• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many Wii games actually have more depth than Brawl?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
We complain about how easy Brawl is and it being as shallow as a kiddy pool. But honestly, Brawl could be in the top 10 as far as depth goes among the Wii games. There just is not that much complex content on the Wii. How many games can you guys think of that beat Brawl in depth? I challenge you guys to prove me wrong. >:]

Banee

Smash Cadet
The only ones that come to mind are GG:AC and TvC. Although, TvC isn't released in the US yet.

The Wii is probably the worst console in history, thus far, in my opinion. Nintendo has gone overboard with making nothing but super casual games. That wouldn't even be a problem if they weren't all exactly like the same. About 75% of the games on the wii can be summed up as "You have to manipulate the wii mote in a specific manner whenever the screen indicates it."

Sure, there are a few gems like Brawl, No More Heroes, and Mario Kart. But, thus far, I have gotten the least use out of my wii than any other gaming platform in history. That includes my windows 3.1 386 machine I had in 1988.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
brawl+

10char
Lolz

The only ones that come to mind are GG:AC and TvC. Although, TvC isn't released in the US yet.

The Wii is probably the worst console in history, thus far, in my opinion. Nintendo has gone overboard with making nothing but super casual games. That wouldn't even be a problem if they weren't all exactly like the same. About 75% of the games on the wii can be summed up as "You have to manipulate the wii mote in a specific manner whenever the screen indicates it."

Sure, there are a few gems like Brawl, No More Heroes, and Mario Kart. But, thus far, I have gotten the least use out of my wii than any other gaming platform in history. That includes my windows 3.1 386 machine I had in 1988.
That number drops down to about 40% when you take out the games that scored less than a 7.

Come on, you guys are making this too easy. Y'all can't find 10 games on the Wii with more or comparable depth? I could name 6 off of the top of my head (and Banee mentioned two of them). Brawl may be fun, but no one wants to see it in the top 10 of Wii games with most depth (not literally of course). Unless of course Brawl has more depth than we think it does.

At Sondergaard, Mario Strikers Charged has depth? Elaborate please.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Well, aside from Virtual Console games, probably, I personally only play Brawl on the Wii. rarely I play WarioWare or something else.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
He's right you know. Lolz.

Seems a little bizarre that you're comparing the amount of depth that Brawl has to all Wii games instead of just Wii exclusive fighters. Seems like comparing apples to a ****ing porkchop to me.
That leaves only Tatsunoko vs. Capcom unless you count the non-exclusive Wii fighters as well. I figured adding all Wii games into the mix might make things more interesting.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Does it have to be Wii exclusive? If not, then there's Mega Man 9 (especially if you download Proto Man, Endless Attack, and Super Hero mode) and Melee (my Wii can actually read my scratched up, messy Melee disk that has been mishandled by my little bro much better than it can read my Brawl disc which isn't nearly as screwed up. Screw you dual-layered disc!). For Wii exclusive, then I have absolutely no idea.

D

Deleted member

-does it have to be a fighter or something?
-depth in the sense of technical, story, or replay value?

I would say metroid for story, and strikers isn't bad either.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The Wii is probably the worst console in history, thus far, in my opinion. Nintendo has gone overboard with making nothing but super casual games.
You do know that the wii has sold more than any other consol that ever existed right?

And the fact that Wii Sports has sold more than all Mario titles bought together?

Nintendo has found a bigger target auidence. Regular people instead of gamers.

Mith_

Smash Champion
TvC is the only one I can think of off of the top of my head atm.
It sucks that its only released on Wii too. One actually good game thats not on ps3 or 360 =/

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
We complain about how easy Brawl is and it being as shallow as a kiddy pool. But honestly, Brawl could be in the top 10 as far as depth goes among the Wii games. There just is not that much complex content on the Wii. How many games can you guys think of that beat Brawl in depth? I challenge you guys to prove me wrong. >:]
none.

/Thread

§leepy God

Smash Master
naruto shippuden GNT 3 has more deapth.
Japanese game's don't count. :p

TvC is the only one I can think of off of the top of my head atm.
It sucks that its only released on Wii too. One actually good game thats not on ps3 or 360 =/
One?!? What about Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Wario Land Shake It, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Fire Emblem RD etc. I know those game's are good to own, lol. And TvC is a Japanese game so that don't count. :p

none.

/Thread
I wouldn't say that just yet because there might be a new game that could out class it, (TMNT Smash Up anyone). Well, people are saying World of Goo or Mario Galaxy has more depth into it. Maybe I'm just hearing things.

Banee

Smash Cadet
You do know that the wii has sold more than any other consol that ever existed right?

And the fact that Wii Sports has sold more than all Mario titles bought together?

Nintendo has found a bigger target auidence. Regular people instead of gamers.

Okay? Why do I, as a gamer, care about how much money Nintendo makes off of non-gamers?

Sure, it's fine to make games for non gamers, and of course it's an excellent business strategy. That doesn't change my view that it is the worse console in history [for me].

You seem to be under the impression that because it is the most financially successful console it is therefore the best. The two things are not related (atleast "best" in the sense of quality). No, all financial success indicates is popularity.

The fact is, I, and most of the people I talk to, consider the wii the worst gaming investment they have made. It just doesn't cater to us, at all. It is a 250$ brawl machine, basically. So then, for us (gamers), I stand by my claim that it is the worst gaming platform in history.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Banee, you have to know the defniton of the "worst console ever." Last time I checked, consoles that make the market get sold out almost everyday isn't the worst console ever. The one's that fit the bill might be Saga Satran, Saga Gamegear, or hell, maybe Nintendo Gamecube and compare to the other Nintnedo systems, Xbox or Playstation 2. Or maybe it's Virtual Boy for ****ing up your eye's when you play it wrong. And compare to loads of reviewers, the Nintendo systems of today still have they thunder, they may have lost it a little on 2008 due to the lack of core games, but they are getting it back like 2007 or better.

Banned via Warnings
The fact is, I, and most of the people I talk to, consider the wii the worst gaming investment they have made. It just doesn't cater to us, at all. It is a 250$ brawl machine, basically. So then, for us (gamers), I stand by my claim that it is the worst gaming platform in history.
i agree 100 percent with you i'd rather theyd have put it on a gamecube so i didnt have to waste 200 bucks for a gamecube with slightly better graphics and lack of "hardcore" games like brawl

Banee

Smash Cadet
Banee, you have to know the defniton of the "worst console ever." Last time I checked, consoles that make the market get sold out almost everyday isn't the worst console ever. The one's that fit the bill might be Saga Satran, Saga Gamegear, or hell, maybe Nintendo Gamecube and compare to the other Nintnedo systems, Xbox or Playstation 2. Or maybe it's Virtual Boy for ****ing up your eye's when you play it wrong. And compare to loads of reviewers, the Nintendo systems of today still have they thunder, they may have lost it a little on 2008 due to the lack of core games, but they are getting it back like 2007 or better.
Definitions of abstract ideas, like "worst console ever", are arbitrary and personal, most of the time. There is no one correct definition for it. It has to be defined in context. My definition comes from the perspective of a gamer. Although, admittedly, "worst gaming platform in history" is hyperbole. That prestigious title probably goes to the virtual boy.

None the less, the Wii is a very poor console from my perspective. My perspective seems to be shared among other people who play games frequently. Our perspective doesn't factor in how much money Nintendo generates. We care about what WE get out of the system. Which the answer is "very little."

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
The only games I have for Wii is Brawl, Galaxy, MP3, Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart Wii. The only game Im getting this year is The Conduit.

The only game I PLAY now is Brawl because the other 4 have low replay value after you beat them. I spent more on VC games then wii games.

§leepy God

Smash Master
i agree 100 percent with you i'd rather theyd have put it on a gamecube so i didnt have to waste 200 bucks for a gamecube with slightly better graphics and lack of "hardcore" games like brawl
OMG, now your just speaking words, first off, a Gamecube lacks the online features that the Wii holds, which is a big deal and the main reason why Gamecube was at an inferior place compare to Xbox and Playstation 2. Second, the Wii came out for like what, a little more than two years compare to the Gamecube's five/six years, and yet, there is at least twenty game's that I can think of that's "hardcore" for Gamecube, a system that's been out this long should have at least thirty game's that come's to mind and not just around twenty. For the Wii I can think around fifthteen including Wiiware games right now that fit's the hardcore bill, maybe I'm a little biased when it come's to some games, but hey, they are core to some or a lot of levels. So compare to more people, the Wii and the DS is the success to the Gamecube's failure. Also think how many fans left Nintendo because of the Gamecube compare to the Wii.

