• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
By that logic, we should have gotten Ice Climbers ages ago.
while there was no clear message about a move from their moveset. Still Ice Climbers are another option too in order to show they manage technical problems on the 3DS. I did not say that Captain Falcon is the next random reveal, but he is an option I consider likely.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tomorrow may be Dedede.

:dedede:

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
From the thread I made.

January 10, 2014: King Dedede - Kirby Triple Deluxe will release in Japan on January 11, 2014

February 13, 2014: Diddy Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will release in Japan on the same day

Unconfirmed release dates
:

Mario Kart 8: Wario

Yoshi New Island: Yoshi

January/February Direct:
This is a pretty bold statement which probably won't be happen but Captain Falcon

E3 2014 Trailer:

Newcomers: Pac Man, Little Mac, Mii
Veteran: Falco, Ganondorf, Mewtwo (I guess he could be a newcomer as well), Pokemon Trainer, Ness, Lucas

Hyrule Warriors: Sheik

Bold statement: IF X releases before Smash Bros, than Shulk

Expect two characters a month from here on out. Get HYPED!
I don't know about that, if you look back at the reveal dates.

July: Olimar
August: Luigi
September: Peach, Toon Link
October: Sonic
November: Marth
December: Rosalina, Zelda

Only 2 of the 6 months that we got 2 confirmed new characters in the same month, I'll keep my expectations to 1 a month, hope to be wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Gonna post what i said before in a previous thread here.

King Dedede will most likely be revealed this Friday. I also feel like Ike (with his Radiant Dawn look) might be revealed to return once Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei is released. However, there is also the possibility of Chrom being revealed instead.

Since Nintendo likes to have directs almost every two months, then i expect Diddy Kong or perhaps even Dixie Kong (as a new character) to be revealed in February's direct as a promotion to Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

Something tells me Ganondorf will be revealed once Hyrule Warrios is released. Plus, i get the feeling he will also be playable in the game.

I feel like Wario will also be revealed when Mario Kart 8 is released, but i feel like he should have been revealed when Game and Wario was released.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So either tomorrow or Monday we get a Kirby Character.

I'd say King Dedede but Meta Knight is bound to have some role in triple deluxe anyway.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'll be kinda upset if we don't get Dedede tomorrow. It just makes too much sense to do it. Then again, so did Pokémon.

But, I'm still feeling like we'll get him. Moreso because we haven't had a January reveal so far, and Dedede is a somewhat hype character.

While he is a lock, it will still be nice to start moving on to some secondary characters. So like Wario, Meta Knight, Ike, Falco...

Staarih

Smash Master
If we don't get Dedede tomorrow I guess technically Monday is also an option for him as Triple Deluxe is released during the weekend. If tomorrow AND Monday give us nothing on him, then that's that. I'm thinking it will be tomorrow though, just for "promotion".

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'll be kinda upset if we don't get Dedede tomorrow. It just makes too much sense to do it. Then again, so did Pokémon.

But, I'm still feeling like we'll get him. Moreso because we haven't had a January reveal so far, and Dedede is a somewhat hype character.

While he is a lock, it will still be nice to start moving on to some secondary characters. So like Wario, Meta Knight, Ike, Falco...
However, Pokémon doesn't really need promotion. Pokémon editions always have sold that well. Putting in any character of the Pokémon series wouldn't have had that big impact. That's in my opinion the main reason why Sakurai did not promote Pokémon the way other games were promoted such as Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Fire Emblem: Awakening,...

I'm sure Sakurai will promote his series too by revealing any Kirby character, however most likely Dedede.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
However, Pokémon doesn't really need promotion. Pokémon editions always have sold that well. Putting in any character of the Pokémon series wouldn't have had that big impact. That's in my opinion the main reason why Sakurai did not promote Pokémon the way other games were promoted such as Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Fire Emblem: Awakening,...
Actually it was because Game Freak didn't let him show anything.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I'm sure Sakurai will promote his series too by revealing any Kirby character, however most likely Dedede.
Right. That's the other part of it. Considering it's a Kirby game, I can only assume that he'll be partial to it as far as revealing a character.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Really? I didn't hear something like this until now. Have you a source maybe?
I don't, but it was basically a better translation of the "We have nothing to announce regarding X/Y" comment. Apparently in the original post he said something about not being permitted to show anything.

I'll try to find it.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I don't, but it was basically a better translation of the "We have nothing to announce regarding X/Y" comment. Apparently in the original post he said something about not being permitted to show anything.

I'll try to find it.
If this is true, it's weird that they wouldn't even let him show off Jigglypuff.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Game Freak is a pretty strict company.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
From the thread I made.

January 10, 2014: King Dedede - Kirby Triple Deluxe will release in Japan on January 11, 2014

February 13, 2014: Diddy Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will release in Japan on the same day
Unconfirmed release dates:

Mario Kart 8: Wario

Yoshi New Island: Yoshi
January/February Direct: This is a pretty bold statement which probably won't be happen but Captain Falcon

E3 2014 Trailer:

Newcomers: Pac Man, Little Mac, Mii
Veteran: Falco, Ganondorf, Mewtwo (I guess he could be a newcomer as well), Pokemon Trainer, Ness, Lucas

Hyrule Warriors: Sheik

Bold statement: IF X releases before Smash Bros, than Shulk

I don't know about that, if you look back at the reveal dates.

July: Olimar
August: Luigi
September: Peach, Toon Link
October: Sonic
November: Marth
December: Rosalina, Zelda

Only 2 of the 6 months that we got 2 confirmed new characters in the same month, I'll keep my expectations to 1 a month, hope to be wrong though.
Very nice Meelow that pretty good

Just a question why is falco and ganondorf in the trailer section i mean mewtwo I can see getting a trailer

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
I think if the 10th's daily pic has anything to do with a Kirby game, MYYY guess is that it will be a new stage!!

There hasn't been any Kirby related stages shown yet, and I'm sure there's a good amount of stuff to choose from. A stage inspired by Triple Deluxe sounds like the obvious choice, but I'd love it if there was a stage from the Kirby games from back in the day- I always thought of the room right before you fight Dedede in Kirby's first game-

(Like this, with the two basic platforms, and occasionally hazards could come flying out from each of the doors)

Or an awesome boxing ring like this-

(Oh wait, this one already happened-- DEDEDE CONFIRMED!!!1!! ;D )

Last edited:

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Very nice Meelow that pretty good

Just a question why is falco and ganondorf in the trailer section i mean mewtwo I can see getting a trailer
Thanks!

I put Falco and Ganondorf in the E3 2014 trailer because I wouldn't know exactly what month they would confirm Falco, and I could see them showing off Ganondorf in the E3 trailer because there isn't any new Zelda releasing before E3 and Sheik just feels much better to announce alongside with Hyrule Warriors because of the way she is.

With how hyped people are for the return of Mewtwo, I could see the E3 2014 trailer have character trailer sections, ala Melee E3 2001 trailer and Megaman E3 2013 trailer.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think if the 10th's daily pic has anything to do with a Kirby game, MYYY guess is that it will be a new stage!!

There hasn't been any Kirby related stages shown yet, and I'm sure there's a good amount of stuff to choose from. A stage inspired by Triple Deluxe sounds like the obvious choice, but I'd love it if there was a stage from the Kirby games from back in the day- I always thought of the room right before you fight Dedede in Kirby's first game-

(Like this, with the two basic platforms, and occasionally hazards could come flying out from each of the doors)

Or an awesome boxing ring like this-

(Oh wait, this one already happened-- DEDEDE CONFIRMED!!!1!! ;D )

LOR STARCUTTER!

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I think basic starters that don't have a game releasing before Smash would just get put in the e3 trailer. Like Ice Climbers, ZSS, and Meta Knight. They could be announced for their anniversary like Peach though...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I think basic starters that don't have a game releasing before Smash would just get put in the e3 trailer. Like Ice Climbers, ZSS, and Meta Knight. They could be announced for their anniversary like Peach though...
As far as ZSS, Retro's new Metroid will likely be announced at E3. So that might coincide with her (or a potential Ridley) announcement.

EDIT: Surprise! Everyone was right! He's hawt.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
and now comes the question

...will there be anything between Dedede and Diddy.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
My guess would be a random veteran, probably one of little consequence like the Ice Climbers. Or Meta Knight, just to get him out of the way while staying the Kirby mood.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Good job lads. Next month, Diddy Kong!

Love the textures on Dedede's fuzzy coat and hat and sweater, the stitching on his gloves and his facial expressions.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Updated with the King!

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
So Dedede makes 21 characters.

If the game releases in November, that only leaves 10 months before release, or 31 revealed characters if he only choose to reveal 1 more a month until then. And he'd probably reveal 2 a month a few more times, with Nintendo Directs being the prime opportunities to reveal newcomers.

