• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long until a Zelda update!?-- YUCK sheik!, doesnt count as an update :P

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
EDIT 5: Keep this thread open! Sheik does NOT count as a Zelda update, though it is her down B according to the profile shes an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER (lol just noticed while writing this, the ppl making brawl realized zelda and shiek are different ppl, since they themselves said different character). Funny how they revealed all of Sheik's bmoves at once yet still no word on Zelda's moves?

GODD#@%IT my hopes that her transformation would be something like Zelda in a cloak or ANYTHING more canon but no- its just sheik pretending to be part of TP zelda. Seriously I understand ur reluctance to change old movesets for this game, but next one, REALIZE SHEIK IS NOT AN IMPORTANT CHARACTER THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE TO TAG HER ALONG ZELDA.

EDIT4: I can't wait until this thread closes (due to the update not other reasons :p ). I think next week will be our week if Sakurai plans to release Zelda details before the freakin release date, since Olimar stole this week. In the old estimates this was the worse of all possible scenarios (other than her not getting an update at all till after release), but I'm pretty sure we'll get it before release, if not i'll be (and most people in the Zelda room) infuriated with Sakurai for ignoring a character for almost 7 months.

Though I'm afraid the next 3rd party character will steal the wind out of next weeks update. Then the only possible way for her to be in before the release is that monday, but by that time, those 2 days won't make a difference (if, that is theres no "leak" of the game, like there was 2 weeks before release of Galaxy, and if there's no reliable "pundit" that leaks the status of Zelda in Brawl. So far some of the pundits say sheik is a seperate character (the ones with the more hopeful rosters)! I expect sheik to be attatched but will be thrilled if shes not pulling back zelda.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT3: okay this makes 13/23 characters with DOUBLE updates, 3 of them vets (which are rarer since they only do those if something significant changed) and we STILL dont have ONE Zelda update. Im changing my predictions since the there was no "Dec3 era" where we were supposed to be given a whole bunch of info on why the game was delayed and updates to boot. Instead it was just a normal 2 weeks.

I'm beginning to question whether or not the updates were simply due to marketing or not, because we arn't seeing any info of the stuff they're developing currently. If they truly were working really hard on the game after the delay, the updates woudn't have slowed down.

I'm moving her estimated update time later, to around Januarish or Christmas time. They WILL update her since its not like Sheik is an unlockable character if Zelda is a starter (or mabye she is if Zelda is a seperate character...). That could be one explanation for the delay, to the fact Sheik is an unlockable so they don't show Zelda's specials because it will make people think Sheik was cut.

Spacing out the updates could be a reason as well, but I doubt it since all the other characters got updates too in this update void era. It could just be building anticipation as they are trying to leave us wondering whether or not some vetrans, like CFalcon, Jigglypuff, and Sheik are returning or not, and then make us feel so relieved when they do.

Through my cynicism, i still hope they update her next week, or heck tommorow :p
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT2: ROFL there ya go ice climbers' FS revealed, making Zelda the only character with NOTHING on her profile page other than the standard 4 pics (she was one of the older veterans revealed too, I think its been around 5 months since she was revealed)

sakurai either has something insane planned for us, is creating anticipation, hates zelda, or just simply is spacing out the updates....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cmon its getting ridiculous now- lets all make estimates. I was thinking anyday now until E4all came up, and correctly guessed that a lot of the updates would be about things already unvieled at E4ALL for a while (peach's FS, metaknight's specials, etc...)

Though I could be wrong as there have been FEW but major updates that happened durning and post-E4all, such as map creator, co-op, and such. If that random factor is in and Zelda gets lucky , we will get an update any day now (unlikeley)

More likely, as the character updates are getting further and further spaced, I woudn't expect to see Zelda FS, her DownB, shiek, or her replacement until say post-dec 3 (we will most likely get SOMETHING significant to smash on those days, since the game was delayed for something the team was working on and isn't ready to tell it- according to the official spokesman, it could just be marketing), or at very worst, januarish. She will be one of the last updated because theyre obviously hiding something , either shiek or zelda's new down b

My moneys on december, how about you guys?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I would like to say that Zelda's FS must be something considerably great/epic, as it seems to well hidden and could easily take the place of the flood of "boring" updates we're being drowned in

Buuut I'mma go with the more likely explanation of: Sakurai is simply spacing out the updates. For all we know, Zelda's FS could be the final update we receive.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
They are missing 5 Final Smashes (Wario, Zelda, Snake, Lucas, and King DeDeDe) (In order of confirmed). I have fixed it :D
We don't know if Sheik is in or out, Zelda's attacks, Zelda's Final Smash, NOTHING about her. I think that until December... Hopefully one day before my birthday (DECEMBER 1) so I could be very happy :D or even until January... They are hiding us something about Zelda but we want to know it !

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
I must say i am sick of waiting. Before I visited smashbros.com every day just to see it, but everything they could possibly stuff in before is has been there (or so it seems). Now I visit there once or twice a week at most, and I really don't know how much more I can take of watching the same old pictures in her profile :(

I mean, even characters that was confirmer after her has so much more in their profiles. Or at LEAST special moves. :(

Drake3

Smash Ace
He knows I'll stop checking the Dojo after he updates her. He's mocking me. *twitch twitch*

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
I'm guessing a Zelda update will be February 9th.

Seriously, it's been almost five months now. ICs are the only other veteran characters who haven't had a character update besides her, and that's only because they're the most recent. It's about time they let the world know if Zelda will stuck with Shiek again.

Iris

Smash Ace
What confuses me is why her FS is being withheld. I mean, they can give it to us without explaining Sheik's inclusion and whether or not Sheik has a different one if she's in. The only reason to keep it secret would be if Sheik's an after effect of it, because then they'd have to explain her.

I'm going to die of laughter if Sakurai gives her a special update that only confirms the Goddess spells.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
They are missing 6 Final Smashes (Wario, Zelda, Snake, Lucas, Sonic, Ice Climbers and King DeDeDe) (In order of confirmed). ZSS is recovering her armor confirmed in the demo video.
We don't know if Sheik is in or out, Zelda's attacks, Zelda's Final Smash, NOTHING about her. I think that until December... Hopefully one day before my birthday (DECEMBER 1) so I could be very happy :D or even until January... They are hiding us something about Zelda but we want to know it !
Sonic's Final Smash is Confirmed. Waz r u talkin about!?!
It was released days after his release!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ive been wondering about Zelda too, because she was the very first character revealed that we didnt know about from the second trailer, and we still havent gotten anything else besides her profile...

I seriously think Shiek is in just because of all the secrecy.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to die of laughter if Sakurai gives her a special update that only confirms the Goddess spells.
ROFL, but seriously other than IC because they were recently released, Zelda is the only character with NOTHING on her profile other than her intro.

Drake3

Smash Ace
You know that's what he's going to do. But I wouldn't mind as long as he explains what he did to change them or shows a nice video of all of them. Especially Nayru's Love.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
In a recent interview with Eiji Aonuma, he said that character models for Sheik, along with Ganondorf, have been "submitted" for possible use in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

im sure you've all already read that.......but.....well its from wiki......i was doin' some um'......mario stuff and saw peach so .....she reminded me of zelda so i went on a reading spree and just found that....

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I hope sheik is her own character this time around though i highly doubt it :(

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
The Video Game Developer's Guide to Driving People Nuts

#32: Reveal a new character.

#33: Reveal a new character, then pretend they don't existfor 3-5 months.

#34: Confirm a character everyone knows will be in the game anyways. Then proceed to mention how all the other characters are being modified for the new game EXCEPT that one character. Continue for as long as possible, then announce at the last second that the character was so good already you didn't have to change anything, so you left this update for last because it was so uninteresting. Grab some popcorn and watch the ensuing chaos.

#35: Mention a new character and their vital, plot-centric role. Release some tantalizing photos of said character being incredibly cool, then remove him/her at the last minute due to 'technical difficulties' (i.e., you missed your morning coffee).

Iris

Smash Ace
Well, now it's official. Zelda is the only character without an update.

Curse you, Sakurai!

Chepe

Smash Lord
lol I immediately thought about Zelda when I saw this update. Seriously, why would he be so secretive with her?

I expect her Final Smash soon though, Sakurai's been going through them fast. He cant ignore Zelda forever, and a Final Smash wouldnt involve Shiek... or would it?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
lol I immediately thought about Zelda when I saw this update. Seriously, why would he be so secretive with her?

I expect her Final Smash soon though, Sakurai's been going through them fast. He cant ignore Zelda forever, and a Final Smash wouldnt involve Shiek... or would it?

most people believe Sakurai is hiding something about Zelda, but I doubt it's Sheik. Why would he try to hide a character we would already expect? It wouldn't be very shocking to see Sheik appear.

I think he has something else going on

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
most people believe Sakurai is hiding something about Zelda, but I doubt it's Sheik. Why would he try to hide a character we would already expect? It wouldn't be very shocking to see Sheik appear.

I think he has something else going on
I don't think it'd be too shocking to see Sheik appear but if the interview with Eiji or whatever is right, then Sheik has a new design. That would be a bit shocking to see since I suppose she'd look very different. I don't think that it's Zelda's B, Side B, and Up B moves that he's hiding unless Nayru's love has changed or something. I don't think it's the FS either because we'll find out about that sooner or later. It's just that Down B that's holding Zelda back, in my opinion.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I don't think it'd be too shocking to see Sheik appear but if the interview with Eiji or whatever is right, then Sheik has a new design. That would be a bit shocking to see since I suppose she'd look very different. I don't think that it's Zelda's B, Side B, and Up B moves that he's hiding unless Nayru's love has changed or something. I don't think it's the FS either because we'll find out about that sooner or later. It's just that Down B that's holding Zelda back, in my opinion.
Yea I was thinking about Nayru's love too. I said before on a dif thread that if Sheik isn't in brawl, that Nayru's love would change to down-b, that way the regular b move changes (which makes more sense if it becomes the light arrows)

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
The Video Game Developer's Guide to Driving People Nuts

#32: Reveal a new character.

#33: Reveal a new character, then pretend they don't existfor 3-5 months.

#34: Confirm a character everyone knows will be in the game anyways. Then proceed to mention how all the other characters are being modified for the new game EXCEPT that one character. Continue for as long as possible, then announce at the last second that the character was so good already you didn't have to change anything, so you left this update for last because it was so uninteresting. Grab some popcorn and watch the ensuing chaos.

#35: Mention a new character and their vital, plot-centric role. Release some tantalizing photos of said character being incredibly cool, then remove him/her at the last minute due to 'technical difficulties' (i.e., you missed your morning coffee).
Did you just make these up or did you find them somewhere (and if the latter, where)?

Anyway since Sheik is easily a very controversial Smash-related topic (although not as controversial as an AC character or the infamous Icon 21), I'm going to predict that it'll come REALLY late, like the day before the Japanese Release (a.k.a. Judgement Day).

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I doubt it.
If she returns I doubt she'll be changed very much. Hair maybe changed to Brunette. The differences between Zelda's OOT outfit, and TP outfit aren't too drastic. TP just looks more realistic

So Sheik will only look more realistic. Hardly something to hold out 5+ months on.

fishman3114

Smash Cadet
They are missing 6 Final Smashes (Wario, Zelda, Snake, Lucas, Sonic, Ice Climbers and King DeDeDe) (In order of confirmed). ZSS is recovering her armor confirmed in the demo video.
sonic and wario are obvious. Sonic=super sonic
Wario= SUPER FART:chuckle:

I'm guessing a Zelda update will be February 9th.

Seriously, it's been almost five months now. ICs are the only other veteran characters who haven't had a character update besides her, and that's only because they're the most recent. It's about time they let the world know if Zelda will stuck with Shiek again.
IC's even have one now

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
ROFL there ya go ice climbers' FS revealed, making Zelda the only character with NOTHING on her profile page other than the standard 4 pics (she was one of the older veterans revealed too, I think its been around 5 months since she was revealed)

sakurai either has something insane planned for us, is creating anticipation, hates zelda, or just simply is spacing out the updates....

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zelda's update will be only be 2 specials like some other updates... Din's Fire and Farore's Wind. Then nothing for 2 months. I just know it...

masterhuman

Smash Rookie

Uhm sonic's FS was confirmed at E4all, his FS is super sonic.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, but have they done an update on it yet? Nope, so we can expect his Final Smash to be a filler update...

But myself, I still think that Shiek must be whats keeping Zelda under wraps, and that her new design is something huge and is what is keeping it a secret. In that E for All video of the Subspace Emmissary Zelda is played by a CPU and her moves dont look that different. Well, A moves anyway. We see her upsmash, fair/bair, ftilt, nair, and uair among things...

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
I guess the recolor thing was kindof an update, since, to some people, their first reaction was wondering whether or not you could have her old style as an alt ( not me, i was more worried about the moves ). But i definately am happy with it because I like the old style a lot more than the default

SLlacrosse11

Smash Rookie
its stupid how the ICE CLIMBERS were even updated before Zelda! But maybe the wait means that they have some thing good in store -SHIEK!- *cough cough*

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Welcome to the forums SLlacrosse :]

I'm expecting an update around december as well (hopefully). The sooner the better. Zelda is too hot to be left for last (unless if its the best for last lol). Either way, she isn't the last vet that doesn't have a confirmed moveset. Kirby doesn't either (although they show a new attack of his in one of the adventure mode gameplays).

Noshiee

Smash Ace
^^^Kirby has his FS update
Looking at character updates, we can see that the only characters before november without updates were Metaknight, ICs, Lucas and Zelda, but by november, all but Zelda have been updated in a period of only 3 weeks, after months of waiting (1 month and 8 days for lucas, 2 months and like 28 days for MKs, getting another update 2 weeks later; and last but not least the ICs with 2 months and 4 days of endless waiting).
Zelda still havent got an update in 4 months, with less than a week to turn those 4 months in 5. I dont know, it just feels like she is the next one, she is the one that has waited more than any other character.
I know it doesnt have anything to do with this, but if you look at the last page of character updates in the dojo, and ignore character confirmation and charater videos update, you can see the pattern "Final Smash, Special Moves, Final Smash, Special Moves, etc...", the last being a FS, probably the next one will be Special Moves, probably Zelda's new Down B or Sheik pre-confirmation? (like Zamus, who was pre-confirmed in Samus FS, and the next day confirmed). I dont know, I just noticed that.
Come one Sakurai, just give a Zelda update ALREADY!!! lol

Top Bottom