• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Personally, I don't even think that we will get SSB4 any time soon, as it will probably be pushed back just like SSBB. Also I don't think all the Vets are going to be coming back (Ike, Lucario, Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B) and I think that he won't be going one a month, since we got Toon Link and Sonic very close to one another. At some point, if he plans on revealing the entire cast, and not just the starters, then announcements will have to be coming in faster. Maybe have PT and Jiggs in one day and ZSS and Shiek another (sincs both are transformations). Maybe even Wario and Yoshi together. We will get Yoshi soon as he is the only one of the "Elite Eight" to not be announced yet and it was the same way for SSBB. I also think we will get Falcon, Ness, or Jiggs in January since we will probably get Dedede. We will most definitely get 3 characters a month at least soon, if he wants the roster all out at estimated time of release.

1. Lucario got saved by Pokémon x and y.
  2. its possible but I really doubt foxes rival will be kicked as a matter fact I think all 3 are fine in my opinion.
  3. and for R.O.B how many times do we have to tell you people R.O.B is far to unique and loved in brawl to get kicked. (in japan hes an icon that's probably why rob was put in the first place and it worked for some of the west as well.)
And as for the 3 characters a month thing that not a bad guess I mean maybe the last 5 pictures are the final 5 characters before the release (well the starters anyway unless some of them have to be unlocked confirmed so far. If so he adds the how to unlocks to each character you have to unlock.)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think on January we might get a Kirby character. I feel that King Dedede would be more likely, since we know his role in the new Kirby game, but not Meta-Knight's. February could be a Donkey Kong character. Most likely Diddy Kong, since he was already in Brawl. But I'd like to see Dixie or King K. Rool.

But I'm not holding my breath to be honest.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think on January we might get a Kirby character. I feel that King Dedede would be more likely, since we know his role in the new Kirby game, but not Meta-Knight's. February could be a Donkey Kong character. Most likely Diddy Kong, since he was already in Brawl. But I'd like to see Dixie or King K. Rool.
Not bad but as for king k rool hes sunk we believe those seals (the bosses) are the captains not king k rool but he could still get announced

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have three predictions for the next year! Let's see if I get at least one of them right:
  • Friday, January 10- King Dedede (Triple Deluxe)
  • Thursday, January 23/30- Ness, Sheik or Ice Climbers (Random Reveal)
  • Thursday, February 13- Diddy Kong (Tropical Freeze)

Staarih

Smash Master
^ Yeah, I think Dedede and Diddy Kong are pretty likely ones on those dates. I just noticed that the Ice Climbers will have their "birthday" late January, so that might also be an option if we think about anniversaries and such.

Newcomers are seemingly left for Directs or the sorts where the trailers can be efficiently showcased.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dedede is kind of a necessity for Triple Deluxe. I mean, we have two Kirby characters left to be announced before release. With characters like Ganondorf, the majority of Pokémon characters, and the FE characters they can always be revealed post-release, but Dedede and Meta Knight are musts to be revealed pre-release. Kirby isn't seeing any other releases other than Triple Deluxe in the near future, both Dedede and Meta Knight can't be revealed on random dates, and since Triple Deluxe puts Dedede in an important AND playable role it's obviously going to be him.

Sure Game Freak made Sakurai hold back on a Pokémon character for X & Y's release from what we can make out from the Japanese Xerneas picture quote, and sure 3D World didn't need a reveal, but Triple Deluxe could really benefit from a Smash Bros. character announcement. If Dedede isn't going to be announced with Triple Deluxe, then I'll finally be REALLY surprised.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
^ Yeah, I think Dedede and Diddy Kong are pretty likely ones on those dates. I just noticed that the Ice Climbers will have their "birthday" late January, so that might also be an option if we think about anniversaries and such.

Newcomers are seemingly left for Directs or the sorts where the trailers can be efficiently showcased.
I'm not convinced anniversaries are a thing, though.

D

Deleted member

I predict King Dedede, Meta Knight, or both will be revealed near Japan's release date for Kirby Triple Deluxe.
A predict a new year's surprise and a Sheik reveal!
But there won't be any Pics of the Day this week.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I predict King Dedede, Meta Knight, or both will be revealed near Japan's release date for Kirby Triple Deluxe.

