• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of us really MAIN link?

Zodiac

Smash Master
When I say this I mean how many of us really do go all link in tournaments? that is after all what maining link is about right? Going all link and ****** everyone with the "low tier".

I dont actually go all link myself, I have a pretty solid fox ,sheik and marth I can fall back on and often choose in favor of starting right off with link. At my next tournament im aiming to go all link and resist switching to some top tier.

So, do you REALLY main link?

Spife

Smash Master
purist goes all link
main is like, uses link most of the time except for specific match ups or what ever.

I use to pure link, then I just mained him and now he's a very solid secondary.

Skler

Smash Master
I main him and still generally go pure Link at larger tournies. NE knows Link too well for me to go straight Link in locals now.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
I've mained him since the game came out.
When I started to actually play in tourneys I would just switch to my then secondary, Sheik (:[)
But lately I've been wanting to just go all Link.
Next tourney I'm going to go to I'm going just the Hero of Time! >:D

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
im going all link this Saturday i was going to go all link on a brawl+ tourney but no one but 3 ppl wanted to play it rofl so it didnt happend but i got alot of friendlies in. but im in melee now and im going link all da way.
(lol Brawl+ dont know y i liked that game now it feels fake)

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
i now main link. i went to a tourney. did allright. two set loss elimination. so i went all link, won vs some samus. won vs a cf. then came the peach. it was super close the first match. came down to the last stock but the peach won. all i had to do was pick a good cp and i coulda had him. but nope. i decided to switch to my second, falco, and was promptly *****. so the third set went all link vs a doc. won. then fourth set vs a falco i went link and once again it was close. then i decided to switch to my mario and was *****. that put me out of the tourney. sure. i got more experience with my non mains but wtf was i thinking? i was close with my link for the matchup. why would i switch? ima go all link from now on. lesson learned.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I know. It's easy to lose faith in your character when he's deemed bad and he has polar weaknesses. Half the time I switch, I get ***** too. Except vs a Doc though, I went Marth and friggin *****.

Spife

Smash Master
>_> You guys gotta switch to good characters. Good characters are top tiers. Here's the tier list that you should really be paying attention to:

-Top tier-
Fox

-Low tier-
Everyone else

so stop switching from low tier to low tier :bee:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
****it you're right. What was I thinking switching from Link to Falco and Marth? Fox all the way baby! I'll just put Link on the results to fool everybody.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
>_> You guys gotta switch to good characters. Good characters are top tiers. Here's the tier list that you should really be paying attention to:

-Top tier-
Fox

-Low tier-
Everyone else

so stop switching from low tier to low tier :bee:
you should add marth to ur top tier list cuz he's beast :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
but Marth still gets ***** by sheik who gets ***** by Fox. Fox is still a step above
Sheik doesn't get ***** by Fox at all rofl.

She doesn't win the matchup but it's not comparable at all in any way by any stretch of the imagination to the horrible **** she administers to Marth.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
ok I exagurated (my spelling... >.>) sheik vs Fox. The tone in my head sounded kind of jokingly, but I forget it doesn't translate into writing.

btw: wtf, this board is really active. I like it! :D

Spife

Smash Master
ok I exagurated (my spelling... >.>) sheik vs Fox. The tone in my head sounded kind of jokingly, but I forget it doesn't translate into writing.

btw: wtf, this board is really active. I like it! :D

It's not. I have a feeling Kirby Kaze searches his name (his name being 'Sheik gets ***** by' or just 'sheik') and I check forums way to much >.>

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
So I got a tourney on Saturday and I'm planning on all Link.
I got some Sheik practice and gay *** peach and Puff practice.
So I believe I'll be fine on those due to the practice I got was super gay. =D

I'm having second thoughts about going all Link.
This is a local tourney and if I place well I'll get lots of recognition.
Iunno w/e. Lets have faith in the Hero of Time! >:D

rhan

Smash Hero
AYE SKLER! Ya got one last chance to get to Pound!

I wanna play you. :( And if you need more motivation? GERM's going.

HiIH

Smash Lord
I'll usually go all Link.

Before I leave tourneys I usually make one person hate him = (

Zodiac

Smash Master
Lol forgot to check up on my own thread XD. Yea I really do want to go all link in every tournament, at local tourney at the end of the month Im gong to go all link if I can, but what I really dont want to do is fall back on fox cause thats just like outright betraying link! XD

Spife

Smash Master
Lol forgot to check up on my own thread XD. Yea I really do want to go all link in every tournament, at local tourney at the end of the month Im gong to go all link if I can, but what I really dont want to do is fall back on fox cause thats just like outright betraying link! XD
Do it. Betrayl I mean. Feels good man.

It's like, "lol I can do things to high tiers nao! If I miss a grab I don't eat damage for it"

Next time I miss a grab vs peach I'ma awkward turtle that person though cause what are they gonna do? Dsmash? Lool I aint buffering a cc

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I consider link a main but I don't play him in tourneys... I play samus, though I feel like I should start playing link (or a good character like shiek) because I usually do better. People make jokes about my secondary (link) being better than my main, but now I feel like they weren't lying :|

On another note, hi Zodiac!

Zodiac

Smash Master
I consider link a main but I don't play him in tourneys... I play samus, though I feel like I should start playing link (or a good character like shiek) because I usually do better. People make jokes about my secondary (link) being better than my main, but now I feel like they weren't lying :|

On another note, hi Zodiac!

Its hard for me to decide which of my characters is the best, according to delphiki who trained for a little while, my marth was my best as of a year ago, but then I have fox and sheik and while I think I have better results using those three whenever I go back to link I just feel more comfortable in whatever matchup im playing.

and yo! Link dittos next tourney XD.

mainlink

Smash Cadet
I have loved the Zelda series since my NES. That is why I choose to play as Link. I have played Link since I started playing the game. I have never played in a tournament, but I am Link all the way. I can see why people say he stinks, being somewhat slow compared to others. I don't really agree. He is low tier, sure, but, in my opinion the most fun to play. I have been careful to develop (what I think) to be a good technique, but I have never played with serious smashers. Anyway, Link is my hero. I am best with him. I would just feel wrong playing anyone else. GO LINK!...GO LINK!...

SiN:Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I'm a hard core Link main. Love the character. I think that if u main a low teir when u start picking up high teir it's just kinda easier to mind game people. I mean after all that's what makes Link so much fun in my book. I'ma main him till the day I die!

- Link's the ****! That's to Legit!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ Picking Link in general is a mindgame. People are like "wtf?! are you serious" and then you give them the business and they're like D: "my controller is broken"

Top Bottom