage is damn good. I just feel weird about it is all (see above)
I hear you man. That's completely understandable. I doubt anyone is thinking you're johning or anything.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Uhhh aerial side b on shield isn't safe, but it has a lot of shieldstun so people roll a lot when they try to punish it. I've been meaning to mix it in my shield pressure more for fun.

Renth

Smash Hero
Lol Kage is full of some one liners. Though they tend to be somewhat grandiose, it's shows just how much personality he has. Ganon mains all have their respective individualistic personalities.

Kage = Epic
Linguini = Gangster
-ACE- = Chill
G.Vice = Professional (oh yeah ;) )
Renth = Flamboyant
Rockcrock = Collected
SpiderSense = Cocky
BizzaroFlame = Bizarre(?)
BlackChris = High
*****h thinks he knows my personality or somethin. I'm crazy not gay.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
So are there any new ganon techs? I know I use a few techs most ganons dont, the ledge hop turn around being one of them. Someone enlighten me with a new trick.
I've actually been using that one a lot lately. It seems like the current fad is ledge cancels. In particular, tipman ledge cancel to another tipman/bair and bair cancels off platforms to bairs/uairs.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Really? I'd say it's more about learning how to counter-attack every attack, and not shield whatsoever unless you absolutely need to because you lacked the positional advantage.

Superspright

Smash Lord
The shield is only bad if you stay in it, or if you lack the ability to react out of powershields. up-b should be used more out of shield. It ***** sometimes. And the shield is very strong on platforms because of shielddropping. It makes shield on platforms nigh safe.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Hahaha I never cease to be entertained by this thread. A couple of quick questions:

How to moonwalk? I can never get a good explanation on it and I fail miserably, usually ending with a couple of backward steps at best.

More importantly: is moonwalking useful in any way or is it more just a flashy tech?
Thanks everybody!

EDIT: Are there any ganons going to show up for the upcoming SMYM in Champaign? I know many of you are based in the Florida area, but I'm a student at the U of I and am going to show up just for the hell of it (not to compete) and I think it would be cool to get some advice to help my currently pathetic ganon game. Thanks again!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The shield is only bad if you stay in it, or if you lack the ability to react out of powershields. up-b should be used more out of shield. It ***** sometimes. And the shield is very strong on platforms because of shielddropping. It makes shield on platforms nigh safe.
PS --> to Jab does counter a lot of things indeed. And UP-B OOS can only punish certain laggy moves.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
*****h thinks he knows my personality or somethin. I'm crazy not gay.
I'd say the way you played with extreme flash and always saying things to draw attention to yourself and your overall "look at me" mentality is definitely correctly defined by flamboyant.

So, yeah I think I'm pretty dead on lol.

Kage's definition definitely reminded me of you :)

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Really? I'd say it's more about learning how to counter-attack every attack, and not shield whatsoever unless you absolutely need to because you lacked the positional advantage.
Can't say that isn't really important, especially the whole shield thing. I'm not sure what you mean by counter-attacking. Are you referring to tricky things like dodging with fsmash, straight spacing, or maybe learning to time clanks with flash punch (Which i've been practicing on various get-up attacks with varying degrees of success). Maybe all three?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I mean learning what your moves can counter with it's hitbox, it's extremely important to know. Knowing what trades and knowing what beats what, and knowing what moves cannot be used. Just for one example like if Falcon uses Nair while SHing forward, you can jump away and bair to beat it.

Superspright

Smash Lord
PS --> to Jab does counter a lot of things indeed. And UP-B OOS can only punish certain laggy moves.
PS jab doesn't beat crossovers unfortunately but it's great against falcon and falco in general. I use side-b out of powershields to chase crossovers on laggy aerials. and up-b can punish a lot if it's out of a powershield. Such as falco's utilt. Powershielded you can up-b it every time. Ganon's shield is enormous too, and almost never really diminishes enough that he can't powershield a lot of attacks. Like Falcon's side-b can be powershielded indefinitely. The hitbox on it really blows since when it hits it hits EVERYTHING--including the shield.

The shield only sucks if you don't use all its options: platforms, powershields, wavedash OoS, etc. I love the shield. If we had some sort of generic block I'd cry.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hm.. if you could feel what I feel at top level, you wouldn't shield as much at all. Nearly every time I shield, I would get punished for it instantly and same goes for all the others too. For example, in the Falcon vs Ganon match-up, the first player that shields is in bad position already lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Why would you use the shield? If I use the shield, that means I'm not hitting my opponent. I want to be hitting my opponent all the time, every day. I want my opponent to feel my kicks and punches knocking them off stage and down into the depths, knowing that they're helpless against a magnificent foe such as Ganon.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Shielding isn't 100% bad. Buffering rolls is still relatively safe after falcons aerial approaches if you're smart about it. Also kage why do you say bair oos isn't effective vs falcon?

Turtle... To moonwalk, you have to start your dash animation then give it backwards momentum author dash dancing. So snap forward, and instantly go to backwards... but the control stick cannot pass through the neutral position or you will dd so you have to go lower. You don't have to go as low as possible, just a little bit lower to save time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Shielding isn't 100% bad. Buffering rolls is still relatively safe after falcons aerial approaches if you're smart about it. Also kage why do you say bair oos isn't effective vs falcon?
Ya that's how I figured Linguini does it so this works with all match-ups if you are in a somewhat bad position, you can roll as your opponent does an aerial towards you. In that case, he won't have enough time to chase you to punish the roll. It's better to use it to regain positional advantage. Because I mean the strength of Ganon is using your range and hitbox to begin with. If your opponent is inside you, there's nearly nothing you can do other than roll maybe WD OOS and Bair OOS. So with only those 3 options it's really predictable, if you decide to bair OOS then usually you'll get hit after it's thrown.. vs good players or top tiers it's not very good.

As for Falcon, I like to play vs him somewhat close to remove his ability to DD.. inside that range that's where you should be able to beat him because he'll have to throw something at some point which is why I said it's really important to know what moves counter what other moves.. if you find yourself point blank and he's shielding, you can also either mix it up with a grab or if you know he's gonna jump you can jab his jump before anything comes out.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That all makes sense, I just feel like bair oos is safer than you make it out to be. Obviously you have to be frame perfect, sometimes it hits, sometimes they can shield it. But if they shield your bair while you're retreating and you and you ac the bair, can they really punish you? I mean I know if you whiff you're going to get punished... but idk.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Umm.. I wonder.. I don't think they can punish you but I think they may have time to run towards you after it's shielded which still leaves you close to them. I think you might have time to turn around too so it's not so bad if it happens that way but ya if you whiff it then that's bad. Of course if it hits the shield then you need to also be fully spaced.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Just keep doing it, it took me like 2 years at least to go even with Matt. He was the one that was kicking my *** everyday with Falcon back in 2002-03. lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I want to play mike again, he's so good now. I love the challenge of DI'ing falcon's combos properly... Sometimes ****ty survival di (DI'ing straight up, or up and slightly away) or even no DI is best. Whatever keeps you out of combo range without handing out easy edgeguards. I've always said getting combo'd is a part of ganons metagame lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Fellow Ganons, when you're playing a Falcon, what stage do you try to stage strike to? And what stage do you CP?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
The rest of Florida ditched coming to NCSU.

I'm personally coming up to Raleigh by myself, but only so that I can finally meet in person, some of my fellow Ganondorf players.

So essentially, I'm driving 10 hours to come see RR, BlackChris, Jim/Pyrostormer, and Ace if he shows up magically.

FEEL SPECIAL, etc.

Also, I hate gamertags, so Raphael, is that your real name?

And is Chris your real name?

Top Bottom