• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to be the best snake you can be.

AfroQT

Smash Master
1. Don't call yourself a "ekans" main, infact, don't call anyone else a "ekans" main, and DEFINITELY do not associate yourself with anyone that even jokes about maining "ekans". This isnt ****ing Pokemon PurpleRainbowSurprise, its brawl, and you main a ****ing man, his name is Snake, not some **** pokemon.

2. You must love snake dittos. Period. No exceptions.

3. True snake mains dont have secondaries. True snake mains are to manly to use any other character, as every other character is a wimp. You main snake, use em.

Requesting sticky.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
lol i dont have second and i love dittos and i dont refer to anyone or myself as an ekans main...im officially a good snake lol.

afro u goin to gamme?

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
This joke thread makes too much sense to be a joke thread. o_O This is true in a funny kind of way.The Top Snake mains in New England only use snake. Although Ally uses snake and capt falcon occasionally.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
1. Don't call yourself a "ekans" main, infact, don't call anyone else a "ekans" main, and DEFINITELY do not associate yourself with anyone that even jokes about maining "ekans". This isnt ****ing Pokemon PurpleRainbowSurprise, its brawl, and you main a ****ing man, his name is Snake, not some **** pokemon.

3. True snake mains dont have secondaries. True snake mains are to manly to use any other character, as every other character is a wimp. You main snake, use em.

Requesting sticky.
1. I'll be honest, I never even liked the "ekans" joke in the first place; but I did like how the Social Thread used to have "ekans" in it.

2. I <3 Snake dittos even though they are annoying. I play Snake dittos with my firend (rPSI) ocasionally.

3. Afro you are soooo right. I pretty much just "say" I main ROB, along with Snake, just because he was my first main when I started palying competitively. I actually main Snake.

This thread is the absolute best way to get better with Snake.
I think afro's right about 2 & 3. 1 is just something you shouldn't do.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
snake is rugged and manly, he breaks his opponents necks then tucks them into bed

he's so intense he extends his manliness into chi and can kick/punch you from 5 feet away.

he so manly that just to recover he blows himself up all so he can come kick your ***

he so awesome that he wears a skin tight suit and shows off his *** to demoralize his foes once they find out they'll never be as cool

AfroQT

Smash Master
fatal uses meta knight a little actually

also I'm going out of my way to use ekans more now that I know snake mains don't like it <_<
Then you aren't a true snake main, and that means your opinion is not valid.

So call him w/e you want, TRAITOR.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I never said I mained snake, or played him in any capacity for that matter ;\

This thread does have the odor of troll, but it's gold covered with troll to disguise it. I think it would be better to say your advise straight up Afro_Thundah. Like this:

1) Quit joking around with your character and get serious
2) Stick with your character like glue. Don't spend time trying to use someone else other than Snake.

I got the odor of troll from this thead and have just trolled it too :(

-Ran

Smash Master
I would say that if you're finding yourself having match up issues against a particular character, spend a week learning how to play that character, and find someone that knows how to play Snake. This way you can see how the match up from another perspective, and thus you might gain a new level of understanding.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've made like $80-90 -_-

which is more than I would have if I were a snake main >_>

actually the one tournament that I won I used snake mostly in GF...

CO18

Smash Hero
naw snake using all these explosives and **** is cheating, d3 just uses a hammer and he still ****s on snake

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
besides snake the only other characters that're manly are ike and ganon, ike because of his huge honking sword that he swings like a paper towel roll and ganon cause he lunges at you, grabs your face then blows it off in a purple explosion

napZzz

Smash Hero

Requesting sticky.
Until recently I wasn't following rule #3. Since going all snake I feel I've been improving.

I hate snake dittos. Thanks afro, I'll learn to love them and hope my skill level skyrockets.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Until recently I wasn't following rule #3. Since going all snake I feel I've been improving.

I hate snake dittos. Thanks afro, I'll learn to love them and hope my skill level skyrockets.
Learn to love them and you will see improvement. No but really, getting good at fighting Snake will help you understand how Snake works alot better. If you can't identify an opposing Snakes weakness, you can't identify your own.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
I follow all 3 rules. Bizkit needs to die because he associates with rule 1. what a ***

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Learn to love them and you will see improvement. No but really, getting good at fighting Snake will help you understand how Snake works alot better. If you can't identify an opposing Snakes weakness, you can't identify your own.

So true. But honestly that really applies when playing Brawl.

Thats why I kinda disagree with your rule #3 because sometimes playing other characters helps you understand how they work better and what things you can do to defeat them. Ya dig?

AfroQT

Smash Master
So true. But honestly that really applies when playing Brawl.

Thats why I kinda disagree with your rule #3 because sometimes playing other characters helps you understand how they work better and what things you can do to defeat them. Ya dig?
No snake mains only play snake.

Top Bottom