• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much money have you made in tournaments?

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Including money matches.

It doesn't matter what sort of tournament, it could be SSB, Melee, Brawl, but it has to be your total amount, or at least what you can remember.

I've won $15 bucks and a cheap-*** plastic trophy. How 'bout you?

Kruton

Smash Ace
I've only been playing in Brawl tournaments, and I've made about $270 since it's come out. The weeklies I go to usually pays out $30/$15/$5, and there's the monthlies. There's been one monthly, and I got 2nd, winning $100. So yeah, that sounds about right.

I don't get how if I'm getting a consistent 2nd, why my pay doesn't compare to most of you earlier posters...

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I've only been playing in Brawl tournaments, and I've made about $270 since it's come out. The weeklies I go to usually pays out $30/$15/$5, and there's the monthlies. There's been one monthly, and I got 2nd, winning $100. So yeah, that sounds about right.

I don't get how if I'm getting a consistent 2nd, why my pay doesn't compare to most of you earlier posters...
Bigger turnouts/prizes make all the difference. ;)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Melee + Brawl around $1,500.

Madvillain

Smash Rookie
pffft, money. I play for respect.......and hookers. :laugh:

But really, I won a bottle of Gentleman Jack from my buddy because I finally beat his Peach.
That's like $30.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Half the people here are lying, in case others haven't figured it out.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
$4 in mms, I think around $15 in tourney placement, 2 gamecube games, 2 gamecube controllers, and a giant spiderman cardboard cutout. That's after paying around $200 in tourney fees.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I trust Lee, Yay, and Hylian though. :p

Me personally, about 50$ plus a cheap plastic trophy. (Local tournies obviously, I'm not great enough to finish in top placings lol).

Now if we want to go for ANY type of tournaments, I can proudly say I accumulated 2k$ for Halo back in '05 ;), all from local tournies too, since GA's Halo scene blows.

Now how much money did you all waste playing melee + brawl? lool
Remember that 2k$ I just posted about? ...... yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh. XD j/k haha, a more realistic number would be... about 1k$.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
For melee and brawl?

I've made about 300$ off of brawl so far,
And around 500$ from my year of playing melee- placing top 3 in teams, some top 3 in singles, and MMs.

noodles

Smash Champion
got to it before i did..

ive made 25 bucks lost 34 if it wasnt for DM charging 10 to get in it wud be 24

im going to a tourny later this month hopefully ill get money

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I was in a brawl tournament with my friends and the entry fee was $2. I turned out to be second place and won my $2 back lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I've made a little over $800 off of Brawl so far, a large chunk of that coming from Texas Showdown.

In Melee I only made about $200 off of tournaments because I had Mew2King, Zanguzen, and Dav3 in my state. :(

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i've made over 9000 in melee.
and about 12 bajillion in brawl.
and i'm also some random n00b on the boards nobody has heard of. EL OH EL!!1

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I've made a decent bit from teams, but boy do I rarely ever get singles money.

Top Bottom