• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with X move thread. (Pit's Arrows)

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Start playing Ganondorf against a good Samus and practice powershielding all the projectiles.
and don't get ya self mindgame't with tha aurasphere.

Thumbs up if you actually do this.

Drae

Smash Rookie
Start playing Ganondorf against a good Samus and practice powershielding all the projectiles.
and don't get ya self mindgame't with tha aurasphere.

Thumbs up if you actually do this.
I mained Ganon when I first started Brawl so I had to get used to Powershielding everything so that translated over when I picked up ZZS so....it works. But I've never really played a good Lucario, there's a fairly decent one in my area but he really isn't that skilled.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Yeah it does work.
Or just try powershielding everything a cpu or a scrub does.

Drae

Smash Rookie
I can't really think of any move that gives me that much trouble, but one that comes to mind is Shiek's needles. I lost a tourney match to a Shiek a couple months back cause his needles kept fludging with me.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Sheiks Needles and Ftilt DI (What to do to avoid and how to get out of it for the newer Zss we have been seeing recently)

noradseven

Smash Lord
Shiek isn't too bad I would be more worried about her dash then really her poke game, bait f-tilt, punish do it till they are scared to do f-tilt. If they never get scared well you win. Needles you just gotta be patient either they will only use 2-3 needles and do **** for damage, or they have alot so just bait a toss.

No.
Just uair/jab/utilt them off.
DON'T DO DAT. D-tilt is okay occasionally as well.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Bait the needles. And the best thing is to never be in the situation where he can hit you with Ftilt, because thats the only situation where he can hit you with it.
Maybe we can bait the needles with disjointed hitboxes.
But I don't really know any of ZSS disjointed hitboxes.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Sheik's f-tilt is dead easy to avoid, if you get caught I SDI upwards and bounce out after the second/first hit, try mix up the bounce direction otherwise it'll be baited.

If you're on the ground shielding, u-tilt or f-tilt is fast enough. Only f-tilt at medium percentages, or angle it downwards. And only u-tilt if you certain they'll try f-tilt again for pressure. U-tilt is the better imo.

Needles are frustrating, you just gotta bait them as volc. said. If you do get hit, anticipate a DACUS as most sheik players would do since it's hard to punish. Oh and about DACUS, never shorthop approach a sheik because they'll just DACUS sweetspot your sorry ***.

EDIT: You can also u-air out of it sometimes.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Pit's Arrows. They're like slow lasers with different firing rates, and angles. HUZZAH!
Discuss!

solecalibur

Smash Master
Jab if they dont curve it , Recover low and air dodge everytime you see come close (careful using your 2nd jump), Ducking doesnt work (even without curve), uair clashes with it (they can curve it so it hits you never the less) , Long story short PS and air dodge more but when close to them
If you get hit by an arrow loop Im gonna punch you in the ****

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Well i think a good thing to address is how to deal with Pit planking with his arrows, since that is one of the more difficult situations to deal with.

If you have the lead, just go to the other end of the stage and either get on the ledge yourself or just use the extra space to make PSing the arrows easier.

If Pit has the lead then you need to approach at some point. Timing the dsmash or walkoff fair seems to work well, just watch out if they drop jump airdodge behind you onto the stage instead of shooting. Does fair eat arrows by any chance?

But yeah there's a big dead zone at 11 and 1 oclock where Pit can't hit so if he's charging them waiting for you to airdodge so he can punish, approach from those angles with falling uairs IMO

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Powershield / Airdogde approach.
For planking, just hope its banned (lol noez).

Top Bottom