• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long until a Zelda update!?-- YUCK sheik!, doesnt count as an update :P

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
All this witing for nothing. (Yet)
Zelda must have something really special to her now. It can't be a coinsidence that he hasnt updated her.. Noo, it has to be something really cool. :cool:

Drake3

Smash Ace
I figure he'll go out with a bang and reveal most of the new stuff between now and Japan's release. Of course, this could just be wishful thinking.

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
I'm banking on late January to February.

And maybe her name starts with a Z so she's updated last? (or not at all even, so he won't give spoilers.) Maybe she also a personal favorite of Sakurai or Miyamoto? Who knows? The only Final Smashes we don't know about from the 24 characters we seen so far would ZSS, Pikmin & Olimar, and, of course, Zelda.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
Who all called outside info before Dojo for a Zelda update? ;)
not me,
i figured since the card were going to reveal her moveset,
dojo would at least mentioned it before thier release
(dojo usaully does try to reveal things first)
oh well, we should see it on there before the release
at least for better images

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I suspect Zelda update soon with her Final Smash and "Transformation" leaked

Drake3

Smash Ace
Seriously. Show us the goodies, Scrooge! We know what they are. Now just show us how they work.

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
LOL! Almost correct! But I have a friend that works for Nintendo and he leaked this conversation:

Zelda: So next is my update right? When are you telling them that Sheik is out?
Sakurai: But Zelda you have to understand! Snake and Zamus final smashes' come first ... I'm now going on alphabetical order...
Zelda: But...
Sakurai: And now there Olimar...then it's Ridley...Oh And I have to make sure they know how to recover again! By the way, do they know Metaknight's special moves? Hmm better be safe than sorry...
Zelda: And what about my fans?!
Sakurai: *Evil laugh* Do you think you have any?! Seriously! Get real Zelda! The only thing people liked you was because you could turn into a ninja! Now that that is gone... pfff... I don't even know why I put you in...

*Zelda does her final smash*

Sakurai: Ok ok you're next! Geez I don't even know why I gave you the strongest final smash in the game...even after I buffed your moves so much...
Don't worry darling, you're next friday ok?

*Alarm goes off*

Sakurai: Oh noes! Some random noob who just visited the site is having doubts about Metaknight's special moves... sorry Zelda... next time I promise!

Zelda: I maybe pacient and all, after all I've been so much time locked in that tower waiting for a wolf, that I even learned my grandmother's spells that she taught the faries, so they could reach the ancient hero (though I never figured that shikukah training or whatever..sigh.. she was a crazy old woman indeed ) *randm thought* I must try her hair color...I hope nobody confuses me with her though... ups... off topic

But as I was saying I maybe pacient, but I want my update NOW! Unless you want me to summon the godesses and then you'll have to deal with them yourself...oh they won't like the way you've been treating me though! MUHAHAHAHA

Sakurai: Sure Zelda...I can be good!.... (Just for that... Oh, you'll pay... hihihihihi)

Oh... I knew it!! How evil Sakurai! We have to see it through a blurry pic...

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else get the feeling that if Zelda wasn't involved in the first act of SSE, we would never have seen anything on her at all?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Anyone else get the feeling that if Zelda wasn't involved in the first act of SSE, we would never have seen anything on her at all?
lol!
Plus, she's been "killed off" rather quick in the SSE ;D

Lollll. I kid.

She'll probably show up in some fashion later on.

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
WTF is this? :/
Picmin fello got updated on special moves and he was revealed this week even? :confused: :urg:

Spellweaver

Smash Cadet
The Day Before Brawl is released in Japan: Oh, What do you mean I haven't done a Zelda update in seven months. Who screwed up those translations on the "Options" update! It should have said "Zelda's Moves and Final Smash!" Oh well, it's not like anyone likes her anyways.

I cry a little every day :(

Iris

Smash Ace
Maybe if Sakurai puts a "Sorry, I thought I updated her the day after we revealed her" note at the bottom of her FS update, then I could believe that Sheik might come back unchanged.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Maybe if Sakurai puts a "Sorry, I thought I updated her the day after we revealed her" note at the bottom of her FS update, then I could believe that Sheik might come back unchanged.
You know, honestly, it makes me wonder :dizzy:

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
Iris, I think you just found the reason of why this is happening to us :estatic:

Come again...?
Not wanting to spoil it for you, I mean, it's not like it's your fault if you don't get things on sight, but this week we're supossed to get our Zelda update ;) 5 days (Monday , Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) , -1 (Monday -> today's update) = 4 days. Nice !

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I don't really understand why he's STILL not updating Zelda. I mean we know her FS and all, I'm sure he knows that. Just give us the finer points, it's not like it's anything special.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Now that the game has been officially delayed I don't expect to see a Zelda update for awhile. :urg: Hopefully i'm wrong, cause I really want to see more pictures of her FS in use.

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
Look a Zelda update!!!

Yeah not great, really, but her moves were updated in her page...
Not even a first page update!
Sakurai hates Zelda! I know we knew them already but still...

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
EDIT 5: Keep this thread open! Sheik does NOT count as a Zelda update, though it is her down B according to the profile shes an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER (lol just noticed while writing this, the ppl making brawl realized zelda and shiek are different ppl, since they themselves said different character). Funny how they revealed all of Sheik's bmoves at once yet still no word on Zelda's moves?

GODD#@%IT my hopes that her transformation would be something like Zelda in a cloak or ANYTHING more canon but no- its just sheik pretending to be part of TP zelda. Seriously I understand ur reluctance to change old movesets for this game, but next one, REALIZE SHEIK IS NOT AN IMPORTANT CHARACTER THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE TO TAG HER ALONG ZELDA.

evilwart

Smash Rookie
Everyones moves are now at the bottom of their profile. Presumably Olimar, Zamus and Zelda/Sheik will still get a final smash update.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
It's so annoying!
Apperently, Sakurai thinks that just mentioning the names of Zelda's moves will make all the Zelda fans happy. (?!)
Come on! We have waited for a half a year for a Zelda update and all we get is this?

dtp882

Smash Rookie
Funny how they revealed all of Sheik's bmoves at once yet still no word on Zelda's moves?
Might make you happy to know that Zelda's Moves are in her profile, I think they added them to all characters. Her moves are Same as SSBM

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
GODD#@%IT my hopes that her transformation would be something like Zelda in a cloak or ANYTHING more canon but no- its just sheik pretending to be part of TP zelda. Seriously I understand ur reluctance to change old movesets for this game, but next one, REALIZE SHEIK IS NOT AN IMPORTANT CHARACTER THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE TO TAG HER ALONG ZELDA.
Sheik is not a character, she's a reference to a specific Zelda... Namely OoT Zelda.

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
^LOL

No Iris, it's tommorow update! "Zelda/Sheik FS", but only with Sheik pics, with Sakurai saying that Sheik looks so cool when doing it that Brawl was delayed to take out Zelda since she's not needed :O

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
Regarding Iris's theory, it will be something like

"Okay, since I already updated you with Zelda moves, today we'll see a closer look at Sheik's special moves and Final Smash, but with Sheik pictures! Cause I already updated her didn't I?"

evilwart

Smash Rookie
Why will they still get an update? Their smashes are already there.
To explain what the final smash actually does. Although we know the names of the final smashes and a basic knowledge of what they do, we do not know the exact details. For Olimar, we know it's called End of Day, but know nothing of what it does. For Zelda/Sheik we don't know what actually happens. Because of how easy it is to go between Zelda and Sheik, does Sheik quickly transform back into Zelda to preform Light Arrows? Or does she preform Light Arrows as Sheik?

Top Bottom