• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Swap Single Animations!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I said I was going to make this tut, so here it is!
STEP 1)
Gather your materials!
You will need:

*BrawlBox[newest version available]

*Fit[CHARACTER]Motionetc.pac for the character you want to give animations. Will be referred to as "CHARACTERA" from now on.

*Fit[CHARACTER]Motionetc.pac for all the characters you plan on taking animations from. Will be regerred to as "CHARACTERB" from now on.

*(OPTIONAL) PSA 1.3.

STEP 2) OPEN 2 BRAWLBOXES! Load your CHARACTERA and one of your CHARACTERB pac files.

STEP 3) LOCATE the Animation on the CHARACTERA and on the CHARACTERB you wish to swap.

STEP 4) RIGHT CLICK on the CHARACTERB's animation, and "EXPORT". Save the file to somewhere you'll remember.

STEP 5) RIGHT CLICK on the CHARACTERA's animation you're replacing, and click "REPLACE". Select the animation you just saved, and do it!

STEP 6) SAVE AND TEST! If it worked, then you're all set. I recommend doing one at a time, and testing after each one, in case you mess up and have to lose a lot of progress.

BONUS STAGE, ADVANCED USERS ONLY:

Lets say you like Falco's Fair, but you want to use Falcon's FAir too! Well, with a litte bit of rigging, you can have BOTH!

Just follow the tutorial like normal, but when it comes time to import the animation, import it over "AttackAirN", instead of "AttackAirF".
Then you'll see that you have TWO "AttackAirF" animations.

That will cause your wii to freeze if you try to load that, so now rename one of them to the name of the animation you originally had [in the screenshot its "AttackAirN"], and you'll be able to do the FAir animation for your neutral Air!

This is the part where you need to use PSA though, and transfer the hitbox data to their proper places.

-DD

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
so I can use this and do any characters moves correct?? so I can give link Fox's up smash? and Falcon's Knee ? will the bones of the character get screwed up at all?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If the bones don't match up well enough, it won't work.
Well...that's not entirely true. From what I can tell, it will move all the corresponding bones it can find. However, it WILL reshape your character's model as much as possible to accomodate the move. Like, when Lucario does anything with Charizard's moves, his arms come out of their sockets so he'll be more "Charizard shaped".

But you can probably use 90% of all the animations, and maybe 5% of them will only work if you rig it in PSA. This only swaps the animation data, and nothing else, so its not like the moveswap code, where trying to Falcon punch would try to load the fire effect that the character didn't have, causing a crash.

-DD

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
OMG Very nice this is what I needed, to make my characters perfect ! Thanks alot :O (I bookmark this for the first LoL but its very easy, just in case I get cranial trauma or something like that xD)

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I guess the Smash Workshop has yet broken another ''not possible'' argument. I mean seriously, first it was said that bosses couldn't be played on normal stages, but Vile just showed us pictures that it worked (if it's not photoshopped, which i doubt.) Then this happens! People always told me it was impossible to replace animations with other characters animations, yet this has proven that it does work. I just tried your Mewtwo out, awesome :).

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
So, I saw this question in your mewtwo thread: using this method, implanting ganon's up taunt could be used for mewtwo, correct? :D

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I think it should, i'm planning to replace ganon's sword taunt with his laughing victory pose

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely amazing.

I'd probably go for splicing wolf with fox to make him a little less whacky. Also ganondorf with some of Ike's moveset is a possibility.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah, Sword ganon code + psa + brawlbox + Ike moves / other sword users could create a pretty epic Twilight Dorf.

I'm going to try putting Melee Faclon's non-preggorz dash in on Monday for my own amusement.

shanus

Smash Hero
**** YES! Someone get on that right NOWWWW. :D

And, nice background picture by the way. lol
I've already created a perfect melee falco shine a while back using PSA as you cannot use this technique to make melee falco shine as he doesnt have enough animation slots for it.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I've already created a perfect melee falco shine a while back using PSA as you cannot use this technique to make melee falco shine as he doesnt have enough animation slots for it.
Not released yet :p
Wait what? So you have it and it works? Its using Fox's shine animation and not Falco's Brawl shine animation right?

Let me play with it!!! :D

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Well...that's not entirely true. From what I can tell, it will move all the corresponding bones it can find. However, it WILL reshape your character's model as much as possible to accomodate the move. Like, when Lucario does anything with Charizard's moves, his arms come out of their sockets so he'll be more "Charizard shaped".
-DD
Does the animation look like the character has temporarily moveswapped with another character or something?

Like, if you swapped Pika's Fair with Ganon's Fair and executed it, Pika's Fair animation would look like Manchu's Fair?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Does the animation look like the character has temporarily moveswapped with another character or something?

Like, if you swapped Pika's Fair with Ganon's Fair and executed it, Pika's Fair animation would look like Manchu's Fair?
Exactly.
Which is why you need to pick and choose your animations.
-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
Wait what? So you have it and it works? Its using Fox's shine animation and not Falco's Brawl shine animation right?

