• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to 'Dorf that move? 'How to deal with specific attacks' - IKE'S JAB

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Magus's Luigi landed like 15 Jab cancels and an Up-B on M2K's MK.

Just sayin'. If they're that good at Jab canceling though, that's where you learn to SDI.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Magus's Luigi landed like 15 Jab cancels and an Up-B on M2K's MK.

Just sayin'. If they're that good at Jab canceling though, that's where you learn to SDI.
Lol how is that possible? So he jabbed 15 times in a row and finished it with up b? On M2K no less. It sounds like something is missing from your story. Was it out of a jab lock? If it was that doesn't require super strict timing. Unless I'm mistaken you can also DJ before the jab to up b hits you. Maybe he just didn't know I guess. I'm sure he could have SDI'ed out of a string of jabs before getting hit 15 times. Seeing the video would answer most of my questions. Link?

If you assume that the Ike can jab cancel almost frame perfectly most of the time then it is only fair to assume Ganon will SDI enough to escape most of the time too.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Lol how is that possible? So he jabbed 15 times in a row and finished it with up b? On M2K no less. It sounds like something is missing from your story. Was it out of a jab lock? If it was that doesn't require super strict timing. Unless I'm mistaken you can also DJ before the jab to up b hits you. Maybe he just didn't know I guess. I'm sure he could have SDI'ed out of a string of jabs before getting hit 15 times. Seeing the video would answer most of my questions. Link?
I heard the story from teh_spammerer, a pro player who knows Magus and M2K quite well. We'd probably have to ask either spam or M2K if there is a vid.

As for that story, it was most likely because M2K didn't know the Luigi matchup. I've seen a video of M2K falling for some similarly silly stuff against say....Ninjalink's Lucas lol.

By the way, Luigi can't Jab lock since the knockback on his Jab is purely vertical.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I guess it could happen if you don't know it's escapeable. It just really sounded weird when you say he did it on M2K. Since the knockback is vertical I can see it being chained indefinitely if the other guy doesn't know what he's doing. I believe you.

:034:

Smash Hero
I had a dream where I beat M2K with Ganon and he said he didn't know the match-up. >_> Too bad it was just a dream >:

:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I don't think Ganon has any move quick enough to punish jab3 lag while out of jab3 range with the exception of maybe an IDA or wizard kick.
His 3'rd Jab is too easy to punish: Dtilt, iDA, and even Gerudo works.
However, no Ike would input the 'jab3 input' if they see Ganon block/avoid the first & 2'nd Jab.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I only use the 3rd jab if they're at kill percentage. Or if I'm feeling frisky. But don't expect to punish the 3rd jab, like Z1gma said, we're not stupid. Also, there are much better options for us next to the 3rd jab, namely just grab and to a degree tilts if we're feeling lucky. When jab1 hits, we have a free grab+pummels and our wonderfull follow-up game after f-throw and b-throw, you should discuss those too, because in my experience those are a challenge to take on.

Just avoid our jabs, SDI out and grab perfectly when jab1 misses, don't fall for the combat-walk and SDI down, when jab1 hits you in the air, jump away as quickly as possible, we can grab stuff out of the air too ;), but that's not garantueed. One more thing, after jab we can also SH bair your face, or just run past you and wait for a mistake and bair you out of it, not used frequently, but something to be aware of.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I think you can DI away and up, forward and down, forward and up, and away and down, all during different situations. DIing out of Ike's jab is what you should be doing if you want to get away from it.

Top Bottom