Definitions of abstract ideas, like "worst console ever", are arbitrary and personal, most of the time. There is no one correct definition for it. It has to be defined in context. My definition comes from the perspective of a gamer. Although, admittedly, "worst gaming platform in history" is hyperbole. That prestigious title probably goes to the virtual boy.

None the less, the Wii is a very poor console from my perspective. My perspective seems to be shared among other people who play games frequently. Our perspective doesn't factor in how much money Nintendo generates. We care about what WE get out of the system. Which the answer is "very little."
I guess that make's since, this is your point of veiw after all. A lot of Gamecube game's that were core that have a sequel to the Wii's have been shown to the causal favor, maybe not Fire Embelm Radent Dawn or Mario Strikers Charaged since those two game's are more hardcore than the last versions. But what did you expect when most of the game's have motion sensor controls.

The only games I have for Wii is Brawl, Galaxy, MP3, Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart Wii. The only game Im getting this year is The Conduit.

The only game I PLAY now is Brawl because the other 4 have low replay value after you beat them. I spent more on VC games then wii games.
What, your not getting Punch Out or TMNT Smash Up?! But yea, I would agree to the game's you just said excpet for Mario Kart Wii because I belive this game will last longer than the DS version. You can beat those game's you said faster than the pervious titles.... maybe we play too many video games. XD

Banned via Warnings
OMG, now your just speaking words, first off, a Gamecube lacks the online features that the Wii holds, which is a big deal and the main reason why Gamecube was at an inferior place compare to Xbox and Playstation 2. Second, the Wii came out for like what, a little more than two years compare to the Gamecube's five/six years, and yet, there is at least twenty game's that I can think of that's "hardcore" for Gamecube, a system that's been out this long should have at least thirty game's that come's to mind and not just around twenty. For the Wii I can think around fifthteen including Wiiware games right now that fit's the hardcore bill, maybe I'm a little biased when it come's to some games, but hey, they are core to some or a lot of levels. So compare to more people, the Wii and the DS is the success to the Gamecube's failure. Also think how many fans left Nintendo because of the Gamecube compare to the Wii.
you must not have played ur gamecube very oftendont get mad cuz the wii is allergic to depth/gameplay/storyline/TECHSKILLZ ur probably one of those people that complain when some one techs in melee or uses the parry in street fighter. also wii ware games are bassically emulations of games and if it isnt an emulation usually its not a hardcore game so no, it does not pay said bills :/

WII I DUB THEE "BRAWLMACHINE"

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So far, I can't see anyother game that can beat Brawl's depth that's out for the Wii yet. Maybe sometime in the future.

§leepy God

Smash Master
you must not have played ur gamecube very oftendont get mad cuz the wii is allergic to depth/gameplay/storyline/TECHSKILLZ ur probably one of those people that complain when some one techs in melee or uses the parry in street fighter. also wii ware games are bassically emulations of games and if it isnt an emulation usually its not a hardcore game so no, it does not pay said bills :/
I played the Gamecube the most out of the sixth gen systems, so I know the game's I played. :D

Also your prediction was wrong, I don't think I complained about the Melee so called "techs" nor did I complained when a chunk of them got taken out in Brawl, but nice try though, it does seem that I'm one of those people. :p

Well, I woudn't count Wiiware game's for short because they're still game's even if they are downloadable. I'm hearing a good amount of people liking Dr. Mario Online RX, Tetris Party, and the World of Goo.

WII I DUB THEE "BRAWLMACHINE"
Judgment chant FTW!!! XD

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Tetris Party
Now this game is freaking competitive.
I advise people to get it.
The game itself hosts tournaments for crying out loud.

Also, Family Ping Pong. Or whatever that game is called.
Get it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Okami.

Really, I've never encountered another game with that many ways to be totally broken.

Top Bottom