• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Yea I know that. I thought you meant an Earthbound stage exists in the game (And I thought I was missing out on something)

I really don't see Mewtwo returning. And it's unlikely Nintendo will let Pokemon have more reps than Mario (Main mascot ._.)
Even if Mewtwo is in he might just be a secret unlockable too
They had more reps in Brawl

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Are you counting Pkmn trainer as 3?
Sakurai did consider him as 3.

Could see Pokemon getting one rep down and one slot up this time because Pokemon Trainer might be asking for too much programming resources than needed just for one slot. The transformation mechanic is gone presumably because of it.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Sakurai did consider him as 3.

Could see Pokemon getting one rep down and one slot up this time because Pokemon Trainer might be asking for too much programming resources than needed just for one slot. The transformation mechanic is gone presumably because of it.
Oh ok
But I could see Ivysaur and Squirtle being dropped becuz of that

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
They're included when you count to 39, so yes. If you're really going to consider PT 1 instead of 3 while Sheik or Zamus are nothing than I'll be saying "oh my goodness."

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little bit disappointed we got no Wario on Friday. It was the sole thing we could truly try to predict at least.

Now, all we have is guesses for the upcoming weeks and months. (so far)

Who do you predict for E3?
Many veterans? Many newcomers?

I'll be honest: I expect around 3-5 veterans. Captain Falcon is a safe guess in my opinion, same goes for the Ice Climbers. Falco is also a good possibility. Other options I can imagine are Ness, Wario and Meta Knight.
I think Ganondorf will be a reveal outside the E3(even with Zelda U being revealed at E3). Wolf, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Mr.Game&Watch and R.O.B. are in my opinion also more likely to be revealed after the E3 around the pre-release time or even kept hidden until the release of the 3DS version.

Next I expect of course a few newcomers, 2-3 seem to me possible.
In general I expect for SSB4 a DK newcomer and a FE newcomer. Palutena, Ridley and Takamaru seem also likely for SSB4(except maybe Ridley already being teasered as a stage boss). Beside these I feel like Shulk at least is a possibility as Monolith Soft is a 1st Party developer and so far has no representation in SSB4. So I'll just go with all of them in order to stay a chance of having at least 1-2 right xD

Another question is the following: Can we expect to know all the characters for the time when SSB3DS is going to be released OR will there be characters who will only be available after the WiiU version got released in order to not spoil the whole roster in advance? There could be some sort of free DLC for the 3DS version with the missing characters, however I don't know how the owners of the 3DS version would think about such a treatment.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little bit disappointed we got no Wario on Friday. It was the sole thing we could truly try to predict at least.

Now, all we have is guesses for the upcoming weeks and months. (so far)

Who do you predict for E3?
Many veterans? Many newcomers?

I'll be honest: I expect around 3-5 veterans. Captain Falcon is a safe guess in my opinion, same goes for the Ice Climbers. Falco is also a good possibility. Other options I can imagine are Ness, Wario and Meta Knight.
I think Ganondorf will be a reveal outside the E3(even with Zelda U being revealed at E3). Wolf, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Mr.Game&Watch and R.O.B. are in my opinion also more likely to be revealed after the E3 around the pre-release time or even kept hidden until the release of the 3DS version.

Next I expect of course a few newcomers, 2-3 seem to me possible.
In general I expect for SSB4 a DK newcomer and a FE newcomer. Palutena, Ridley and Takamaru seem also likely for SSB4(except maybe Ridley already being teasered as a stage boss). Beside these I feel like Shulk at least is a possibility as Monolith Soft is a 1st Party developer and so far has no representation in SSB4. So I'll just go with all of them in order to stay a chance of having at least 1-2 right xD

Another question is the following: Can we expect to know all the characters for the time when SSB3DS is going to be released OR will there be characters who will only be available after the WiiU version got released in order to not spoil the whole roster in advance? There could be some sort of free DLC for the 3DS version with the missing characters, however I don't know how the owners of the 3DS version would think about such a treatment.
so far, whatever we expected, didn't happen, something random happened,
Example: Ike being shown on May 29th, just why that particular date does Ike get revealed. lol
Sakurai could've saved Ike for this Friday, June 6 for "pre-hype" e3 or Ike isn't even being used @ the demo or SSB invitational tournament. So why show Ike?
why didn't Sakurai show diddy kong when tropical island released? instead he showed Little Mac?

So maybe samething happened here, on May 29th everyone guessing Wario cuz of Mario kart instead he showed Ike?

I don't know just throwing another possibility of Sakurai "Supriseness+Randomness" lol

I feel like his trying to avoid everyone expectation to be true as much as possible. The Nintendo Direct showing a similar shadow of Mewtwo for Greninja Reveal. The Ridley Boss, he hides it? why not show it to us and get it over with. Why is he hiding Ridley, a character that many fans demand to add in SSB as playable.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
so far, whatever we expected, didn't happen, something random happened,
Example: Ike being shown on May 29th, just why that particular date does Ike get revealed. lol
Sakurai could've saved Ike for this Friday, June 6 for "pre-hype" e3 or Ike isn't even being used @ the demo or SSB invitational tournament. So why show Ike?
why didn't Sakurai show diddy kong when tropical island released? instead he showed Little Mac?

So maybe samething happened here, on May 29th everyone guessing Wario cuz of Mario kart instead he showed Ike?
Ike wasn't shown on May 29th, but on May 23rd. So this isn't the same case. He showed Ike a week before Mario Kart 8 release, therefore Wario would still have been possible. However I now think I understand why he didn't promote Mario Kart 8.

I have at least an explanation for why Mario Golf, Mario Party and Mario Kart were completely by Sakurai: It seems he doesn't matter about any spinoff, even a big one like Mario Kart with general success. Of course there are also other games which have been ignored in the past (eg: Game&Wario, Wonderful 101, ...) At least we can be sure Sakurai doesn't matter about spinoffs, so probably no character reveal for a game like Hyrule Warriors. Is there a single spinoff he has promoted with a picture of the day? I can't think of any.

I don't know just throwing another possibility of Sakurai "Supriseness+Randomness" lol

I feel like his trying to avoid everyone expectation to be true as much as possible. The Nintendo Direct showing a similar shadow of Mewtwo for Greninja Reveal. The Ridley Boss, he hides it? why not show it to us and get it over with. Why is he hiding Ridley, a character that many fans demand to add in SSB as playable.
It is really strange to make so many hints for Ridley being a boss but then again, these are only hints, no clear evidence. That's the reason why people, myself included, at least keep the possibility in mind Sakurai may just show is trolling skills.

I'm really excited to see how the trailer for this year's E3 will look like. Last year he had to show us the first pictures/scenes from the
game(3DS and WiiU version) and therefore he couldn't just throw out the newcomers. The question is: Will he give us a trailer more like the E3 one(which revealed the Villager, but the Villager wasn't the main focus of the trailer after all and of course the Mega Man announcement after the official trailer was far more mindblowing) or will he just give us newcomer trailers like in the directs? Another question: May we get again a character reveal at E3(not in the Digital Event itself, but from the gamesfloor just as he did last year with the Wii Fit trainer)?

Btw I feel pretty sure we will get a DK newcomer at E3, because we only saw a returning stage from the DK series (on the 3DS version) and therefore DK stages are still missing. The right question could be: Why are new DK stages missing? Well I have an answer: What if the stage were an obvious hint for a certain character? We have almost two possible DK newcomer, maybe three. (King K.Rool, Dixie and maybe Cranky)

The stage could be about the robot Island machine thing from DK64 which would almost speak for King K.Rool after all. Or the stage(s) could be about DKC:TF and/or DKCR. DKCR of course wouldn't really push the chances of any character, because even for Cranky this would almost have no clear affect. However a DKC:TF stage would be a sign for taking DKC:TF into account and therefore opening the possibility for Dixie getting in(or maybe Cranky)
So I feel we get a DK stage with the DK newcomer and therefore we haven't seen a new DK stage yet.