But there won't be any Pics of the Day this week.
yeah i meant after the break

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We'd be lucky as hell to get more than one character around the same time. But I suppose that October and December are proof that it can happen.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I just noticed a strange pattern about reveals. So twice, 2 newcomers were revealed in one month, it's a pretty unusual thing, but I predicted how up coming ones like these will occur. Now lets look at the characters revealed so far, outside E3.
Olimar-1
Luigi-2
Peach-3
Toon Link
Sonic-1
Marth-2
Rosaluma-3
Zelda

Do you notice something, I sure do. If you notice every 3 reveals the next one after that is in the same month. So does this mean every three reveals we should expect another one the same month? discuss.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I just noticed a strange pattern about reveals. So twice, 2 newcomers were revealed in one month, it's a pretty unusual thing, but I predicted how up coming ones like these will occur. Now lets look at the characters revealed so far, outside E3.
Olimar-1
Luigi-2
Peach-3
Toon Link
Sonic-1
Marth-2
Rosaluma-3
Zelda

Do you notice something, I sure do. If you notice every 3 reveals the next one after that is in the same month. So does this mean every three reveals we should expect another one the same month? discuss.
I think you're over-analyzing.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If you really want to look into something, there's a world wide direct every two months. So far, every world direct has had a character reveal (Luigi, Sonic, Rosalina), and the next direct is set to be in February. I predict we get a character on that day. And, if it's not on the same day as DKCTF's release, we could get two characters in February. Diddy + whoever they reveal in the direct, if they do reveal someone.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The following could be potential guesses...

January: King Dedede (Kirby Triple Deluxe's release in Japan)
February: Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze release) or Dixie Kong (February Nintendo Direct)
Spring 2014: Yoshi or Wario (Mario Kart 8)
July: Ness (Mother Anniversary) or Bowser Jr. (July Nintendo Direct + Super Mario Sunshine Anniversary)
August: Ridley (August Nintendo Direct + NES Metroid Anniversary)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
In March I'm expecting 2 character reveals, mostly because there have been a lot of patterns of reveals, so it doesn't hurt to assume this might happen.

Staarih

Smash Master
Spring 2014: Yoshi or Wario (Mario Kart 8)
Wario for Mario Kart 8, sure, but Yoshi I think will be left for whenever Yoshi's New Island / Yarn Yoshi come out. Others I agree on. Maybe Ice Climbers late January, as that's when their "birthday" supposedly is (though it's pretty soon and would be two characters a month if (or when) we get the Kirby-character, not that it's unheard of though).

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
What about cranky kong as the next donkey kong character. As he is more recurring and more fun and more to offer than a female Diddy kong with a large ponytail

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What about cranky kong as the next donkey kong character. As he is more recurring and more fun and more to offer than a female Diddy kong with a large ponytail
Or....

We could just go with K.Rool.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I have to say I'm fine with every DK character we will get in February.

It would be awesome if we got a DK character for the Nintendo Direct in February and then late February we got another DK character confirmed because of DKC:TF.

However as we get newcomers only in NDs, this would mean we could get a newcomer before we get the last veteran left from the DK series(obviously Diddy).

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I think in E3, which will be June, we'll get 2 newcomers at the same time. Why? Well last E3 Sakurai revealed 3 newcomers, however we might be coming near the end for the newcomers and by E3 2014 he might have the last of them shown. Remember E3 is a huge event and I'm sure there will also be a playable demo of the game there too.

So hear's a prediction/wishlist:

January: Dedede on Triple Deluxe day
February: Diddy Kong on Tropical Freeze day
Spring: Wario on Mario Kart 8 day
Spring Continued: Random reveal
June: New trailer at E3 that shows us a ton of veterans and two nevecomers.

I think (in addition to reveals up to that point) at (and by) E3 we'll have:

Dedede
Diddy Kong
Wario
Yoshi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Meta Knight
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm not saying they will advertise GZ, but I'm trying to figure out a good date to reveal Snake, any suggestions?

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't know, I could see Snake (if he returns) being revealed in a Direct like Sonic, since people may expect him to come back anyway. E3 could be left for completely new faces.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't know, I could see Snake (if he returns) being revealed in a Direct like Sonic, since people may expect him to come back anyway. E3 could be left for completely new faces.
I agree, but I feel like Sakurai may reveal a slew of veterans in addition to the newcomers at E3.
To speed up announcements.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
With Snake, Sonic got a trailer as well. So I fully expect Snake to have a trailer as well.

So I'd be surprised to not see Snake shown off in a Nintendo Direct.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Well January 21st is the Smash series' 15th anniversary in Japan, so I'm guessing we'll get a trailer with a release date.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ooh Jan. 21 is Smash's 15th anniversary, we might get a newcomer. Or we'll just get nothing like with the 100th Miiverse Pic of the Day. But it is something worth celebrating though, so I think we might get some form of content, maybe a new design on the Smash Ball?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom