• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Pokémon Art Academy comes out tomorrow in Japan.

So maybe there is a very small chance that we can see Jigglypuff (and a %1 chance of Mewtwo) tomorrow or on Friday.

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't think we'll get anything special for Pokémon Art Academy, sadly. We never got anything for Pokémon Battle Trozei. Maybe a Pokéball Pokémon or something tops, but a character reveal seems too early now, let alone it being Jigglypuff, a character who has always been secret.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow, Sakurai broke Swampasaur.
Only thing I can logically think of is Ganondorf for Hyrule Warriors and a newcomer or Snake for the direct....

AND WE ALL KNOW HOW LOGIC WORKS!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I expect veterans and newcomers in the upcoming months, 3 of them will most likely appear soon..
1. Metaknight
2. Wario
3. Ice Climbers
4. Captain Falcon

1-3 of these newcomers in the upcoming months:
1. Chorus Men
2. Shulk
3. Chrom

But I'm not going to predict dates, because Sakurai can easily be a mixed bag and is bound to reveal a character at a random date.
The rest of the characters I didn't mention will probably be kept for post-release.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I expect veterans and newcomers in the upcoming months, 3 of them will most likely appear soon..
1. Metaknight
2. Wario
3. Ice Climbers
4. Captain Falcon
Those are probably the "random veterans" I would predict.
By that I mean if there were veterans that were revealed for little to know reason (like Marth, Ike, and Lucario to an extent).

1-3 of these newcomers in the upcoming months:
1. Chorus Men
2. Shulk
3. Chrom
I definitely wouldn't expect that many newcomers before release.
Maybe one in August.
And MAYBE another one in a launch trailer.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly, from here up until the 3DS version's Japanese release. I'd really only expect to see the remaining Brawl starters showing up as well as the token newcomer for August. :popo::lucas::wario::metaknight:

I can see Sakurai just revealing the remaining veterans randomly from this point on and even then we may have a curve ball thrown at us in one way or another (like Snake, Ness or Captain Falcon getting revealed instead or something.) so I don't blame Swamps for throwing the towel.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So... September 13th is the date to wait for. That's 86 days.

I guess the title should be updates to say we're in the final stretch or something.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I bet we only getting 1-2 character(s), each for a month and then we get the game released on Oct 3, 2014.

Or

I bet we are getting the 3 last characters each showing up on each month, July/August/September and then the game will be released on October 3. Making the roster only 36 characters. why?

well http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mega_man.html
look @ the bottom of that page, you will see 9 characters each section. there are 4 sections. which means 9x4=36 characters.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I bet we only getting 1-2 character(s), each for a month and then we get the game released on Oct 3, 2014.

Or

I bet we are getting the 3 last characters each showing up on each month, July/August/September and then the game will be released on October 3. Making the roster only 36 characters. why?

well http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mega_man.html
look @ the bottom of that page, you will see 9 characters each section. there are 4 sections. which means 9x4=36 characters.
The thing at the bottom of the screen means nothing.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I was going to add Chorus Men (based on Gematsu Leak) in the spoiler section for new-comers in the upcoming game releases thread and I kept seeing "Chorus Men" three times for August's Nintendo Direct.

Calling it right now: Chorus Men for August ND.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I heard one rumor that Falco woudl be revealed this week but I'm not sure if that's significant to certain dates in any way if true.

D

Deleted member

As oppose to a July direct, I was another Smash direct in August. It would make some sense because we just got an onslaught of general Nintendo news. Nintendo also really needs Smash 4 Wii U to push console sales, so having as much info as possible in one fell swoop would be the best hype builder. However that could also be an excuse to have one in November just before that version comes out. It could showcase any characters not revealed bu Sakurai himself before the 3DS version, and they could also show exclusive Wii U content like modes and more detailed Amiibo functionality. I could see it going either way, but the safest bet is to expect two vets and one newcomer before the 3DS version releases.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
While thinking about how many newcomers/veterans we may see before the release of the 3DS version, we should not forget that Smash Bros for 3DS is released in Japan on September 13th. So I would say any character reveal has to be before THAT date.

In general I expect a FE newcomer, a DK newcomer, maybe Shulk and Takamaru. However I see that because of the timetable we may only see 2 out of these 4 at maximum before the release of the 3DS version in Japan. Takamaru could easily be shown after release as he wouldn't create much more hype in my opinion. a DK newcomer(K.Rool, Dixie or Cranky) could get a certain attention, so I expect a pre-release reveal. Now with the FE newcomer, I'm not sure. There is a possibility Sakurai may show him before release as well as there is an option for a post-release reveal.
If I were to choose two newcomers out of these four I would go with Shulk and a DK newcomer.(most likely K.Rool)
Shulk is a good choice because Xenoblade Chronicles did so well in the west and a sequel is coming finally in 2015. K.Rool makes sense to create even more hype right before the release as he and Ridley are highly requested.

