• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think some of the revealed characters could be unlockable, like Lucario, or Luigi.
Definitely possible. Sonic and Snake were revealed before brawl, and were unlockable. They were also 3rd party, which Sakurai stated was the reason for them being unlockable

by that logic, Sonic, Megaman, and PacMan will be unlockable this time around. But we don't know for sure. Sakurai changes things all the time.

It's highly probable we have some hidden characters announced already.

But that just adds even less room for major reveals, unless they are going to be starters. If we assume
Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, Lucario, Toon Link, and Luigi are hidden characters, then suddenly we have 27 starters and 6 hidden right now. We're probably going to get between what, 12 and 16 hidden characters? Throw in characters that are most likely returning that are hidden

Ganondorf, G&W, ROB, Jiggly, Ness, Falcon, Falco, Wolf

and the maybe not unlockable ones
Metaknight ice climbers wario

that's 30 starters, 14 hidden.
throw in gematsu, to hidden, thats 30 and 17.

That brings us to 47 characters, cutting Lucas, Snake, Squirtle, and Ivy.
You don't have much room after that. Throw in some favorites on top of that, Mewtwo, Ridley, K.Rool, Isaac,one or two of those if you're lucky.

So basically, any newcomer that isn't gematsu being announced is a huge boon at this point, and each vet we get announced before the games release potentially ups the roster size.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
There might be a character reveal tomorrow. It just seems like a good time for one, a month from E3 and all.

As for who... I'm betting Wario or Lucas.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I normally expect Wario, but this week only I thought it would be Snake because it was Metal Gear anniversary...though that's a big stretch and I pull whatever straws exist for a potential reveal.
Well, there is a Direct focused in thirds tomorrow, if we are going to get a veteran, I'd say Snake if he's in.
Like this. If tonight's PotD is fillerlicious, the hope of Snake being in that Direct will increase greatly for me.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't expect a veteran. It's not a worldwide Direct, is it? Those are the kinds of Directs that you should be looking out for.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Not sure if anyone heard this, but there will be a new character reveal trailer on July 14th.

This is the first time they are going to have a trailer without the need of a Nintendo Direct.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yep july 14th 7:00 am pacfic time its a lock for newcomer 10

And acorrding to sakurai hes almost out of newcomers to reveal so

Its either the 3 between 5 or 6 more newcomers

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

Well, Gematsu only had 3 left on it. I'm still holding out for Ridley though. I find it interesting it's early- maybe aimed at the US specifically? Riddles, plz.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Actually, he said he's almost out of videos, meaning the newcomers he will reveal before release. NOT necessarily newcomers total.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey guys hype train time

Because theres a countdown to this newcomer 10 on thr offical website

Can someone name the series that always has a countdown.

METROID

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've got a commercial shoot Monday wtf sakurai! Goddamit life! I'm so ****ing pissed! I've literally not gotten to watch a single reveal as it happened
tempted to call out

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I find it odd that this will be the fourth new character in a row without a veteran (unless we get one in Monday's trailer along with the newcomer).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, Sakurai himself just through the Reveal Prediction right out the window and onto the train track.
Unnexpected, much?

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, Sakurai himself just through the Reveal Prediction right out the window and onto the train track.
Unnexpected, much?
Nah, Sakurai being unpredictable is pretty much expected. Or should be at least. I don't know why we even try to predict anything anymore haha!

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Unnexpected, much?
I must be the only one.

I just ****ing predicted you Sakurai!! I expected Ike for surprise on May (my proof) and now you're going to surprise us with Chrom on Moday.

EDIT: Could be Shulk too... I'm not too sure which one, but definitely not Chorus men.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Anyone else think that the three gematsu newcomers left will be revealed in July, August and September, respectively?

You know, so all newcomer videos are out before release in Japan.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Why? That's such a random day to announce a newcomer. There's not even a direct. Next you're gonna be telling me that it might be Shulk.
Not sure if this comment is trying to be funny or if you haven't seen yet that Sakurai already announced a newcomer reveal for Monday on Miiverse.

Shulk is pretty likely. 3 Minutes however is what makes me wondering: Will we get ONE epic trailer with one newcomer reveal or multiple reveals(2 at best because 2x 1:30 for newcomer reveal trailer seems still possible)
Of course I don't want to get too high expectations for Monday as hints are already pointing towards Shulk. Probably we will only see one newcomer, but I'll be fine with this.

Next question: Sakurai is hinting at not many newcomers left to show. I wonder if this means that on Monday we'll see the last newcomer OR if perhaps he's just saying this as a side note. Maybe he even goes that far we get each month a newcomer, meaning another one in August and the last one in September.(before the japanese release)

Will we get a retro character? I'm somehow not sure about this. It's still possible, but in my opinion gets more and more unlikely.
Does Sakurai want to put Chrom in the roster? (maybe his choice will be Lucina or Robin)
A 3rd DK character? As far as it goes, I still hope we get one, but it's getting more and more unlikely.
Chorus men? Hard to tell. It's Sakurai, so anything is possible. Would be some of these odd choices, still I would be somehow ok with this.

Another question: Will there be any newcomer we won't see until the release of the 3DS version in Japan? So some sort of secret newcomer?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Shulk is pretty likely. 3 Minutes however is what makes me wondering: Will we get ONE epic trailer with one newcomer reveal or multiple reveals(2 at best because 2x 1:30 for newcomer reveal trailer seems still possible)
Of course I don't want to get too high expectations for Monday as hints are already pointing towards Shulk. Probably we will only see one newcomer, but I'll be fine with this.
3 minutes isn't that long, honestly. Palutena's trailer was 3 minutes long, and Rosalina's was 2:42, while Greninja was 2:27. It's on the higher end of the scale though, I agree.

It's very possible it's a single newcomer, and probably some extra info (who knows?)

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Not sure if this comment is trying to be funny or if you haven't seen yet that Sakurai already announced a newcomer reveal for Monday on Miiverse.

Next question: Sakurai is hinting at not many newcomers left to show. I wonder if this means that on Monday we'll see the last newcomer OR if perhaps he's just saying this as a side note. Maybe he even goes that far we get each month a newcomer, meaning another one in August and the last one in September.(before the japanese release)

Will we get a retro character? I'm somehow not sure about this. It's still possible, but in my opinion gets more and more unlikely.
Does Sakurai want to put Chrom in the roster? (maybe his choice will be Lucina or Robin)
A 3rd DK character? As far as it goes, I still hope we get one, but it's getting more and more unlikely.
Chorus men? Hard to tell. It's Sakurai, so anything is possible. Would be some of these odd choices, still I would be somehow ok with this.

Another question: Will there be any newcomer we won't see until the release of the 3DS version in Japan? So some sort of secret newcomer?
You went and did it. You went and told me it might be Shulk. I can't believe you right now.
I was just trying to be funny :p
#MonadoMonday

In all seriousness, I think it's just going to be one character. I'm telling myself that it won't be Shulk.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I love this video for several reasons.
1. The almighty Captain Falcon is back.
2. Chrom isn't playable.
3. Sal was wrong.
4. Everybody was expecting Shulk.

Did I mention, Sal was wrong?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
2. Chrom isn't playable.
3. Sal was wrong.

You forgot to mention how Sakurai kicked Sal away.

Chrom: "I suppose I'll get my chance another day..." xD

I also love how Captain Falcon looks like in the Awakening style. It just fits perfect.

At least I can look back and say: "I was right that there is a possibility of getting more than 1 newcomer." We got 2 newcomers so I'm perfectly fine with this^^

Of course I was wrong predicting Shulk, but honestly I really like the trailer as a Smash Bros fan and as a Fire Emblem fan.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
2. Chrom isn't playable.
3. Sal was wrong.

Wouldn't exactly say that Sal was wrong and you can't blame him entirely, after all he is just a messenger going in accord to what his tipper stated.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't exactly say that Sal was wrong and you can't blame him entirely, after all he is just a messenger going in accord to what his tipper stated.
It hurts Sal's credibility no matter how you try to turn things again in his favor.

It's a huge mistake predicting Chrom as a playable character when Lucina and Robin are confirmed as playable characters. It doesn't matter if it was his tipper or Sal himself, because he shared a "leak" which as of now isn't a leak anymore.

Let's be honest: Little Mac wasn't that difficult to predict, Mega Man wasn't neither. Pac-Man was at least the most likely Namco character to get in and Palutena was a likely choice for a 2nd Kid Icarus rep too. Predicting a Pokémon X/Y newcomer isn't that difficult neither. What did he or his tipper right? Wii Fit Trainer was indeed a very hard one to predict. The Animal Crossing villager wasn't that obvious neither. Miis were also a tricky one.
Beside that he skipped Rosalina & Luma because this newcomer was shown between his both statements as far as I can remember.

However predicting a character who is now 100% deconfirmed as a playable character is a huge mistake you can't try to find an excuse for.

Even if Shulk and Chorus Men were confirmed in the future, you couldn't say anymore Sal was 100% right (or his tipper was 100% right)

Closed Case.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
Well, after all it seems as if most of the characters were to be known until mid-August. So there we go. This means either many weekly reveals or some bigger reveals(in terms of more characters at once) in 2-4 weeks.

I think as for now we can only make random guesses. It all depends on who is considered likely to return and who is considered likely as a newcomer.

Now is the best time for random guesses as we can't depend on anything else anymore.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I really don't know what to believe at this point anymore, the Gematsu leak surely is questionable, however I think its best to wait and see what comes up within the next two months before jumping into conclusions on Sal's tipper's claims.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Well you know Shulk is still likely with or without the Sal leak. Only Chorus Men would have been interesting, but as for now I would place a huge questionmark behind.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well you know Shulk is still likely with or without the Sal leak. Only Chorus Men would have been interesting, but as for now I would place a huge questionmark behind.
The only thing that is possibly hinting the Chorus Kids is an enemy based on the Rhythm series seen within Smash Run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom