• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~How Did you get good at brawl Discussion~

boredpsycopath

Smash Cadet
Hello I am Boredpsycopath so me of you know me here ^^.

I have made this thread because we are all here to get better and the best way to learn. And to think of it we each learn in a different way. so the reason i made this is to listen and read to other people's experiences. So that everyone can learn from each other and so that People on Smashboards can develop a form of learning brawl at the competitive level guide. i mean seriously you don't just pick up a character the first time you play and just play with your friends and you become this level trust i got brawl the morning it came out and i am not that great at it.

It is plain and simple just list the method you used and the exact method you did it and i will post it here for every one to read and to try out and to get better.

MyCurse4Life

Smash Ace
Hello I am Boredpsycopath so me of you know me here ^^.

I have made this thread because we are all here to get better and the best way to learn. And to think of it we each learn in a different way. so the reason i made this is to listen and read to other people's experiences. So that everyone can learn from each other and so that People on Smashboards can develop a form of learning brawl at the competitive level guide. i mean seriously you don't just pick up a character the first time you play and just play with your friends and you become this level trust i got brawl the morning it came out and i am not that great at it.

It is plain and simple just list the method you used and the exact method you did it and i will post it here for every one to read and to try out and to get better.
yea this is not helping.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I got better by watching people play, and playing online.
It's better than Lvl. 9's.....

Nicole

Smash Champion
practice, going to tournaments, and watching videos on youtube. and learning to DI better >_<

Zarkai

Smash Rookie
Playing intoxicated (of all sorts)...
Plethora of reasons, helped my game alot though

Super Joe

Smash Rookie
Getting my butt kicked by someone who was better than me probably taught me how to improve my game quite a bit.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I used Ganon against other players, which forced me to watch their patterns and habbits. This then transferred to my other characters, helping me read foes.

With Samus, I learned to poke people in different ways to see how they react, and work from there.

As most people say though, just plain playing other players is about 75% of the experience needed.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I put effort into the game.

Spike6sic6

Smash Cadet
Most importantly, I played humans. Training mode also helped me a lot.

Ressource-wise, watched vids on youtube and read a lot of stuff on this board.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I think I got better by doing thumb wrestles, and making my fingers ninja quick. Destroying bros everytime they challenge me (they have to 2 vs 1 me to beat me now -_-'), and watching and reading techniques, and trying to put them into my game.

DylantheNinja

Smash Cadet
um what if I don't have anyone who plays brawl well, how do I get good? I wanna be tourney good, but I'm not quite that good yet. I wanna though

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Street Fighter really helped me understand spacing and mid games and trying to learn to use Marth really helped perfect my spacing

Pony

Smash Apprentice
Going into training mode on 1.5x speed Vs. level 9's, it improved my reflexes :3

Top Bottom