Another possibility would of course be to create trailers featuring two characters. (Shulk and Takamaru, Shulk or Tamaru and FE newcomer) Honestly I don't see something like this happen, but the possibility is given since the Greninja reveal trailer.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Considering we got the biggest and most requested announcements thus far:

Megaman - People were clamoring for him to get in.

Villager - Was intended to be in Brawl, but Sakurai didn't like the thought of him being violent. Got him to work and is one of the favorites.

Wii Fit Trainer - Not asked for by much fans, but got in to fit the "Strange" character role.

Mii Fighters - Some people wanted this and some people did not. I feel it was mainly added for the Mii verse community.

Palutena - Highly requested secondary Kid Icarus Uprising (Regular Kid Icarus) newcomer.

Pacman - A requested third party character that people expected to get in since Namco Bandai was helping Nintendo with the game.

We just need to keep our eyes peeled for:

Ridley
Shulk
King K. Rool
Chrom
Lucina
Isaac
Chorus Men/Kids

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I would add Robin to the list from FE:A(it's the avatar and it would make sense with all this customization and also with characters like villager and the miis, we know that some sort of avatar can get into the roster in SSB4)

I would also still keep Dixie in mind. I feel like K.Rool is more likely, but Dixie has still a realistic chance. (even Cranky has a realistic chance xD)

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe Wario this week? I dunno. Two posts about alternate costumes and then the Banners go down...suspicious.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Maybe Wario this week? I dunno. Two posts about alternate costumes and then the Banners go down...suspicious.
That would be sweet. I miss seeing Wario. Especially since I bought Super Mario Land 2 and 3 recently on virtual console.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, Olimar was the first veteran revealed after E3 2013, the game's first announcement. That was almost exactly a month after E3. If we treat that one event as a pattern, we'll get a vet reveal ~next friday.

But this is Sakurai, so we'll get alternate costumes for another few weeks.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well, Olimar was the first veteran revealed after E3 2013, the game's first announcement. That was almost exactly a month after E3. If we treat that one event as a pattern, we'll get a vet reveal ~next friday.

But this is Sakurai, so we'll get alternate costumes for another few weeks.
I guess waiting another week isn't too bad. But we also should consider the game launches 9/16, with Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, and Lucas previously starters. Those four (or three if you believe/don't want but have come to terms with Lucas getting the cut according to the gematsu leak) should/would be revealed before the game to give us the default, starting line up. Take that as you will.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I guess waiting another week isn't too bad. But we also should consider the game launches 9/16, with Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, and Lucas previously starters. Those four (or three if you believe/don't want but have come to terms with Lucas getting the cut according to the gematsu leak) should/would be revealed before the game to give us the default, starting line up. Take that as you will.
Unless there are different hidden characters this time around. We already have 2/3 kirby characters. Meta knight may have been changed to hidden character.

falcon and ness were starters in melee, but not in 64/brawl. these statuses change.

I'm assuming gematsu is correct at this point, so lucas would be a no show.

I could even see wario getting hidden character status. We already have 33 characters revealed. even assuming 50 characters, it's not so difficult to imagine ~15 hidden characters. there were 16 for brawl, after all.

We might only be seeing 2/3 of IC/Wario/MK before the release, if not 1/3. Maybe more newcomers, maybe not.

There isn't a lot of room left for major reveals at this point.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It's safe to say there will be at least one last newcomer reveal before launch. Someone hype-inducing, someone big, someone like Ridley.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Unless there are different hidden characters this time around. We already have 2/3 kirby characters. Meta knight may have been changed to hidden character.

falcon and ness were starters in melee, but not in 64/brawl. these statuses change.

I'm assuming gematsu is correct at this point, so lucas would be a no show.

I could even see wario getting hidden character status. We already have 33 characters revealed. even assuming 50 characters, it's not so difficult to imagine ~15 hidden characters. there were 16 for brawl, after all.

We might only be seeing 2/3 of IC/Wario/MK before the release, if not 1/3. Maybe more newcomers, maybe not.

There isn't a lot of room left for major reveals at this point.
I think some of the revealed characters could be unlockable, like Lucario, or Luigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom