• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do YOU combo into a Ftilt

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I just want to know how different people like to combo in their Ftilts or if they just walk up to their oppenent and kick their face in:laugh:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
dtilt to ftilt seem to work pretty well in the low percents against most characters

Also the fair can do a decent job for combing into a ftilt

The uptilt can also do it but it's rare for you to get the chance to do that set up.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
F-Air autocancelled into F-Tilt
D-tilt > F-Tilt
Jab Cancel > F-Tilt
Grab-Release (Ground) > F-Tilt

and my favorite

F-Tilt shield pressure > F-Tilt

There are more besides that, but those are the ones I like to use the most. Throw > bait a dodge > F-Tilt is also pretty good too :)

ADHD

Smash Hero
I don't combo into it, I mindgame into it. To me it's just like mindgaming into a grab with Ice Climbers.
I hate ice climbers -.- Spam teh whorneado ftw

Ditilt is definitely good, you can do jab cancel too.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
oh fair to ftilt is definitely one of Sheik's most beautiful combos.
Spotdodge to ftilt works well a lot of the time. I play a defensive Sheik sometimes (sinnnnnner.........), bait aggression, spotdodge something stupid and start ftilting.

Jab cancel to ftilt works too. I think it requires bad DI or response, but I know i did it a bunch of times in my last tournament.

I don't dtilt into ftilts. I use dtilts to start a dtilt combo. I know that sounds ridiculously stupid but it works like crazy. You stay crouched, and people start trying to hit you with moves like robs fair, and the hitboxes cancel when they hit the ground so they can't hit you while you are crouched, and you dtilt again during their landing lag.

demodemo i love your avatar.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
You can get a very brief d-tilt lock on large characters. I find that fun.

I NEVER U-tilt. Don't know why. Must be that darn tap jump. I knowwww I can turn it off but I'm a romantic.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
You can get a very brief d-tilt lock on large characters. I find that fun.

I NEVER U-tilt. Don't know why. Must be that darn tap jump. I knowwww I can turn it off but I'm a romantic.
Utilt is, in my opinion, one of Sheik's best five moves (Ftilt, Bair, Utilt, Needles, Dsmash)

At 0%, against some characters, depending on DI, you can Fthrow/Bthrow into a Ftilt
Grab release also works against many
Jab Cancel is the perfect set up
Dtilt sets up
Utilt at low percentages sets up
FAir, Weak Nair, and Weak Bair all set up into it
Short ranged Needles is a great set up

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Definitely love utilt to ftilt. Usually I also I try to get a fthrow in before the utilt on a new stock, with a mistake on DI the combo always works. Jab cancel is also very nifty.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This thread hurts my heart. :(

Poor Ness can't do anything to escape the eternal tilt combo.

And I'm a Ness main. I don't belong here...

Top Bottom