• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long until a Zelda update!?-- YUCK sheik!, doesnt count as an update :P

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
There is also one more thing that I just realized. Looking at today's update, the Kirby Hats, you can see Zelda's copied Kirby hat.

Don't you think that if Zelda's B attack was really changed to light arrows, that she'd at least have the Twilight Princess look? I mean, with this, I see it leaning more towards the "Nayru's Love is still Standard B" side rather than it saying it has changed.

Wouldn't you agree?

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, I brought that up. If they were to change one aspect of the Kirby hat, they'd have changed them both, or else there's just too little motivation.

Also, the smaller characters from Melee seem far bigger in Brawl.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Looking at this week it seems Zelda is slowly being updated. It's only time until we get a full on update on her. This week alone we got a new dress color and some screens, Kirby's Zelda hat, and a little glimpse of what happens when you save her instead of Peach in SSE (sorta). So maybe will we get something on her very soon. As others said a Christmas update would be very nice.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Have anyone noticed how much faster Din's Fire is in the new Subspace Emissary movie? The animation of the move has also changed, a lot.

Yay, Zelda is getting buffed! :D (a tiny bit)

And, now we can also see a small part of the cutscene when you rescue Zelda instead of Peach. :D

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
im guessing next monday 24th we will see up b, side b and maybe standard b.
Either 26 wednesday or 27 thursday we will see final smash lol
Christmas probly be another charater/newcomer

All this from my gut

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Have anyone noticed how much faster Din's Fire is in the new Subspace Emissary movie? The animation of the move has also changed, a lot.

You know, I hadn't noticed that before. :O
Maybe that's my lack-of-noticing-things-right-in-front-of-my-face kicking in.
I hope that wasn't some kind of fast forward though. Meh. That's just pessimism.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman

And, now we can also see a small part of the cutscene when you rescue Zelda instead of Peach. :D
/agree on all points, even though this update didn't updte Zelda, I'mstill realy happy that they saved Zelda instead of Peach (What were they thinking last time?). Oh yah, now we know bowser has the same gun as Wario, is working for SSE or he and wario/ganon are freelancing (in the occupation of bieng d*cks)

The move is definately eons faster and has a large aoe

EDIT: almost forgot, that her new nontrophy status MIGHT give her an update soon. They revealed Zelda so early simply because she was one of the 1st ppl in SSE

Eagle

Smash Lord
im guessing next monday 24th we will see up b, side b and maybe standard b.
Either 26 wednesday or 27 thursday we will see final smash lol
Christmas probly be another charater/newcomer

All this from my gut
Sakurai hasn't and doesn't give updates for moves that we know of without a good reason.

We got links moves only because they changed a bit and it looked to fit the twilight princess.

Kirby got an update because Kirby's Inhale is pretty unique, and Sakurai favors Kirby :p

Anyways, definately do not expect a special move update that isn't about her down+b.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
He will reveal her new moves (If any) and her FS before January 24th, but probably the last character.

Drake3

Smash Ace

No. Especially not in all 0.2 seconds it was shown. All I see is that the midair animation has changed drastically, and the fireball itself is much different. I like this new animation. It's like she blew a kiss of fiery death.

Kirby got an update because Kirby's Inhale is pretty unique, and Sakurai favors Kirby :p
Yeah...he favours him so much it only took 6 months to show us 1 move.

You notice this how?
Seriously.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Zelda update in the following 2 weeks?

...maybe...

What do we have left?

Peach: Special Moves
Samus: Special Moves
Pikachu: Special Moves
Zelda: Special Moves
Bowser: Special Moves
Donkey Kong: Special Moves
Yoshi: Special Moves
Ice Climbers: Special Moves

As for Final Smashes:
Sonic
Snake
Zelda

So Sakurai has a lot to pull from for character updates. Especially in the Special moves department. Assuming we don't get any newcomers. I just hope he decides to go with Zelda because she's the only one left without ANYTHING.

Iris

Smash Ace
I would add ZSS under final smashes, and take Samus, Pikachu, Bowser, DK, and Yoshi off the special moves list. Why would he update something that hasn't changed or isn't of interest?

Ice Climbers probably won't get a special move update unless Sakurai feels like explaining dual techs. Peach may get one simply because of the new animation for her forward special and the fact that she's got a very interesting set of specials. Zelda's bound to get one simply because Transform's at very high interest, and if it's out then they have to show her new move.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I would really like a Peach special moves update....Who knows he might have added a new random item to pull out...And I dont mind a Zamus FS update....For some reason I think that he's hiding something about it.......But I would perfer a Zelda update more at this point.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what you think, but I really think they're proud of what they've done to Din's fire. I mean just look at it! Its looks so snazzy and everything. Where in Melee, it was just a fireball that (with timing) could hit people from far distances, but now, it looks like a powerful piece of magic. Not only that, but it also looks like its bigger, more powerfull and more easy to control! Hell, they even changed the animation! In which I love I might add.

Iris

Smash Ace
They changed the mid-air animation. I'm pretty certain the ground one is still the same, as we've seen it multiple times.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Mhm, they kept it the same. I was just mentioning how improved it looks. But, I guess I kinda got caught in the moment and started rambling xD;;

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
The ground animation is the same except for the fact that she keeps her eyes open and watches the attack as it goes along instead of closing her eyes... which I imagine makes more sense. =P

And her mid-air Din's Fire attack looks AWESOME! I sure hope Zelda's moves have been improved since last time... if they can find ways of balancing the game more while still giving Peach a few buffs, then I'm sure they are gonna make Zelda a lot better than she was last time... or give her a bunch of minor improvements to at least make her average tier... or easier to use or something. ^^;

Iris

Smash Ace
Nah. It'd really bring Zelda's air game down, as it would be extremely difficult to approach in only one direction. It wouldn't be a big deal though, if they replaced it with something equally effective.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
I had a problem with Zelda's speed in her and in her attacks. Roy hits me twice and I'm still trying to make an attack lol.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I really think that today's update really ruins any chances of a Zelda update any time soon, if at all.

Before we thought "ok only 4 Final Smashes and like 9 Special Move updates, he's running out of character material" but now he pulls out stuff like "Classic Wario". He could go on and on for the month and a half we have left with material like that, that makes Zelda's chances seem much lower.

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, we've had a lot of character updates recently. I can see Sakurai avoiding them after today's update for another week or two.

Iris

Smash Ace
Maybe they don't want to dissapoint the Sheik players until they've bought the game. :D

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that makes me laugh lol. Or maybe they are trying to dissapoint us Zelda mainers and they want to see our faces when we see SHEIK -.-

Top Bottom