• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How guys treat girls in a fighting game community.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
As a gay gamer this comes as absolutely no surprise to me. Brawl and Melee communities can be just as bad, if not worse.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The logic isn't "They do this, therefore it is incorrect to not accept it." The logic is, "They do this, but why?"
Because they are boys. Boys tend to be ****s more often than not.

The answer is not, "Because they do." That is circle reasoning. You're using the same logic as Aris, thinking it is some necessary existence, but no, it isn't. Granted, people should learn to handle negative things from people, but that is entirely beside the point.
No, I'm just saying that guys are abrasive and mean in their social interactions. They may not be full on rude all the time, but guys generally throw around pejorative remarks, put each other down, and basically poke fun at whatever they possibly can.

And to say nice guys are worse, let alone cannot be trusted, is quite the controversial blanket statement.
Nobody likes nice guys.

Also your mention of it being better than the absolute opposite and justifying it through that is quite strange, even if the opposite was indeed worse.
Translation: Bladyblablabla I make no sense

Oh, also how Aris behaves is actually quite abnormal, I really hope you don't think that is natural.
Aris' behaviour is just an over the top version of stereotypical boyish behaviour. Seemed to have a real bone to pick with the girl lol, no that's not very usual since most guys are going to be trying to throw moves or be a little mean but eh whatever I was talking more in general since I thought that's what the deal is.

As for chivalry, I have to agree, most guys who think that way just think that because girls are what they are, they need to be treated with extra respect. The fact of the matter is that yes, the two genders are different, but none of that warrants good or bad discrimination, it just simply implies discrimination in what they are. To add all this baggage is not as necessary as people think, we are just conditioned to think that way. I used to as well until I grew up and got a brain.
You grew up bro

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Guys = small group
fighting game community = mvc, and a small group

Really, if you want a ****storm, this is how you call your topic. Dumb *****

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm really happy that most of the smashers I have talked to are really nice people who would never do this to anyone. Sure, they'll make jokes, but they are nowhere near harassment level....aka good banter
Really now? :smirk:

Guys = small group
fighting game community = mvc, and a small group

Really, if you want a ****storm, this is how you call your topic. Dumb *****
I know what happened that one time I saw a girl at a smash tournament :smirk:

she lost to m2k the level 9 luigi

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But Xonar I thought you were gay!

Akagami

Smash Rookie
Have you ever been bullied or harassed? Have you?

From my personal experience, it sucks and you can't do anything about it except grin and bear it or ignore it. If she would have said ANYTHING that would imply she was fighting back, it would have gotten worse. I've been in situations similar to this (bullying, luckily not sexual harassment), and I tried fighting back. Yeah. Dumb idea. I was just bullied worse and more frequently. When I started laughing it off, it got a lot easier to deal with because they realized they weren't getting a reaction.

Way to be welcoming. Girls arent all soft skinned, you ignorant jerk. We can deal with the smack talk and dish it out. No need to baby us. It's people like you that make sure there won't be any girls in the scene, buddy.

Man, I'm not usually all "girl powerrrr"
But when someone tells me that I shouldnt do what I want to do because I'm too delicate and cant take the smack talk...then to hell with it. I've dealt with worse.

Shadic, I totally agree. The community ranges from teens to adult...we need to learn to act our ages and be more welcoming.
if you wanna reply at least read my post properly LOL. duh, of course all females aren't soft skinned. I said "most" which is straight up true & you can't even deny it. there are many girls who can deal with smack talk well, but they are in the minority.

you can't get bullied in the scene that she was in, the hell you talking about? how is she going to get bullied in an environment like that where she knows so many people in the community and has a large following in general? if she had told him properly to stfu i guarantee you that would've been the end of it. it's aris man, he's like a lone creep. she wouldn't keep getting bullied by him cause i guarantee you with the amount of people she knows and the support she has from people in the community, he'd just get ****ed up.

also i hate how so many people in these communities treat girls like they're the ****ing queen of the country or something and are so ridiculously biased when it comes to dealing with them in situations. treat them with a little more respect sure, but they aren't divine celestial beings or some crazy **** like that lmao.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Because they are boys. Boys tend to be ****s more often than not.
That didn't answer why at all. You're just saying a whole gender just sucks because they are that gender.

No, I'm just saying that guys are abrasive and mean in their social interactions. They may not be full on rude all the time, but guys generally throw around pejorative remarks, put each other down, and basically poke fun at whatever they possibly can.
I think you're confusing bro love with discrimination.

Nobody likes nice guys.
I had no idea nobody liked me. I also had no idea you have such profound knowledge of the human population.

Translation: Bladyblablabla I make no sense
I'm surprised you are allowed in the debate hall if you couldn't understand that... I'll explain.

Saying something that is unpleasant is acceptable because if that person was the exact opposite it'd be way worse, doesn't follow. You are pretending there isn't a middle ground, that people can't have some moderation.

Not to mention, being a nice guy is actually a lot better than an ***hole, you may not think so, but I'd bet most do.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Really now? :smirk:

Except you
You are a terrible human being

I seriously think that you have said the worst stuff to me dude xD

:phone:

Morin0

Smash Lord
That didn't answer why at all. You're just saying a whole gender just sucks because they are that gender.

I had no idea nobody liked me. I also had no idea you have such profound knowledge of the human population.

I'm surprised you are allowed in the debate hall if you couldn't understand that... I'll explain.

Saying something that is unpleasant is acceptable because if that person was the exact opposite it'd be way worse, doesn't follow. You are pretending there isn't a middle ground, that people can't have some moderation.

Not to mention, being a nice guy is actually a lot better than an ***hole, you may not think so, but I'd bet most do.
mfw

:urg:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I never said being a **** was a negative trait.

No I'm not.

Well there you go honey. ;D

Har har har very funny you are not smart you are unnecessarily verbose in a way that sends the point round in loops.

You know what I mean by nice guy, it is an idiomatic term. You think you are smart pulling a literal meaning from what I say and spinning into your own intellectual babble and then going on about blanket statement and such other gay little internet I'm such a genius remarks, when really it's just a way of saying "I'm going to pick around the point because I can't pick at the point".

Yes there is a point of moderation, but of course, that point of moderation with guys is generally them mocking and deriding stuff in a facetious way while being nice/decent when the situation calls for it. For example, a guy will be a ****, but say someone gets hit by a bus on the street they won't be like LOL WHERE U AT and more likely to call an ambulance and wait with until it arrives and rescues the injured.

Lol funny example

Edit: Also the yellow text is mine, punk

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
they aren't divine celestial beings or some crazy **** like that lmao.
c'mon man you know chick gamers are the highest point of human evolution geez!!

:reverse:

@Teran, wait what's that dude in the background doing, lol? He looks like he's either huffing or trying to stifle a laugh or something...

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Chick gamers aint usually above a 5/10 homeboy aint tappin dat dont need no common interests not like i give a **** what da hoe has 2 say

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I never said being a **** was a negative trait.
Then you are alone in that.

No I'm not.
What is being described in the thread is discrimination, what you are referring to is how males act with other males.

Well there you go honey. ;D
Considering the sarcastic remark, I'm guessing you don't ACTUALLY think what you mean, you're just attempting a funny.

Har har har very funny you are not smart you are unnecessarily verbose in a way that sends the point round in loops.
I'd understand that if I used big words, convoluted sentences, or technical terms. Which I didn't do it all.

Also, I'm not so sure where the "you are not smart" comment is based off of or trying to accomplish, meaning it's based from something outside of what we talking about. Angst?

You know what I mean by nice guy, it is an idiomatic term. You think you are smart pulling a literal meaning from what I say and spinning into your own intellectual babble and then going on about blanket statement and such other gay little internet I'm such a genius remarks, when really it's just a way of saying "I'm going to pick around the point because I can't pick at the point".
Oh man you caught me. You know the human mind so well! >__>

Anyways, I'm not entirely sure of your point with all of that. You are asserting being a **** is superior to be what you mean by a nice guy... um, okay... that isn't true but I'll move on. Assuming that, how does that make being a **** acceptable when you acknowledge that there is such a thing as a literal nice guy? Really confused as to what you are trying to accomplish, possibly some built up angst here again.

Yes there is a point of moderation, but of course, that point of moderation with guys is generally them mocking and deriding stuff in a facetious way while being nice/decent when the situation calls for it. For example, a guy will be a ****, but say someone gets hit by a bus on the street they won't be like LOL WHERE U AT and more likely to call an ambulance and wait with until it arrives and rescues the injured.
What is your basis for this moderation? And are you saying I am either moderate, which in the way you describe it is pretty bad, or a ****, which isn't good, or a "nice guy", which is bad too. So, I'm just screwed now am I? Might as well be a **** since it'd be the most fun. Then again, I'm apparently not reduced to those three choices since none of your explanations apply to me, or most people I meet. That is because what moderation means is not half being one extreme and half being the other, or hiding an extreme, it is not ever being an extreme.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Multiquote discussions, the least fruitful discussion possible.

If only this was dGames then I could yell at you guys.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Then you are alone in that.[/quote[

I like how you constantly accuse me of making blanket statements and saying stuff like "what is your basis?" then coming up with **** like that. Nice.

What is being described in the thread is discrimination, what you are referring to is how males act with other males.
What's being done is blanketing one guy's actions and applying it to all, and making a generalised point about guys being mean to girls, which in turn implies that the general banter that girls will receive is too much for them to handle.

Considering the sarcastic remark, I'm guessing you don't ACTUALLY think what you mean, you're just attempting a funny.
YOU'RE JUST NOT READY BROTHER.
I'd understand that if I used big words, convoluted sentences, or technical terms. Which I didn't do it all.
I have no trouble with ****ens, so if I say your sentence structure makes my head go whadda**** you talkin about then I think there's something up. I don't know it's just how I see it considering everyone calls ****ens uber verbose and tiring to follow.

Also, I'm not so sure where the "you are not smart" comment is based off of or trying to accomplish, meaning it's based from something outside of what we talking about. Angst?
It is a snarky put down what do you think it's supposed to achieve? Sort of like your inital "lol howd u get in the debate hall" as if the Debate Hall, some room on a message board, is the paragon of intellectuality.

Oh man you caught me. You know the human mind so well! >__>
Sure do dudejack.

Anyways, I'm not entirely sure of your point with all of that. You are asserting being a **** is superior to be what you mean by a nice guy... um, okay... that isn't true but I'll move on. Assuming that, how does that make being a **** acceptable when you acknowledge that there is such a thing as a literal nice guy? Really confused as to what you are trying to accomplish, possibly some built up angst here again.
I'm not asserting superiority in anything really, since I don't believe that omg this way of thinking is better than ___ unlike basically everyone else who thinks their ****ty opinion is the be all end all of existence. What I am saying is how **** is and what one can do to adapt. Like wow someone's being mean waa waa people should be nice baww **** that say something back or slap the lips off their face otherwise shut the **** up.

I don't get what your deal is with the angst, but okay.

There are literal nice guys, thing is, literal nice guys still have a knack for ribbing at least.

What is your basis for this moderation? And are you saying I am either moderate, which in the way you describe it is pretty bad, or a ****, which isn't good, or a "nice guy", which is bad too. So, I'm just screwed now am I? Might as well be a **** since it'd be the most fun. Then again, I'm apparently not reduced to those three choices since none of your explanations apply to me, or most people I meet. That is because what moderation means is not half being one extreme and half being the other, or hiding an extreme, it is not ever being an extreme.
So you're saying that a guy who will rib on people but not in an aggressive way is bad?

Okay

Not to be rude but are you a little comme-ci comme-ça?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
if you wanna reply at least read my post properly LOL. duh, of course all females aren't soft skinned. I said "most" which is straight up true & you can't even deny it. there are many girls who can deal with smack talk well, but they are in the minority.

you can't get bullied in the scene that she was in, the hell you talking about? how is she going to get bullied in an environment like that where she knows so many people in the community and has a large following in general? if she had told him properly to stfu i guarantee you that would've been the end of it. it's aris man, he's like a lone creep. she wouldn't keep getting bullied by him cause i guarantee you with the amount of people she knows and the support she has from people in the community, he'd just get ****ed up.

also i hate how so many people in these communities treat girls like they're the ****ing queen of the country or something and are so ridiculously biased when it comes to dealing with them in situations. treat them with a little more respect sure, but they aren't divine celestial beings or some crazy **** like that lmao.
When I said bullying, I meant in general. Not just pertaining to gaming, since this situation was so similar to bully mentality.

And you can't be sure of that. He was saying that stuf because the people on the stream were saying stuff too. He was being egged on. People like him want that attention. I dont think her words would have any affect.

And I agree with that last thing
Lets people have special snowflake syndrome, which is dumb. 'omg I'm a girl and I play gaemzzzz <3'
...good for you? It's not that special? Have fun with that? No me gusta.

:phone:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
So many tangents in this topic. *_*

First off, the smash community is (apparently) not nearly as bad as that of Capcom fighting games, though I think we have to be careful not to take the opinions of a vocal minority as the norm for the entire group. The sort of harrassment displayed in the article and video would be completely unacceptable in the smash community at large, despite other faults the (American) scene might have. Considering the amount of openly gay smashers and people from all ethnicities, I'd say this is an overall tolerant community, people aren't ostracized for things they have no control over. We're ultimately separate communities, so I don't think the article in the OP is something we need to feel responsible for.

Secondly, there is no denying that it can be hard for any woman to find her place in a domain dominated by men. This is not exclusive to competitive gaming, gender is still a thing in politics, science and general top positions, just to name a few examples. If you're a girl going to a smash tournament, the reality is that you're likely to be the only one there. This doesn't mean that you should have to put up with being discriminated against, but you will garner at least a certain amount of attention initially, especially if you're actually competing. There is no real solution to this, but how often is this actually a problem at smash tournaments? My scene very rarely has girls at tournaments and they're usually not there to participate, but even when they do it's not a big deal besides a few weird looks perhaps. The "thirsty" gamer stereotype is also a bit overplayed here, men at a bar are really not that different.

The terminology used in the smash community has nothing to do with discrimination against minorities IMO, at most it's something that can be hurtful, but isn't intended to be. I'll admit right here that I'm not affected by it and sometimes use "gay" or "****" in conversation with American smashers, but I do mind who I'm talking to and in the past years there has been more awareness to not go overboard with it. At the end of the day this is still a community of mostly 15-25 year old males and some crudeness slips in with that demographic in particular. This is not an excuse, but we're at a point where you can actually speak up if it bothers you and that means we've made a lot of progress.

To be fair, that CPU was pretty broken.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
The community is full of lots of kinda immature ****heads.

That's really all there's needs to be said. Yeah it's kinda sad, well, **** about it. If you want something done go do it.

Or you could just whine about it on Smashboards. Like a winner.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I like how you constantly accuse me of making blanket statements and saying stuff like "what is your basis?" then coming up with **** like that. Nice.
I don't see how your response to the quoted sentence makes sense.

What's being done is blanketing one guy's actions and applying it to all, and making a generalised point about guys being mean to girls, which in turn implies that the general banter that girls will receive is too much for them to handle.
That was what the original post stated, the discussion didn't really center around that. You said yourself you didn't read any of the posts, so I can understand why you aren't aware of that.

I have no trouble with ****ens, so if I say your sentence structure makes my head go whadda**** you talkin about then I think there's something up. I don't know it's just how I see it considering everyone calls ****ens uber verbose and tiring to follow.
I believe you had trouble, I'm just saying it seems like a very plain statement that you extracted to direct that at.

It is a snarky put down what do you think it's supposed to achieve? Sort of like your inital "lol howd u get in the debate hall" as if the Debate Hall, some room on a message board, is the paragon of intellectuality.
So it IS angst. Chill bro, everything is going to be okay, I promise. This is the insecurity that we've been talking about thus far. From my relevant comment you say something irrelevant to what we are talking about, as you say, it only achieved to satiate your easily hurt pride (I wasn't really aiming for hurting you, sorry my friend).

It is especially ironic considering what you have said before about put downs. What did you suggest?

****ing deal with it
Ah, yes, right. Well do that.

I'm not asserting superiority in anything really, since I don't believe that omg this way of thinking is better than ___ unlike basically everyone else who thinks their ****ty opinion is the be all end all of existence. What I am saying is how **** is and what one can do to adapt. Like wow someone's being mean waa waa people should be nice baww **** that say something back or slap the lips off their face otherwise shut the **** up.

I don't get what your deal is with the angst, but okay.

There are literal nice guys, thing is, literal nice guys still have a knack for ribbing at least.
Well obviously a person has preferences to how one should think, I mean, you do what you think is best. But anyways, missing the point here again. Even if nice guys "rib", then there isn't much reason not to be one of those guys.

So you're saying that a guy who will rib on people but not in an aggressive way is bad?

Okay

Not to be rude but are you a little comme-ci comme-ça?
I literally have no idea how this goes with what I just said. :confused: I didn't say that at all.

And no, I am not, and I don't take that as rude.

Morin0

Smash Lord
The way they treat girls everywhere else.

._.
But if you read the article, according to Aris, you should treat girls with coarse sexual harrassment. What kind of ******* treats girls with respect outside of fighting tournaments and then treats them like **** in fighting game tournaments because that's just the way it is? But who knows, maybe they do treat them like **** outside of tournaments (therefore they're most likely misogynistic) and do the same in tournaments.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
None of my other communities involve fighting like the fighting community though.
My entire ****ing point is the setting shouldn't change who they are. If they're seriously only acting sexist during the those tournaments, that's ****ing ********. So something tells me this is just their excuse, but they're already small and pathetic people soooooo yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah let's just whine about it on internets, that'll change stuff.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Not likely misogynistic, more likely just socially premature. I doubt Aris hates females, he'd probably give up his left nut to have a girlfriend so he can get laid. Since that is all the rage these days with kids.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523

Yeah, this guy gets it! Games are designed for DUDES and companies don't even want girls to play them! If they did, they wouldn't include that label on the front that says 'dudes only, girls may not play this game'. If fact, if you look closely at said label is goes on to say 'this game was made solely for Akagami's entertainment and anything that might interfere with that should be ignored since he is the most important person in the world'.

EDIT: Teran if you lock this thread before I've had my fun I swear to god I will come at you

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
My entire ****ing point is the setting shouldn't change who they are. If they're seriously only acting sexist during the those tournaments, that's ****ing ********. So something tells me this is just their excuse, but they're already small and pathetic people soooooo yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah let's just whine about it on internets, that'll change stuff.
Setting has a contextual influence when it comes to any dilemma. Whether you are at work or with some friends, there are some things that can and cannot be said. The same can be said for how people interpret the competitive gaming scene, a scene that is fraught with its own nuances. Based on how people treat the venue, you are bound to get people acting in different ways that differ vastly from how they would at work, at home alone, or on the computer.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Yeah, this guy gets it! Games are designed for DUDES and companies don't even want girls to play them! If they did, they wouldn't include that label on the front that says 'dudes only, girls may not play this game'. If fact, if you look closely at said label is goes on to say 'this game was made solely for Akagami's entertainment and anything that might interfere with that should be ignored since he is the most important person in the world'.

EDIT: Teran if you lock this thread before I've had my fun I swear to god I will come at you
Fighting games are fundamentally sexist in nature though. If you look at the portrayal of female characters in most games, most of them involve women in a state of undress and have moves present in their combos that involve some form of prostitution. Arguing that the games are designed with fair weight on male and female characters when it comes to character design and presentation is fundamentally flawed. Fighting games are designed on slant to attract males with more than just a technical fighting hook and it is with this starting point that most communities begin to centralize.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523

I did a bit of searching and found the sticker, since some of you may have missed it on the games

Acrostic you're reading too far into how serious that post was

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Fighting games are fundamentally sexist in nature though. If you look at the portrayal of female characters in most games, most of them involve women in a state of undress and have moves present in their combos that involve some form of prostitution. Arguing that the games are designed with fair weight on male and female characters when it comes to character design and presentation is fundamentally flawed. Fighting games are designed on slant to attract males with more than just a technical fighting hook and it is with this starting point that most communities begin to centralize.
Do not glistening shirtless men exist in the same such games?

It could probably be argued that moves have a sexual or sexually interesting nature on male characters too, but I don't pay too much attention to either sex's sexual moves when I'm playing.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Setting has a contextual influence when it comes to any dilemma. Whether you are at work or with some friends, there are some things that can and cannot be said. The same can be said for how people interpret the competitive gaming scene, a scene that is fraught with its own nuances. Based on how people treat the venue, you are bound to get people acting in different ways that differ vastly from how they would at work, at home alone, or on the computer.
This is another, "That is how it is, so that is how it should be." I agree with Falcon, context shouldn't really affect anything, but it does, in TONS of different environments, and it makes life a lot harder and more complicated than it really needs to be.

Edit: I also found the same label on my video games, I had no idea. :(

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Do not glistening shirtless men exist in the same such games.
Glistening =/= Morgan's default costume in Capcom which is frankly a teddie with wings.

Arcani said:
It could probably be argued that moves have a sexual or sexually interesting nature on male characters too, but I don't pay too much attention to either sex's sexual moves when I'm playing.
Do you like ponies more than you like humens?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Glistening =/= Morgan's default costume in Capcom which is frankly a teddie with wings.
I don't know if the pictures I'm finding are correct, but from what I see, isn't she a succubus, so doesn't it make flavourful sense for her to dress like that, anyway?

Like, obviously it's sexually oriented, and I get that as much as the next guy, but it makes sense for her to be dressed in skimpier outfits then the rest of anyone, really.

Do you like ponies more than you like humens?
Dude, this is basically what this thread is talking about... Like, the intent here is just, why?

To answer your question, although I'm not sure I should respond to people acting this way, I'm not a furry. I am asexual, however.

EDIT: This is also probably not the place to spell humans humens.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Okay first of all, I apologize to Arcansi. The last comment was a rude jab by me.

I did a bit of searching and found the sticker, since some of you may have missed it on the games

Acrostic you're reading too far into how serious that post was
I just think that when you buy these games, you promote sexism to some degree or form. Publishers and art designers who make this game see high sales and continue with this trend of slanting games to what they feel are their constituent consumers. I'm not stating that this justifies sexism in any degree of form. I am arguing though that games were designed to capture a community that I feel wants to escape hassles of political correctness and moral opinion. For people who ignore the sexism or stereotypes present in the games, they also have to deal with people who might endorse or buy the game because of sexism and stereotypes presented in it.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Asexual? That thing that only 1% of the world apparently is? Off topic, but I'm a bit skeptical as for the term, since it is perhaps biologically impossible to not be attracted to at least one gender? I've never spoken to a person who claimed to be one except once, and I quickly found that was total bullcrap (not saying that is the case with you).

I'm only just a bit confused as to what people are saying when they mention the word is all.

Top Bottom