Let me play with it!!! :D
I created my own animation using a mix of crouch and standing in PSA and the shine graphic effect. It looks very similar to melee shine.

Same trajectory, able to be JC'd, provides lower gravity during use, able to turn during use, able to hold it infinitely, etc (all made from scratch)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I replaced Falcon's fair with Snake's fair. I get a game crash.
1.) You may did something wrong... happened to me too.

2.) You could try do change also Captain Falcons Animations Flags (Maybe they arent the same, but I cant think that this crashes the game o.O)

3.) Did you only changed the "Animation" in the motion.pac or did you also do any changes in the normal falcon.pac ? If you did the above mentioned you may did there something wrong xD

I would try at first to only change the motion.pac of Falcon, if this works you go on, if not I have no clue. Snakes FAir only uses one Animation right ? (I think you cant makeso many things wrong there... lol)

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
1.) You may did something wrong... happened to me too.

2.) You could try do change also Captain Falcons Animations Flags (Maybe they arent the same, but I cant think that this crashes the game o.O)

3.) Did you only changed the "Animation" in the motion.pac or did you also do any changes in the normal falcon.pac ? If you did the above mentioned you may did there something wrong xD

I would try at first to only change the motion.pac of Falcon, if this works you go on, if not I have no clue. Snakes FAir only uses one Animation right ? (I think you cant makeso many things wrong there... lol)
I followed the guide exactly, and replaced falcons fair with snake's fair.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Same.
Make sure it isn't an error somewhere else in your FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac or FitCaptain.pac.

-DD

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
As I recall from back in the old moveset-swapping days, any attack done by a combination of Snake and C. Falcon causes a crash. There was a joke about this...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
As I recall from back in the old moveset-swapping days, any attack done by a combination of Snake and C. Falcon causes a crash. There was a joke about this...
=o Doesn't apply anymore. Its just data saying what moves where now. Its all cross compatible, it just doesn't always look pretty. LOL.
-DD

NNID
Budget_Player
Well first of all don't be a *** and replace an epic knee. Second of all, Trading movesets between one character just doesn't work. Third of all, why the heck do you want snake's? The game is probably just offended.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well first of all don't be a *** and replace an epic knee. Second of all, Trading movesets between one character just doesn't work. Third of all, why the heck do you want snake's? The game is probably just offended.
>_> Not a moveset, its an animation, and he may not have replaced the knee, just added Snake's FAir.

-DD

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
And that's why Manchu has been resurrected from the dead! Because now we can replace animations without crashing.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
And that's why Manchu has been resurrected from the dead! Because now we can replace animations without crashing.
Actually, Manchu was made before BrawlBox, Brawlbox just made it more efficient.
xD!
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yes, that's what I meant by resurrection. He was born of moveset swaps, but was slain when people got tired of him crashing.
:o No, like, even before that. Manchu was out a good 2-3 days before BrawlBox was updated. He was just built out of a Pikachu with a renamed "FitGanondorfmotionetc.pac" to "FitPikachumotionetc.pac", so it resized him.

-DD

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
:o No, like, even before that. Manchu was out a good 2-3 days before BrawlBox was updated. He was just built out of a Pikachu with a renamed "FitGanondorfmotionetc.pac" to "FitPikachumotionetc.pac", so it resized him.

-DD
Oh yeah. But that is pretty much the same this that BrawlBox does.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't have homebrew channel yet, but I'm getting it soon so, I was wondering if someone could answer this.
If I put D3's crouch as ZSS's crouch, how natural would it look? Would it be a slight distortion or complete distortion?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
I don't have homebrew channel yet, but I'm getting it soon so, I was wondering if someone could answer this.
If I put D3's crouch as ZSS's crouch, how natural would it look? Would it be a slight distortion or complete distortion?
Lol, I wouldn't doubt a huge distortion. =P

Okay, I've run into a problem. I tried giving Marth's Side-B final low attack [the one where he stabs low a lot] to Sheik. I replaced her SpecialAirNCancel, since I don't use it. Then I went to PSA, took a whole new Sheik.pac, and changed the low F-Tilt animation to SpecialAirNCancel, and modified the hitboxes to match. I put both the motion pac and the FitSheik.pac in my SD Card.

The problem: The match freezes 3-7 seconds in. It doesn't matter what move you're doing, it just freezes. I even tested the Marth tilt before the freeze; the hitboxes and animation work perfectly. Could anyone tell me what's wrong?

P.S. I do have a Zelda PSA running as well, but no motion pac for her. Before this I also tested just giving her the Marth motion pac and renaming it, and everything worked fine, except for the B moves. I'll post the pacs if you'd like.

Smw66466

Smash Cadet
I have a noob question. Is a Motion file the same as a MotionEtc file? Koopa, GigaKoopa, Zakochild, Zakoball, Zakogirl, and Zakoboy all only have Fit(Character)Motion.pac files and not Fit(Character)MotionEtc.pac files like the all of the other characters.

Top Bottom