Oh btw: Do you think the stage reveal today will affect who we'll see at E3? Because the FE stage could boost Robin(avatar) and Chrom/Lucina, but this is of course as always pure speculation.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just one last picture before tuesday then we made it to E3

Veterans possible

Most likely

:metaknight:
:wario:
:mewtwopm:
:popo:
:falcon:
:ness2:
"All of the others not revealed yet"
Least likely

Newcomers

Most likely

Pac-man/mii (not together just tied)
Ridley
WTF character
King k rool
Palutena

Least likely

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I have that feeling that Mew2 won't be in the game :/
I think Ness, Captain Falcon and Ice Climbers (and maybe Meta Knight if he isn't at E3) will be unlockables

Here's my guesses

Veterans (arranged in the likelihood they will show up)
:gw:
to a lesser extent the unlockables (:rob::falco::ness2::wolf::jigglypuff::falcon:)

Newcomers
1. Palutena
2. Pacman
3. The WFT/WTF character (eg Chorus men maybe to promote a possible new rhythm heaven game)
4. Mii (Usable against friends only)
5. FE character (Lucina or Chrom)

Lesser extent
Ridley
K Rool

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I have that feeling that Mew2 won't be in the game :/
I think Ness, Captain Falcon and Ice Climbers (and maybe Meta Knight if he isn't at E3) will be unlockables

Here's my guesses

Veterans (arranged in the likelihood they will show up)
:rob:
:gw:
to a lesser extent the unlockables (:falco::ness2::wolf::jigglypuff::falcon:)

Newcomers
1. Palutena
2. Pacman
3. The WFT/WTF character (eg Chorus men maybe to promote a possible new rhythm heaven game)
4. Mii (Usable against friends only)

Lesser extent
Ridley
K Rool
Really?

You think R.O.B will be shown at E3

How come?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
With today's reveal, a Fire Emblem newcomer seems like a more plausible reveal for E3. I guess it's just a question of who that newcomer is. Probably Chrom, but I could see it being someone else.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I love the thread tagline. "Get hyped for E3" huh? That's like the equivalent of putting a bowl full of candy in front of a child and you having to actually tell them to eat it. :awesome:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
With today's reveal, a Fire Emblem newcomer seems like a more plausible reveal for E3. I guess it's just a question of who that newcomer is. Probably Chrom, but I could see it being someone else.
I can see it being Lucina
Sakurai secretly wants more female characters in the game :laugh:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I think we already reached our WTF character with WFT. (Funny how she even plays coy with that acronym.) I want to believe we may get another one but the running pattern seems to be one retro character and one WTF.

Ness and Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers and Mr G&W
Pit and ROB
Little Mac and WFT

He may put more Retro characters in but as far as the crazy left field one, we do have one.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I think we already reached our WTF character with WFT. (Funny how she even plays coy with that acronym.) I want to believe we may get another one but the running pattern seems to be one retro character and one WTF.

Ness and Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers and Mr G&W
Pit and ROB
Little Mac and WFT

He may put more Retro characters in but as far as the crazy left field one, we do have one.
Ness and Captain Falcon? (which is retro and wtf character respectively?)

We need something more retro than Mac lol (He got a wii game can't rmb when)
Little Mac is the Japanese's WTF character lol :troll:

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Ness and Captain Falcon? (which is retro and wtf character respectively?)

We need something more retro than Mac lol (He got a wii game can't rmb when)
Little Mac is the Japanese's WTF character lol :troll:
They could both go either way, seeing as how neither of them skipped a generation when joining SSB but were relatively unpopular at the time to be considered WTF. The way I see it is Ness was retro since his one game sold poorly and got nasty reviews, making any exposure limited while Captain was the WTF since we actually had a complete move set made for him in the game much like ROB or WFT. Its debatable to say they are but it really does seem that way to me at least.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Ike wasn't shown on May 29th, but on May 23rd. So this isn't the same case. He showed Ike a week before Mario Kart 8 release, therefore Wario would still have been possible. However I now think I understand why he didn't promote Mario Kart 8.

