• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long until a Zelda update!?-- YUCK sheik!, doesnt count as an update :P

Iris

Smash Ace
Lucas's Final Smash? Sakurai's teasing Zelda fans, I know it.

Fine, you win, she doesn't exist.

Rane

Smash Rookie
Sakurai had better give us a good Zelda update soon. She was confirmed 5 months ago, and hasn't gotten anything, but newcomers like Sonic and King Dedede have gotten updates the day after they were announced. This is totally unfair.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
I personally think they're taking all this time with Zelda's profile so they can try to even out the strengths and weaknesses of the Zelda/Sheik duo. Seriously, they were not an equal pair. A lot of people ended up ditching Zelda for her Ninja alter-ego, which went against the original concept (balancing out Sheik's high speed and low power with Zelda's low speed and high power). Maybe he's trying really hard to get it right this time, but just in case something doesn't work out he won't reveal anything so as to keep from making any kind of commitment.

Then again, the coffeeman may have weighted the dice...

Or Mr. Sakurai just wants to drive us nuts.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
He will probably do the rest of the characters Final Smash and moves first then he will get to Zelda last.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just wait and be patient. Whining is not a option.

I'll leave this open for now though.

Iris

Smash Ace
Well, who else exactly was left alone for 5 months on the Dojo? I don't think there's that much whining, but I personally don't have much patience left.

If she's not updated by December 15, hopefully CoroCoro comics will be able to say whether or not Sheik's included, so at least we'll know that much.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well Zelda will be completed soon, if you look at the veterains, most of them have had ONLY their final smash introduced. Zelda will have her skills known soon enough, good things come to those who wait

Iris

Smash Ace
Well, it's already clear that Sakurai's avoiding her. Not to be a pessimist, but there's plenty of other updates he can fit in first, especially since we only get about 1 character update every week or two. I can easily see every other character having a full page before Zelda gets anything.

If they update Zelda's page, they'll have to eventually do her moves. I mean, that pretty much controls why she's not being updated, so they'll have to offer some kind of explanation about them.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
Iris, I just realized something...

So far, they've only made an update for the Veteran characters if they changed something about them, like Mario's new Down B, or the new designs of Fox's B moves, the alterations of Link's B moves, things like that. I'd expect an update to be made about Bowser shortly.

It could be that they haven't changed Zelda's B moves enough to warrant a Dojo update. Of course, that still leaves the Final smash, but don't forget about Kirby, who had about a 4 month difference between his profile update and his Final Smash update.

Iris

Smash Ace
If Zelda's moves aren't worthy of an update, why would they avoid giving her a final smash update and make her unplayable in the demo? I see where you're going, but that moveset is what's controlling her from being updated, not her final smash or anything like that. Hell, even if it hasn't changed, transform would be interesting enough to earn an update. Trust me, if Fox's blaster's simple "aesthetic change" was worthy of an update, a new Down B or graphically enhanced transformation is too.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Exactly. Zelda being able to transform into a different character (to people who are new to SSB) will be worthy of an entire update slot.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Iris, I just realized something...

So far, they've only made an update for the Veteran characters if they changed something about them, like Mario's new Down B, or the new designs of Fox's B moves, the alterations of Link's B moves, things like that. I'd expect an update to be made about Bowser shortly.

It could be that they haven't changed Zelda's B moves enough to warrant a Dojo update. Of course, that still leaves the Final smash, but don't forget about Kirby, who had about a 4 month difference between his profile update and his Final Smash update.
Fox got an update, for his updated looks ( the gun ,etc) Sheik is supposedly returning with a new look in some way or form . Shouldn't they have updated Sheik by now if she were to be present with Zelda? =S
( I don't really consider Sakurai wanting to conceal Sheik. She was in Melee, was a starter, most people expect her to return. Not much shock)

Hmm..

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they're holding out on a Zelda update for Sheik, Sheik wouldn't be too shocking or hype gathering. I mean a good portion of people already expect Sheik to be in. If they wanted to go for shock and awe they would've released Zelda and Sheik and held out on ZSS. That would've gathered hype.

I think they changed her Down-B and that's why they're holding out. It could just be wishful thinking though.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I know everyone is saying that many people are expecting Sheik so it wouldn't be a surprise or anything but what if Sheik's moveset was the one that was changed.

I mean, I know that is hardly likely but that could also be a reason why they are holding out on them.

Iris

Smash Ace
They could easily release Zelda's moves without Sheik's moves included. In fact, it wouldn't make sense for them to be in the same update as they're different characters in the same sense as Samus and Zero Suit Samus are.

The only sensible reason they would be holding it out would be if Zelda could no longer transform into Sheik, at least not in the same way as Melee.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Since there are six Final Smashes lefting (Zelda, Wario, King DeDeDe and Snake) and without confirming in the Dojo official page (ZSS and Sonic), I think that they will be shown on 3 weeks (If they are in the same mood like this week with two final smashes). I think Zelda will be the last one :( though. They did something to Zelda.

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
Technically, Sakurai updated Zelda on 21/11/2007 Wed.
But all we got from that was two alt. color costumes!!:crying:
Zelda hasn't been in many pictures. And she wasn't in any movies or E4All videos either.
Sakurai's certainly making her elusive.
I bet on December.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, now we know that even if Sakurai doesnt do a Zelda update on the Dojo, we will know if she can transform into Shiek on December 15. This is 100% certain because if Coro Coro doesnt do all the characters then they will at least do all the starters, and who really believes Zelda wont be a starter?

I still believe a new Shiek design (in TP style glory) would be enough for Sakurai to hold back on revealing her... Who else thinks that if Shiek gets a profile update we will see a Zelda Special Moves update along with it (including Down B)? Just seems likely...

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
It doesn't matter if he tells us what her moveset is, because the character pages on the DOJO are usually missing one or two attacks. I could be wrong thouhg, if sheik is out and they move nayru's love to b-down.

Iris

Smash Ace
I don't know, hopefully CoroCoro comics will provide explanation, but just listing Zelda isn't going to be good enough for anyone. If they list a transformation with her, we'll know. If all they say is "Zelda," then it's inconclusive.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I'm hoping for a Zelda update this week. I have a good feeling, so who knows, maybe we'll get lucky.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I'm hoping for a Zelda update this week. I have a good feeling, so who knows, maybe we'll get lucky.
I've had good feelings for Zelda every week since the beginning of October. My optimism has died. But, hey, maybe your feeling is more accurate than mine is.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Well, I like alot of characters, so it could be a good feeling for them. But I'm fairly sure it's Zelda. For all I know though, it's just something minor. But, who knows. Aside from Sakurai.

ugg1020

Smash Cadet
I'm betting that sakurai will eventually show zelda's Up, side and neutral b, and leave out down-b. XD

Top Bottom