• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long until a Zelda update!?-- YUCK sheik!, doesnt count as an update :P

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
They are missing 5 Final Smashes (Wario, Zelda, Snake, Lucas, and King DeDeDe) (In order of confirmed). I have fixed it :D
We don't know if Sheik is in or out, Zelda's attacks, Zelda's Final Smash, NOTHING about her. I think that until December... Hopefully one day before my birthday (DECEMBER 1) so I could be very happy :D or even until January... They are hiding us something about Zelda but we want to know it !
i hope we get them all before release day im itchin to kno what zelda and warios fs's are...well everyone elses too but they are the ones im most curious about

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
In all reason, Sheik will probably be shown before Captain Falcon, because Falcon was a secret character in SSB64, but Sheik has been playable from the beginning in the only game he was in, Melee. So I'm predicting that we'll see a Zelda update on Dec. 3.

Seriously people, Sheik is a GIRL. If I dress up like a girl, does my gender change? No. I'm still a guy, always will be. There is NO bulge in Sheik's pants. End of story.

On topic... I am guessing it will be sometime in January when we find out all of Zelda's special moves.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Seriously people, Sheik is a GIRL. If I dress up like a girl, does my gender change? No. I'm still a guy, always will be. There is NO bulge in Sheik's pants. End of story.
Do you have magical powers like Zelda? No? Ok, then be quiet.

Anyway... It'd be nice for a Zelda update sometime this week or in December...

Drake3

Smash Ace
Well this topic got confusing all of a sudden. Chances are we'll know Sheik's status by Dec 15. And I really hope that he wouldn't waste the Dec 3 update on Zelda or else I'd have to slap him in the face.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Well this topic got confusing all of a sudden. Chances are we'll know Sheik's status by Dec 15. And I really hope that he wouldn't waste the Dec 3 update on Zelda or else I'd have to slap him in the face.
ya ppl ARE talking about random stuff now...

Anyway, whats wrong with him giving out a Zelda/shiek update on Dec3 confirming Shiek as either a transformation, or a seperate character, and giving zelda a new down b ?(crossing my fingers for that one) That double update would be epic enough :p

off topic (in my own thread, yes): I think sheik will be back no doubt because of her popularity overall AND the fact shes a freaking veteran (which holds the most weight). I just hope that shes not attatched to Zelda because Zelda might be nerfed again due to the fact she has Shiek (even though Shiek hasn't been tied to Zelda for a decade now).

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Wonderful. It's only a matter of time before he cranks out DeDeDe and Snake's Final Smashes and by then Zelda will be the only one left hanging.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Yeah! 3 more final smashes to be revealed. Zelda will be the last one unfortunately :( Sakurai is bothering us with his updates. Why Zelda has to be the last one? We will have to wait a little more because there are 2 final smashes to be revealed and then other 2 that we know what they are but they haven't be shown in the official dojo.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Because Dec 3. has to be an epic update. Something along the lines of another 3rd party character. Well it doesn't have to be epic, but I'm sure Sakurai realises that it would make people less unhappy to not have Brawl that day.

And we have 4 Final Smashes left before he finally gets to Zelda.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
I hope that in that day we will see Zelda's Final smash, Her Movesets or if Sheik is in or not. Or two final smashes in that day so we will not have to wait so long until a Zelda's update.

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I think we all can assume and hope that is is something amazing (perhaps the best FS? Oh yeah)
or Sakurai is building us up on false hope.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
With Wario's confirmed, there is hope that we may get it soon! :) Shiek seems like news set for January or December, as to whether she/he/transvestite/it/alien/potato/tomato/banana/etc.'s back or not. :laugh: Also, we're missing two already known Final Smashes in Sonic and ZSS, as well as the only confirmed vet's FS we don't know being Zelda, and King Dedede being the only newcomer who's Final Smash we've yet to see, although he is the newest announced character (and it isn't even that new! XD). :laugh:

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
With Wario's confirmed, there is hope that we may get it soon! :) Shiek seems like news set for January or December, as to whether she/he/transvestite/it/alien/potato/tomato/banana/etc.'s back or not. :laugh: Also, we're missing two already known Final Smashes in Sonic and ZSS, as well as the only confirmed vet's FS we don't know being Zelda, and King Dedede being the only newcomer who's Final Smash we've yet to see, although he is the newest announced character (and it isn't even that new! XD). :laugh:
we know Sonic and ZSS' Final Smashes.

Sonic's is Super Sonic and Zamus' is turning back into samus alongside some really weak attack.

Edit: whoops. missread. nevermind. sorry ^.^

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Heheh... Now seeing as Wario's FS is possibly just a transformation that lasts until Wario-man grabs a Smash Ball and reverts back to Wario.... Do you think that could possibly be Zelda and Shiek's case too??? An FS Transformation??? So maybe :p They coudl both have their beloved Down Specials :p¨Just a thought though...

Iris

Smash Ace
With all these transformation FSes, I think it's pretty unlikely they'd do that with Zelda unless they're running low on creativity juice.

It sure would be unfortunate if Zelda came back with little change and little going for her. I mean, Sakurai's avoiding commenting about her, so either he's building too much suspense for something lame or has something impressive going on with her. If it's the former, I'll be severely dissapointed. If I see a Zelda with a crappy FS which does crappy damage and has crappy effects, I'll be very angry. She definitely deserves something impressive after being kept secret for over 5 months.

Thursday update: Zelda cancelled for Brawl?

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
With all these transformation FSes, I think it's pretty unlikely they'd do that with Zelda unless they're running low on creativity juice.

It sure would be unfortunate if Zelda came back with little change and little going for her. I mean, Sakurai's avoiding commenting about her, so either he's building too much suspense for something lame or has something impressive going on with her. If it's the former, I'll be severely dissapointed. If I see a Zelda with a crappy FS which does crappy damage and has crappy effects, I'll be very angry. She definitely deserves something impressive after being kept secret for over 5 months.

Thursday update: Zelda cancelled for Brawl?
Hmm but seeing as how PKMN Trainer's FS is using all three PKMN to attack so it would be always the same... How do you think Zelda would work?? Having a different FS for each form?? Cause I certainly don't see Zelda AND Shiek, being the same person, combining their moves.... Just a thought though...

Iris

Smash Ace
If Sheik was included, she'd either have a separate FS or the same one, I just know she wouldn't be on screen at the same time as Zelda and she wouldn't change clothes just to execute an FS.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
to zelda/sheik i must say you have a really cool sig did you do that yourself it pretty nice. anyways maybe sakurai is just running out of updates that don't involve characters
so maybe once he done with that maybe well will get more character updates.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
If Sheik was included, she'd either have a separate FS or the same one, I just know she wouldn't be on screen at the same time as Zelda and she wouldn't change clothes just to execute an FS.
lol NO WAI.. :]

anyways I think it'll be the same. Possible sheik could be Zelda's FS, and then they change back or something, idk.

Iris

Smash Ace
I mean if she has the same one, she won't change into her Zelda costume or vice versa to do it if they're down B transformations.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
lol yea I know, I was just kidding about it.

Anyways, if Sheik makes it in, then they will probably have something that involves the harp, which would include both (I think, I havent played OoT)

If Sheik doesn;t make it in, then I'm guessing puppet Zelda,

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I personally think CoroCoro will spill all of the information about Zelda.
I just can't wait to see what everyone says if Shik isn't a transformation of Zelda. Goodness, they've gotten so obnoxious about the whole thing. "NO I DON'T WANT SHEIK AS A SEPARATE CHARACTER! I WANT HER AS A TRANSFORMATION OF ZELDA!"
Goodness, why does it have to be Zelda? ):

Drake3

Smash Ace
I'm worried that CoroCoro won't say anything about Zelda/Sheik. And I'm relying on it to because I've given up on the Dojo for that sort of information.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
I hope zelda's final smash is good and her
moves are buffed. cause im a zelda fan.
hopefully she won't be a stepping stone just to play
with sheik because i love playing with zelda.

Rosadiddly

Smash Cadet
i think the one thing that would be the worst was if CoroCoro didn't reveal anything regarding the zelda/sheik duo. And I think it's fair to say that we can forget about the DOJO ever updating on zelda, and if CoroCoro just revealed the starting roster then we might not be getting any info at all until release :(. But hey! We're officially halfway to the release since it's been delayed :D

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
last night, i was playing as shiek, and for no particular reason i decided to try out zelda for a bit, and i found that shes actually pretty fun to use, so i'm super ready for a good zelda update.

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, everyone seems to think the CoroCoro column will be this intricate list and description of each character. They're going to be dissapointed if it's just a simple roster listing names. Having them say "yeah, Zelda is a starter" isn't going to provide a definite answer on Sheik.

I hope people don't get their hopes up too much about it.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
okay this makes 13/23 characters with DOUBLE updates, 3 of them vets (which are rarer since they only do those if something significant changed) and we STILL dont have ONE Zelda update. Im changing my predictions since the there was no "Dec3 era" where we were supposed to be given a whole bunch of info on why the game was delayed and updates to boot. Instead it was just a normal 2 weeks.

I'm beginning to question whether or not the updates were simply due to marketing or not, because we arn't seeing any info of the stuff they're developing currently. If they truly were working really hard on the game after the delay, the updates woudn't have slowed down.

I'm moving her estimated update time later, to around Januarish or Christmas time. They WILL update her since its not like Sheik is an unlockable character if Zelda is a starter (or mabye she is if Zelda is a seperate character...). That could be one explanation for the delay, to the fact Sheik is an unlockable so they don't show Zelda's specials because it will make people think Sheik was cut.

Spacing out the updates could be a reason as well, but I doubt it since all the other characters got updates too in this update void era. It could just be building anticipation as they are trying to leave us wondering whether or not some vetrans, like CFalcon, Jigglypuff, and Sheik are returning or not, and then make us feel so relieved when they do.

Through my cynicism, i still hope they update her next week, or heck tommorow :p

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
let's face it, they like to mess with Zelda fans. I guess they figured they had to have one "mystery character" and Zelda got the winning ticket. It may take awhile to get her update, but when it does, it will be amazing.

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
my best bet when they would give zelda updates is after 25th december christmas day which would be very nice christmas present
=D

Top Bottom