• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you unlock the hidden characters in SSBB?

Chuz

Smash Cadet
Just out of curiosity, does Brawl WiFi matches also count in unlocking the characters? And if so, can't you just go to play anyone(or W/E it's called) and just leave you console running well you do something else?

And like most people here, I also unlocked a big majority of the characters through SSE.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I unlocked Ness, Marth, and Luigi via playing Brawls, but I unlocked everyone else with Subspace.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
Most of them just by playing brawls, and a few of the last ones with the "super sudden death" technique.
I actually haven't beaten Subspace yet

r3d d09

Smash Master
I cheated and got a game save, I didn't want to spend the time to unlock everything due to just getting brawl a few months ago and needed to catch up on players.

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
You're lucky you didn't have to experience the Great Maze.

I thought special Brawl matches didn't count?
Special matches DO count. At least I'm pretty sure they do because of all the people I hear saying they unlocked the characters by playing stamina mode, 1hp with the poison flower thing on.

Shiroi

Smash Apprentice
All through the hard work of SSE. LMAO.
Well... except Jiggs. It was pretty easy to just get jiggs with vs. battles. *actually ones*:laugh:

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
say this video of the fastest way to get characters. Special Vs mode, Flower head and 1 percent stamina and fast brawl. Watched TV and pressed start all day. 1 hour later i got everycharacter, including masterhand

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
Go to SSE and Put opponent's damage to 300% and put it on one stock. I mainly use peach and forward slap my opponents until every new character is unlocked:)

BrawlMoptop11

Smash Rookie
Subspace, all day, non-stop. Unless I wanted a pizza or something.
Not Wolf though, got him with Fox in Boss Battles Mode.

Top Bottom