Based on this and all the arbitrary rules and assumptions I just made up, that'd be about 35 revealed characters before launch, and some are probably unlockable characters (Luigi, Toon Link, Sonic, Mega Man, Rosalina).

Starting roster = 30?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... There's currently just under half of Brawl's Roster in this game. The characters that are sure to come are any starter character from Melee and 64 left (Ice Climbers and Yoshi), alt formes, (Sheik & Zamus) and a few big Brawl Veterans. (Wario, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight) Ones to probably come are old unlockables (incidentally we currently have one from each of the old games [Luigi, Toon Link & Marth]) and the Brawl characters that were flavor of the month.

So that's at least 7 more to come but undoubtedly more given any newcomers. A startign roster of 30 is seeming likely unless Luigi and Toon Link turn out to be unlockable.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... There's currently just under half of Brawl's Roster in this game. The characters that are sure to come are any starter character from Melee and 64 left (Ice Climbers and Yoshi), alt formes, (Sheik & Zamus) and a few big Brawl Veterans. (Wario, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight) Ones to probably come are old unlockables (incidentally we currently have one from each of the old games [Luigi, Toon Link & Marth]) and the Brawl characters that were flavor of the month.

So that's at least 7 more to come but undoubtedly more given any newcomers. A startign roster of 30 is seeming likely unless Luigi and Toon Link turn out to be unlockable.
It seems you forgot about Sonic. Also considering the characters we know so far, I'm sure 3rd parties will again be unlockables. 21-2(Sonic, Mega Man)= 19 starters so far. However it was the only thing I wanted to point out as you got a few good points in your post.

There's something that you make clear Sakurai shows us most of the characters, also unlockables this time. I highly doubt that all 5 Super Mario characters will be starters while other series may have a few unlockables. This would look strange. wouldn't it?

However considering Sakurai may want to show us the whole roster, this would mean he had to increase the number of reveals per month at some point. A good opportunity would be after E3 this year in order to underline that we are getting closer to the release of SSB4.

D

Deleted member

We are on a roll with these reveals! I just wonder if we will get a second character this month…

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Nintendo told Sakurai to relate SSB4 veteran reveals with the releases of new games. Maybe Sakurai doesn't want to be as predictable as he is now due to the release dates of upcoming games most of the time linked to a veteran. It's just something I was thinking about recently. Without the release-linked reveals, we would have problems predicting a single character reveal for sure.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We are on a roll with these reveals! I just wonder if we will get a second character this month…
Well if we were to get one more reveal this month, I'd suspect it would most probably be the Ice Climbers but I'm not counting on it though. Just a gut feeling... :/

D

Deleted member

Well if we were to get one more reveal this month, I'd suspect it would most probably be the Ice Climbers but I'm not counting on it though. Just a gut feeling... :/
I'm hoping for Meta Knight, some other veteran, or a newcomer. Now that we are in 2014, one reveal in a month won't cut it in my opinion. I would also be heavily surprised if Smash gets no mention in an upcoming Nintendo Direct or we get nothing on January 21 (Smash's 15th Anniversary).

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
So Dedede makes 21 characters.

If the game releases in November, that only leaves 10 months before release, or 31 revealed characters if he only choose to reveal 1 more a month until then. And he'd probably reveal 2 a month a few more times, with Nintendo Directs being the prime opportunities to reveal newcomers.

Based on this and all the arbitrary rules and assumptions I just made up, that'd be about 35 revealed characters before launch, and some are probably unlockable characters (Luigi, Toon Link, Sonic, Mega Man, Rosalina).

Starting roster = 30?
I'm sorry I don't think Nintendo would be stupid enough to release one of thier biggest system sellers in November. Spring to early summer sounds more likely since Nintendo needs to sell Wii U's asap

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I don't think Nintendo would be stupid enough to release one of thier biggest system sellers in November. Spring to early summer sounds more likely since Nintendo needs to sell Wii U's asap
They need good titles and they will have good titles. Sakurai will release the game when it's finished. He'll work as fast as possible and still try to deliver an awesome game. However if Sakurai needs a few months more, he'll just go on and let us wait a few months more. The release says 2014. If he's able to release an high quality game in summer, he'll just do it. If the quality of the title isn't the way he wants it to be, he'll just work a few months more on the title.
Don't expect a spring to early summer release because it could be as well late summer to December 2014. We have no clear hint for the release and therefore you shouldn't expect a release early this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom