• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Kon

Smash Journeyman
After all, I found this week pretty weak especially because there wasn't that much new information. So I thought it would fit if the week were to end with something big, maybe even a character reveal as the release of the japanese version on the 3DS is getting closer.

What's interesting now is that this Friday there will be a Nintendo Direct with focus on 3DS games. We still have a bit more than 2 weeks until the japanese release. So it's time for more character reveals. A Direct would fit perfectly for another newcomer reveal with perhaps even few veterans being confirmed.

I don't think Metaknight was our last reveal before the release of the 3DS version of Smash Bros in Japan. Especially as Sakurai should be aware of the fact the roster will by then be known worldwide. So he can't keep the final roster hidden until the release in Europe, America and Australia. Therefore it makes sense to give us at least a last newcomer close to the japanese release.

Next up we have multiple options for reveals. There are leaked newcomers who could easily be shown, but Sakurai could also easily create some confusion by confirming a character who isn't in the leaked roster. As I keep thinking Sakurai is a troll he will probably show a character who is considered cut or not considered in the game as a newcomer.

Just give us a DK newcomer or Bandana Dee to create some confusion.

The only problem so far is that the Direct is as for now only announced for Japan. If we were to have a Direct in America and Europe too, I think we probably get a SSB4 newcomer.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We know the characters who are in the roster, but we don't know when they will be revealed. It's anyone's guess at this point. I can see Sakurai giving a curveball like Chorus Men or Mach Rider to cause some stir.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
We know the characters who are in the roster, but we don't know when they will be revealed. It's anyone's guess at this point. I can see Sakurai giving a curveball like Chorus Men or Mach Rider to cause some stir.
Do we know who's in the roster? We know this famous roster leak, but the videos only confirmed about 3 of the characters. Beside that, there is a possibility the roster is incomplete. We know the roster but is it the final roster? I would honestly love to see how Sakurai throws out a character trailer of a character nobody is really expecting anymore because of the leaks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There could always be characters not mentioned by any leaks, like Rosalina.

Were Lucina and Robin ever leaked before their reveal? I'm not sure, but I do know the Goldberg leak (which was proven false on the account of the deconfirmed Cranky Kong as well as "K. K. Lieder") mentioned them both after their reveal, and is the only leak to mention Fiora from Xenoblade and I think also Paper Mario, as an example.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Anyone in my sig would be amazing!
It would throw such a curve ball and would hype me up to the point of no return!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom