• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you pick your current main charater?

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
I read a Tips and Tricks magazine with SSBM as a feature in it, and saw "Marth" under the characters section. This sounds weird, but at the time... I just knew that he was going to be my main. I bought my gamecube the day after my birthday with Melee on the side, unlocked him as quickly as I could, and I haven't changed since. Marth is and always will be my favorite character.

j00t

Smash Champion
Game & Watch has been one of my favorite characters since I layed my eyes on him. He's goofy and has awesome-looking attacks. Who else can smack people with turtles and credit cards? NO ONE. He's just epic, especially his dance after he wins a match.

Fox just fits my style. I just like speed and control over brute strength. The technical skill required to master him also makes me want to play him. I just like being flashy. Darkrain also inspired me to play Captain Falcon, solely cause of the way he obliterated that pyramid of soda cans at INNIV. You win at life, my friend.

Ness is also one of my favorite characters, just because Earthbound was an amazing game. Of course, he isn't really my main..... but I just enjoy playing him.

Alexman0817

Smash Rookie
Well I have been fox since I know about WD shffls and stuff but than I realized I keep doing the same and I can't stop doing it so thats why I get beaten up by the best of my city but than I went sheik I don't like her though and now I'm using ICs as my "main" all these desynching is very hard for me to understand... I'm training all days to be the best ICs on my city but I have trouble with this fox >=( **** but I'll keep training I'm sure I can beat him

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Well, I just played every character until I found the one I liked the most, felt the most comfortable playing as. I've had lots of 'mains', first it was Yoshi, then it was Link, then it was Roy, then it was effin' Mewtwo and then it was Marth and then Roy again...and then I started playing as Falco, and after a while I just settled for using him the most.

Nowadays I kinda have my likes and dislikes sorted out with characters, and I prefer using characters that have a fun aerial game, my most used characters being Falco, Marth and Jiggs. Mario and Doc are cool too, as is Young Link, Peach and Pika.

And Cap, of course. Gotta love that knee.

Adi

Smash Lord
I've always mained Marth, I only recently switched to Falco after learning advanced techniques and liking him more.

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
luigi has been my main since the first game i ever played, super mario bros, i loved the color green, and n the old game, luigi was green, not red, so i always played 2 players so i could be luigi. luigi was also my favorite character in every other game since and when ssb came out, i used mario untill i cold unock luigi, and now in melee, i rarley use anyone else. luigi is my favorite video game character out of every vieo game i've ever played, so naturally, hes m y main. HE RULES, HES MY FAVORITE IN EVERY GAME!

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
I first tried Link, he was a little too heavy for me, so i went for Y. Link, Played him the longest but he got boring, I then played as Luigi, who I have to admit I pwn with, I also tried Mewtwo at the reccomendation of a friend, I like playing as him too. I now juggle maining Luigi and Mewtwo most of the time.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I play fox because he's flashy... I started out maining peach in competitive smash, but even when I won, it felt boring, and like it took no skill.

With Fox, I need to keep my tech skill good, and there is still so much for me to improve on. I like the speed of fox too. Ultimately, I'd like to play captain falcon, but right now I just can't keep up with him. It was like that at first with fox too though, so I'm pretty sure sooner or later I will go to Captain falcon

FSASheik

Smash Cadet
I kept on losing with Marth and Doc so i messed around by choosing Sheik and i started to win like crazy so i stuck with her and now im kinda decent. The people i play with say i have crazy mindgames... whatever that means...

Bailey

Smash Hero
I exploit the gayness of this game to the full extent. So picking the following characters for tournaments seems right:

Marth
Fox
Peach
Jigglypuff

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
dont just have a main char

a good ssbm playa uses every char and will use a diff char depending on the match up

u gotta b rdy

ps peach owns

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I remember looking at each character and thinking how unconfortable I would feel playing as some of the larger ones. I wish they made some small characters.

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
they is small chars like pichu and kirby

hhaa they sux even in hands of great gamers low tears have their limits

my game and watch is good but i wood never use him to fight against someone in a tounry thats dumb

its fox,falco,marth,peach,falcon,or sheik all the way most others will get owned easily

just keep ur char choices open

and learn to play with most good chars u can still have a main like mine is peach but u need others to do things that the pros do.:)

GaNoNdOrFgUrL

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2853-0620-9258
Ganondorf is my main cause in the original Super Smash Bros, Captain Falcon was my best.
But then, when i played as him in Melee..i SUCKED with him.
So then, Falco became my main. I stopped playing for a bit, and when i went back to Falco..i was REALLY BAD.
Then I noticed Ganondorf had the same moves as Captain Falcon. I played as him..and BOOM! Ever since then he's been my main. When i stopped playing Smash for a while..i just recently came back..and when i played as Ganondorf...I was better than usual!

forward

Smash Champion
Falco - Learned him from this old school AZ Kat Dwayne. He was the first person I saw doing short hop lasers while moving forward. LOL but back then being able to do that you had to be the ****. People didn't shuffle like monsters and waveland every platform and have frame perfect movements like they do now a days. No, back then moving while short hopping was ****ing hard, now you add a neutral b to that?! GET THE F*CK OUT!

Sheik - I think I started using her as a secondary character around the time of OC2. I use to switch between secondaries like mad, Captain Falcon, Samus, Fox, Marth, Doc, Link, Ganon, I've pretty much done them all. But before I ever was inspired to play Falco, Sheik was my main. I suppose you could say that because of this I still have a special place in my heart for Sheik, lol kidding aside, I guess there was a reason I used her back then............ Yo, I kick *** with her! LOL >=)

Famine

Smash Rookie
I picked up Samus because it used to be fun to spam alll the time, but then I learned about wavedashing and all that jazz, and began to use Samus because she was heavy and had pretty good recovery...

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I picked up Samus because it used to be fun to spam alll the time, but then I learned about wavedashing and all that jazz, and began to use Samus because she was heavy and had pretty good recovery...
Samus ie heavy? lol

jonkil

Smash Apprentice
i never main with anyone and in tourny's i play something like dk or something stupid for the first round to have fun but then i chose something like doc but dk is a fun character to play with.

Tsugaru

Smash Rookie
My choosen was decided by a break, and slight determination. I hadn't play in sometime, a few months, possibly not even a year. ;___;,...

Anyways, My brother was playing SSBM and I was talking to RoyTheFlamboyant (like, my bestest friend ever. XD; ) , I decided to play against him with Zelda, and I failed.
So then, I chose Marth, remembering that RTF plays...well, Roy, and went against my brother (also plays Roy), and just kept winning.

Unfortantly, though, I still have a lot of terms and moves to learn, since I'm just now getting into this game like I am with DDR.. (serious Competition..)

Top Bottom