• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is diddy? Where do diddy mains rank their character

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Diddy kong: the character everyone is talking about, but how good is this little primate? Personally I think the diddy boards overestimates him at times and I would like to see how you all would stack him up against the rest of the cast.

So this is how the thread works. This is diddy's current tier/rank placement

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy------------11th

I want you to post where you think he should be. So list all the characters you think are better than diddy then stop (it doesnt matter what comes after).

I will start us off.

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth
IC's--im not so sure on this but we will leave it here for now
Diddy------------9th

Feel free to tell us why you put him there too.

In short I feel diddy is a strong tournament viable character, but there is a lot of characters that do it better. I am not sure why he gets so much hype with the other choices out there, maybe because he is flashy?

ADHD

Smash Hero
He deserve to move up 3 notches, people don't give him enough credit mainly because they can't... they're just not enough good diddy players out there yet. Rob doesn't deserve his place, he's a good character, but he shouldn't be that high up imo. Wario might sink as well, and for sure diddy will steal DK's place, dk isn't that great of a character and has alot of problems.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
ya warios sinking because of grab releases, dk is sinking because of..... well dk is not that great. And d3 infinite is way too easy.

I think ROB deserves it. His weight combined with recovery makes him impossible to kill. His dsmash is FAST, I have actually heard it comes out faster than metaknights. Laser gyro camp game is too good, and rob can play on any stage.

That puts him above diddy imo.

ADHD

Smash Hero
ya warios sinking because of grab releases, dk is sinking because of..... well dk is not that great. And d3 infinite is way too easy.

I think ROB deserves it. His weight combined with recovery makes him impossible to kill. His dsmash is FAST, I have actually heard it comes out faster than metaknights. Laser gyro camp game is too good, and rob can play on any stage.

That puts him above diddy imo.
Rob meet Metaknight.

white peachy

Smash Ace
He goes even or close to even with most of the current top tier. IMO he has fewer bad matchups than lucario, DK, and maybe even Wario. I think he should move up a few slots.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea i can agree with rising up one tier as dk is getting really beaten out of his matches when people use d3 against him :\ so 10th=11th is perfect at the moment..

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy------------11th

Donkey Kong and ROB right now are a little too high. ROB has an obvious blindspot and Donkey Kong has some horrible matchups. I'd move them both down a notch or two and move Diddy up.

Player-1

Smash Legend
agreed. I honestly dont know why diddy isnt considered with the likes of Rob, G&W, or Marth. IMO hes above Wario, Lucario, DK(not even close).
Because, from what I can see, Diddy is still placing around the same places as he did when the tier list first came out, Ninjalink and N4N3RZ are still dominating their area with the occassional other Diddy player placing at some random tournament. Wario's GR disadvantage isn't being taken full advantages over yet and DK is still placing near the same as Diddy in tournaments, maybe Diddy is doing a little better in tournaments...but just maybe a little.

DUB

Smash Lord
agreed. I honestly dont know why diddy isnt considered with the likes of Rob, G&W, or Marth. IMO hes above Wario, Lucario, DK(not even close).
DK's a monster. He's only got a handful of bad matchups, less then Diddy, is good on virtually any stage and fairs well against the top tier chars ( minus DDD/Falco).

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth
Wario
Diddy------------9th

Diddy is way better than DK and Lucario has good air games. However Diddy seems to take control of the ground and air a lot better than Lucario. Diddy should move up 2 spots.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
DK's a monster. He's only got a handful of bad matchups, less then Diddy, is good on virtually any stage and fairs well against the top tier chars ( minus DDD/Falco).
the problem with DK is d3. No dk should ever beat a d3 that even knows the slightest bit what he is doing. Ill money match ANY dk with d3. If I ever vs. a dk in a tourney? Im switching to d3 right away even though I suck with the character. The infinite is so ridiculusly easy though that I would have virtually no fear that I would lose.

Thus why until that stuff gets banned a character like DK should not be considered better than diddy.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Imo:

Meta Knight
Snake
Falco
Diddy
King Dedede

He should be around there. I don't know where to put King Dedede, but Falco and Diddy have an advantage over him. Diddy and Falco also do good against most other characters. Maybe Dedede should still be higher, but I don't know.

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
Imo:

Meta Knight
Snake
Falco
Diddy
King Dedede

He should be around there. I don't know where to put King Dedede, but Falco and Diddy have an advantage over him. Diddy and Falco also do good against most other characters. Maybe Dedede should still be higher, but I don't know.
finally some sense here. Just because alot of diddys lose to Robs, G&Ws etc doesnt mean he shouldnt be granted the credit he deserves. Sure he might have a disadvantage against characters like Rob or Falco but diddy has the technical ability and vast possibilities to overcome it.

Im not saying to rank diddy that high but to put people like DK, Lucario or Wario ahead of diddy is just silly to me.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
i think that diddy is def. a better character than at least wario and donkey kong. with lucario its debatable but still i think that lucario should be above diddy on tier list.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
finally some sense here. Just because alot of diddys lose to Robs, G&Ws etc doesnt mean he shouldnt be granted the credit he deserves. Sure he might have a disadvantage against characters like Rob or Falco but diddy has the technical ability and vast possibilities to overcome it.

Im not saying to rank diddy that high but to put people like DK, Lucario or Wario ahead of diddy is just silly to me.
DK just never dies and has easy KO moves. That's basically DK. Diddy is the opposite. Diddy dies pretty easy and it's hard to KO with him. I dunno much about lucario though, but he seems to be like Marth imo. Wario has a great recovery and it's kinda hard to hit him. Diddy should be higher than Rob and DK, but I think there are people lower on the tier list that should be higher than diddy too (IC).

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Imo:

Meta Knight
Snake
Falco
Diddy
King Dedede

King dedede can cg like over half the cast including snake and ROB. That alone puts him above diddy imo.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Imo:

Meta Knight
Snake
Falco
Diddy
King Dedede

That was a horrible tier list. Diddy is never going to be that high. Stop dreaming and come back down to Earth...

Ranking Diddy in the top 5 of a tier list is crazy. Saying "Falco's lazers pwn Diddy, but Diddy can win!" is not a reason to place him above Falco.

If Diddy is lucky he will rise a spot or two, but justifying his placement in the top 4 or 5 for that matter, is impossible.

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
That was a horrible tier list. Diddy is never going to be that high. Stop dreaming and come back down to Earth...

Ranking Diddy in the top 5 of a tier list is crazy. Saying "Falco's lazers pwn Diddy, but Diddy can win!" is not a reason to place him above Falco.

If Diddy is lucky he will rise a spot or two, but justifying his placement in the top 4 or 5 for that matter, is impossible.
I never said to put him that high but his name should be in the same league. IMO I'm not exactly sure where I would put diddy but I would put him somewhere in 6-8

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Imo:

Meta Knight
Snake
Falco
Diddy
King Dedede

I would Stick G&W above Falco. Making Diddy 5th best.

G&W is really good and Diddy Kong isn't better than him, nor is Falco.

IDK

Smash Lord
he's as of yet the only consideration for the possibility of a counter for MK. case closed.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
just cause he "counters" (with extra quotations there) doesnt mean he is a good match versus every char. some characters give diddy alot of trouble. diddy has weaknesses UNLIKE MK :\ so his current tier is good but agreed should replace dk.

IDK

Smash Lord
DK's up there because he has positive matchups with most of the characters high up on the tier list, but not MK. Diddy has negative matchups with most of the same characters, but possibly a positive one with MK. In this way he does deserve to be exactly where he is, but that's only matchup wise. I think his metagame is still evolving, and it could be more if we had insanely smart people like EL from the marth boards. He has the potential to move up, and I think he will, but at the moment I think I'm content with Diddy's position.

As to DUB, I wasn't referring to the top of top, because at the moment I'm fairly sure MK and Snake are going to stay where they are, unless something game changing happens, like wavedashing without hacks.

Player-1

Smash Legend
DK's up there because he has positive matchups with most of the characters high up on the tier list, but not MK. Diddy has negative matchups with most of the same characters, but possibly a positive one with MK. In this way he does deserve to be exactly where he is, but that's only matchup wise. I think his metagame is still evolving, and it could be more if we had insanely smart people like EL from the marth boards. He has the potential to move up, and I think he will, but at the moment I think I'm content with Diddy's position.

As to DUB, I wasn't referring to the top of top, because at the moment I'm fairly sure MK and Snake are going to stay where they are, unless something game changing happens, like wavedashing without hacks.
You're not dumb =)

Top Bottom