• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long until a Zelda update!?-- YUCK sheik!, doesnt count as an update :P

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
WTF,? of course Sheik was going to be part of Zelda

What other stuff about Zelda is there besides her final smash, which is already known?

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
WTF,? of course Sheik was going to be part of Zelda

What other stuff about Zelda is there besides her final smash, which is already known?
It doesn't matter if Sakurai mentioned the names of her Special moves. Zelda deserves an update featuring this, and her Final smash to make up for the waiting the Zelda fans had to go through.

I mean, do we even have to discuss about it?
Zelda needs an update, just like every other character got (without Sheik involved!)

Zone

Smash Champion
Maybe if he's trying to make the switch between the two work... It'll be broken like something. Shiek F-tilt, F-tilt, Up+Tilt, Upsmash, (Change to Zelda fast during stun), Kick.

Assuming you can change fast >.>

Arean

Smash Ace
I wonder why he has a "grudge" against zelda... have you ever noticed that whenever she is shown in a commercial . she gets blasted off the stage (killed by yoshi then screaming) getting hit within the cage(petey piranha) getting smacked in the face (by diddy kong) and getting blasted off the screen again (zero laser of samus) .... THERE BETTER BE A COMMERCIAL WHEREIN ZELDA WOULD PWN

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
I wonder why he has a "grudge" against zelda... have you ever noticed that whenever she is shown in a commercial . she gets blasted off the stage (killed by yoshi then screaming) getting hit within the cage(petey piranha) getting smacked in the face (by diddy kong) and getting blasted off the screen again (zero laser of samus) .... THERE BETTER BE A COMMERCIAL WHEREIN ZELDA WOULD PWN
I have noticed it too.
In one of the videos when they are fighting Multi-Man Brawl. Zelda's character icon appears, but then all of a sudden, it just disappears. Did Zelda get killed and then replaced by one of the oponnents? How surprising!

Please, show us some Zelda Sakurai:urg:

Drake3

Smash Ace
Yup, definitely noticed that. Oh look! There's Zelda!...Throwing herself into the Zero Laser. Oh she probably heard that Sheik's coming back.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Yup, definitely noticed that. Oh look! There's Zelda!...Throwing herself into the Zero Laser. Oh she probably heard that Sheik's coming back.
Haha :p

Also, Zelda's downtilt is shown in one clip. She does it just before landing on the platform. It looks exactly the same...:ohwell: Now, hopefully it's knockback has increased alot!

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I don't understand why we had to wait such a long time just to find out her moves haven't changed. @_@ I mean maybe some were buffed/nerfed but the general idea of the moves haven't changed...

... oh yeah! And a final smash... ^^;

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why we had to wait such a long time just to find out her moves haven't changed. @_@ I mean maybe some were buffed/nerfed but the general idea of the moves haven't changed...

... oh yeah! And a final smash... ^^;
Because Sheik has a TP design! Golly Gee after 7 months of waiting I'm sure happy to know that Ninja Zelda has a groovy new outfit.

Arean

Smash Ace
mmmmm stickers... this way im surely poweing zelda up in SSE. Especially reducing her being knocked far and increasing her leg power >:3

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think we can all see why Zelda never got an update now.

- her special moves haven't been significantly changed (ala Link & Mario), and thus don't warrant an update.
- Sakurai had clearly been planning to save Sheik until shortly before release. For all that Sheik may not have changed much as far as we can see, she certainly adds a certain "kick butt"ness to help push the hype even further (though she consequently missed out on most of the major advertising spots)
- Zelda and Sheik share the same Final Smash, so he would not show Zelda's without showing Sheik's (unless he's going to get all desperate for updates again). As he was waiting until late to release Sheik... you get the picture.

I seriously doubt that this has any implications on Sakurai's feelings for the character, nor towards his desires in buffing/nerfing/unchanging her. I think it's just the way the cookie crumbled. Gah... I can't believe I just used that expression.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Oh I can TOTALLY see why I waited SEVEN WHOLE FREAKING MONTHS!
I mean, its not like that idea wasn't suggested FIFTEEN MILLION TIMES!

