• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Win as Zelda

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'd like to correct mow, as the obvious answer to the question "How do I win with zelda" is down and b, THEN you fair and bair a lot.

Also, I'd like to make sure everyone knows about this Yale study that was conducted in 06 and just recently finsihed:

The study shows that this post....

To win with Zelda there’s three things you must do at all times.

1. You must keep your distance from your enemy
2. You must be able to predict them
3. You absolutely can not take an offensive position or you will die.

is wrong.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
(as i read a usefulness chart of Sheik's moves; her down + b was rated 0 and even some negative numbers) but i do have a different point of view because of the fact that i use both :cool:
heh heh... that may have been me. i disagree with it now. seriously. Honestly. Really. [insert another adverb of the same ilk as the previous ones here].

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
haha, ive seen the dair MC'd easily at like 200+ damage, its funny.

i love it

(going back to Darkatma's latest post)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
After using my Zelda in the last tournament I went to I learned that Zelda does so much better against Foxes and Ice climbers then Sheik. Falco though…Well that match is a bit harder for her since most falco spam the short hop lazar and that just eats Zelda alive even with her neutral B.

Zelda owns a foul if they play nothing but offense. X3

darkatma

Smash Hero
How to win as Zelda: Press down B
There's something called the Character Specific: Sheik forums that you would fit right into.
GTFO!! :laugh: :laugh:

why don't we have more good zelda vids...

By far the most competent and varietous zeldas (that i've seen) are magus's and ryoko's
see vid: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5444658107374173162
Look! REAL zelda combos!

so different from kick spamming zeldas

I need more vids of my zelda so people can give me suggestions :p

Brookman

Smash Hero
There's something called the Character Specific: Sheik forums that you would fit right into.
GTFO!! :laugh: :laugh:

why don't we have more good zelda vids...

By far the most competent and varietous zeldas (that i've seen) are magus's and ryoko's
see vid: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5444658107374173162
Look! REAL zelda combos!

so different from kick spamming zeldas

I need more vids of my zelda so people can give me suggestions :p

OMG that match was so boring. They just full jump fair/bair'd into a nair on their shield then the other player would upsmash out of their shield. Zelda is so PATHETIC. They should really spam her fair/bair more. That's why Mow has the best zelda.

Edit// I turned the music off and was able to watch the whole thing. It was good, aside from the fact that zelda is so slow and pathetic. They recovered to the edge every single time, but there was nothing the other player could do cause zelda is so slow.

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
how about....quit knocking zelda.

sheik doesnt even her own spot on the character selection screen. :p

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
You didn't like the music? That's like, a bannable offense right there.

And no, there isn't a lot that Zelda can do against her own recovery. It's just the way it is.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
How to win as Zelda: Press down B
This joke has been made countless times b4 whether here, some other thread or even not on these boards. That's not the only reason it's not funny. There are many people out there who like zelda and can use her better than a bunch of good sheiks. That's what i learn from insulting chars one way or another. :urg:

darkatma

Smash Hero
OMG that match was so boring. They just full jump fair/bair'd into a nair on their shield then the other player would upsmash out of their shield. Zelda is so PATHETIC. They should really spam her fair/bair more. That's why Mow has the best zelda.

Edit// I turned the music off and was able to watch the whole thing. It was good, aside from the fact that zelda is so slow and pathetic. They recovered to the edge every single time, but there was nothing the other player could do cause zelda is so slow.

This is funny.

actually, mow doesnt have a single vid of his zelda, so i can't see any of it's skill. self proclaimed best zelda that really doesnt contribute except to say: "spam fair and bair".

zelda dittos just work that way lol. Stick to the sheik forums.

darkatma said:
GTFO!!
you quoted it in your own post :laugh:

edit: Joe 4 sho i like your banner

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
rofl at Atma owning mow, but that is true...i want to see his zelda too, i cant imagine people being better than me with zelda.

darkatma

Smash Hero
rofl at Atma owning mow, but that is true...i want to see his zelda too, i cant imagine people being better than me with zelda.
Hey Hey before i get flamed:
Disclaimer: Some of the stuff i said wasn't meant to flame, more to criticize :p I suppose character specific pros are too good to stoop down and give suggestions to us lowly ones:p

Not that i said mow sucks or anything :p I just wanna see why his zelda is top:)

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
You also called him self proclaimed haha which is a huge burn....ive seen other people proclaim him the best too..but i get ya, he/she lol im not sure which it is but ya...they do just come in to give stupid tidbits like spam this or do this faster...i would assume the "pro" zeldas would have better advice.

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
Darkatma, thank you very much, i like your's as well.

but all the credit goes to CQue the Sunn.

blackrob08

Smash Cadet
you gotsta aim the forward b like a G and use it to set up finishing bair/fairs on the edges. also shieldgrabbing is decent enough to rely on as a primary defensive tactic, but spot dodging into jab grabs works fairly well too if you're comfortable enough enough. Up throw sometimes is a decent combo device, but really you just need to use mind games. your opponent knows you are going to spam bair/fair, but oh well just be more creative than they think you will be (forward b)

D

Deleted member

blue has a bigger strong kick hitbox by 2 pixels and it stays out an extra frame for both sides.

blue ftw.

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
Top caT, i believe we were made for each other. i dont know what we're going to do when we ditto. im not gunna give up light blue that easily.

darkatma

Smash Hero
i actually play zelda with all colors :p Just depends on my mood.
i generally use dark blue though. green and red and my next choices

So yea this thread has become an all emcompassing "why play zelda" thread ~:)

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or are we the only people that post on the Zelda Board?

Anyway, back on topic, I guess a nice Dark blue is good.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Why do people say dark blue? There's no light blue. There's a silver/lilac color, but it's ugly.

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
i was gunna come in here and say it was periwinkle, but i see Magus beat me to it. it definitely aint no silver/lilac.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Being color blind blows... I have no idea what that color is... but I'm going to trust Magus on this.

I'm going to record some matches of Mow's Zelda so everyone can see it (I'll be recording at Cata 3).

Top Bottom