• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I do a Barrel Roll? ~ Fox Q&A (Check the OP)

Zhamy

Smash Champion
TKD or Zeton or Rookie right now.

Haven't really seen Rookie around, though :(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you said horizontally you should hold toward the stage the whole time, shouldnt you hold up first, and then after you've done your uair hold toward the stage?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Question
whats faster, shield grab or Jab?

need to know because i wanna know if its quicker/safer to grab out of shield of jab into grab.also helpful for other stuff aswell.

also what about shine?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I think it all depends. Like I used to jab grab everything, but when I started fighting good Snakes jab grabs became useless because they would jab me before I could grab after my jab.

To be honest, I think the safest bet is to jump out of shield and reset the stage and spam lasers.

I have found that trying to contend and for options out of my shield are hurting me more than helping me.

To be honest I do believe a grab is definitely a better option over trying to jab out the shield.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Who tries to jab out of a shield?
That's a waste of an OoS option.
Don't do it.

Shield-grabbing is a quick and easy way to teach your opponents how to space right, really with Fox, Shield-grabs aren't as good as some make it out to be, all it generally requires is decent spacing to get around it.

If you have the choice and opportunity, Shield grab, if the move is that **** slow, jc up smash OoS.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm trying to say it really don't matter. It's up to the player to decide.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Haven't we already established knuxrouge is a ****** and has no idea how to play this game? Why do you consider anything he ever says regarding this game to be legitimate?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
few questions

1. can fox ff nair -> jjc without being sheild grabbed

2. does fox's shine have invinsibility frames? if so are they at the begining or the end of the shine?

3.can fox jjc -> drill ?

4. when moves clash, do they decay?

5. if fox ftilts shield is it safe? (if its well spaced anyway)

6. whats the best move to sheild push your opponent( with the exception of smash attacks)

got a tourney next week (nationals) ,thanks

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
few questions

1. can fox ff nair -> jjc without being sheild grabbed

2. does fox's shine have invinsibility frames? if so are they at the begining or the end of the shine?

3.can fox jjc -> drill ?

4. when moves clash, do they decay?

5. if fox ftilts shield is it safe? (if its well spaced anyway)

6. whats the best move to sheild push your opponent( with the exception of smash attacks)

got a tourney next week (nationals) ,thanks

1. yes

2. yes, begining 2 frames.

3. no

4. not sure

5. i believe so

6. hmmm, depending on where they are, AC fair can push people of platforms if their shielding.
on the ground, im not sure

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
#1 is a yes Uzi >.>

and ok Lucas Perfected. Tell him to chill on the MU stuff cause some Warios might come and flame now >.>

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
cheers guys, its really gonna help my game. ive got some amazing opponents next weekend to beat.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wow really? thats amazing, I'd suppose you'd have to autocancel the nair and buffer the jabs?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
wow really? thats amazing, I'd suppose you'd have to autocancel the nair and buffer the jabs?
na i think you have to s
SH then FF nair when your right next to/above your opponent the jab. you may need to slightly buffer it.

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Alright, i know how nooby this is gonna sound but, here goes- How do iz jab cancel? -_-

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
been a while since i posted here... anyway, after getting spiked/semi-spiked is it safe for fox to use the shine? i noticed that generally the shine will bump you 'up' in the air after a hit, so i'm thinking maybe it could be used as a 'momentum reversal' when being sent downwards...

(i mean, i've got tap jump on, so i shouldn't be getting spike ko'd cuz i could just tap up to meteor cancel, but sometimes my jump just doesn't come out so i'm looking for other options.)

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
(im not ignoring the last question but i dunno the answer)

What is the easiest button config for SHTL?

Top Bottom