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Well, I think it was about time that added Sheik back in.
I never really doubted her...
I think blink was right by saying that they held onto her Final Smash because both share it.
Makes sense. I'm thinking they'll update her Final Smash sometime this week. :]

Hopefully. Then all Sheik haters can finally say that there has been a Zelda update.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Well, I think it was about time that added Sheik back in.
I never really doubted her...
I think blink was right by saying that they held onto her Final Smash because both share it.
Makes sense. I'm thinking they'll update her Final Smash sometime this week. :]

Hopefully. Then all Sheik haters can finally say that there has been a Zelda update.

Didn't you used to be against Sheik?
I honestly don't know why Zelda players are called " Sheik haters". We don't hate Sheik, we just dis-like the fact that Zelda is not given her full right as a character. Sheik was also Zelda's players biggest prediction to thrive off of, and create conversation over. Most Zelda players don't hate Sheik herself, just the transformation gimmick.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how the Final Smash works. I'm hoping there's more than 1 arrow. 1 arrow seems far too easy to just jump over. Maybe one going over-head, one straight on, and one below.
Also can't wait to see how Sheik'll look with the bow. Pretty cool.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Didn't you used to be against Sheik?
I've never been against Sheik.

I honestly don't know why Zelda players are called " Sheik haters". We don't hate Sheik, we just dis-like the fact that Zelda is not given her full right as a character. Sheik was also Zelda's players biggest prediction to thrive off of, and create conversation over. Most Zelda players don't hate Sheik herself, just the transformation gimmick.
I'm not calling Zelda players "Sheik haters" I'm calling Sheik haters "Sheik haters". I would be totally hypocritical for me to call Zelda players Sheik haters because I am a Zelda user myself. I actually use Zelda more than Sheik. That wasn't really aimed for anyone on the Zelda boards, because I know most of us just don't like the transformation. It was aimed for those who just totally hate Sheik.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how the Final Smash works. I'm hoping there's more than 1 arrow. 1 arrow seems far too easy to just jump over. Maybe one going over-head, one straight on, and one below.
Also can't wait to see how Sheik'll look with the bow. Pretty cool.
I can't wait either. I'm hoping that, if she does only shoot one, that it's lightning fast and will almost, if aimed right, definitely hit. However, a barrage would be much better. You're three-arrow idea would be very nice. Sheik with the bow will be pretty cool indeed. However, I can see them making Sheik transform to use the arrow. Although that's not too likely.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
HipsterKid said:
I can't wait either. I'm hoping that, if she does only shoot one, that it's lightning fast and will almost, if aimed right, definitely hit. However, a barrage would be much better. You're three-arrow idea would be very nice. Sheik with the bow will be pretty cool indeed. However, I can see them making Sheik transform to use the arrow. Although that's not too likely.
I hope she doesn't transform.
Sheik using light arrows would convey a connection between Zelda, and Sheik. Which would be very good at this point. I liked the braid on Sheik because of the connection between Zelda, and Sheik, Sheik using light arrows would be awesome.

Although, I can see Sakurai's logic if he does make Sheik transform.
Zelda= magic user, often associated with light.
Sheik= super fast, uber ninja using no magic, except for the transformation itself.
Light arrows= light Magic

I'm just hoping he doesn't make Sheik transform back xP

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
io nsee the final smash for sheik the same, but fraphically different...

zelda shoots 1-4 arrows that pierce cheilds, good and always hits

Sheik on the otherhand (because she will most likely be nerfed ( thank god) shoots 4-8 arrows that don't peirce sheilds but do more damage. Sheiks would also be different because she does a handstand and pulls the arrows with her toes XD that'd be awesome!

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
she does a handstand and pulls the arrows with her toes XD that'd be awesome!
LOLL!
That would be epic.

Sheik: Look daddy! I don't need no handz!

Sakurai: Way to go Sheik! * pats Sheik's head* Zelda, why can't you be more like Sheik?

Zelda: ¬.¬....

And so, Zelda's horrible " Brawl- childhood" of being left in the corner, and neglected by Sakurai, having only minor outfit updates to snack on begun...

Top Bottom