I have at least an explanation for why Mario Golf, Mario Party and Mario Kart were completely by Sakurai: It seems he doesn't matter about any spinoff, even a big one like Mario Kart with general success. Of course there are also other games which have been ignored in the past (eg: Game&Wario, Wonderful 101, ...) At least we can be sure Sakurai doesn't matter about spinoffs, so probably no character reveal for a game like Hyrule Warriors. Is there a single spinoff he has promoted with a picture of the day? I can't think of any.

It is really strange to make so many hints for Ridley being a boss but then again, these are only hints, no clear evidence. That's the reason why people, myself included, at least keep the possibility in mind Sakurai may just show is trolling skills.

I'm really excited to see how the trailer for this year's E3 will look like. Last year he had to show us the first pictures/scenes from the
game(3DS and WiiU version) and therefore he couldn't just throw out the newcomers. The question is: Will he give us a trailer more like the E3 one(which revealed the Villager, but the Villager wasn't the main focus of the trailer after all and of course the Mega Man announcement after the official trailer was far more mindblowing) or will he just give us newcomer trailers like in the directs? Another question: May we get again a character reveal at E3(not in the Digital Event itself, but from the gamesfloor just as he did last year with the Wii Fit trainer)?

Btw I feel pretty sure we will get a DK newcomer at E3, because we only saw a returning stage from the DK series (on the 3DS version) and therefore DK stages are still missing. The right question could be: Why are new DK stages missing? Well I have an answer: What if the stage were an obvious hint for a certain character? We have almost two possible DK newcomer, maybe three. (King K.Rool, Dixie and maybe Cranky)

The stage could be about the robot Island machine thing from DK64 which would almost speak for King K.Rool after all. Or the stage(s) could be about DKC:TF and/or DKCR. DKCR of course wouldn't really push the chances of any character, because even for Cranky this would almost have no clear affect. However a DKC:TF stage would be a sign for taking DKC:TF into account and therefore opening the possibility for Dixie getting in(or maybe Cranky)
So I feel we get a DK stage with the DK newcomer and therefore we haven't seen a new DK stage yet.

Oh btw: Do you think the stage reveal today will affect who we'll see at E3? Because the FE stage could boost Robin(avatar) and Chrom/Lucina, but this is of course as always pure speculation.
I could see Chrom having a "Villager" like trailer. Especially if he wasn't unique in a way like Mac is with his power meter.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I could see Chrom having a "Villager" like trailer. Especially if he wasn't unique in a way like Mac is with his power meter.
tell me what Sakurai sees?
answer: I wish I could
XD

looks like everyone is expecting Chrom, 3 days left.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
At this point, I'm expecting Ridley and Pac-Man in a trailer during the E3 Direct. Possibly Mewtwo. Although knowing Nintendo, we'll probably get Miis, and they'll be confused when we aren't excited.

I think any veterans we get would be in another developer direct like we had before, and they would show :wario:, :metaknight:, :popo:, or :lucas:.

Everyone freaking out about :ness2:or :falcon: should not worry about their inclusion on the roster.. but I highly doubt they'd show them until after release.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I'm expecting Ridley and Pac-Man in a trailer during the E3 Direct. Possibly Mewtwo. Although knowing Nintendo, we'll probably get Miis, and they'll be confused when we aren't excited.

I think any veterans we get would be in another developer direct like we had before, and they would show :wario:, :metaknight:, :popo:, or :lucas:.

Everyone freaking out about :ness2:or :falcon: should not worry about their inclusion on the roster.. but I highly doubt they'd show them until after release.
dude Captain Falcon is like in 100%!, Samurai Goroh is in as Assist and how Sakurai gives an example about how difficult it is to work on Captain Falcon's move in an interview.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Thinking 3 newcomers spread across three trailers.

Expecting Pac-Man as one of them. I'd also like to see Chorus Men and Palutena. Palutena gets her trailer first, followed by Pac-Man. Chorus Men comes later on the floor akin to WFT.

(Plus this pretty much confirms Gematsu leak so we soft confirm Chrom, Mii and Shulk as well)

Anything else is pure bonus.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even though the banner on the official Smash site has slowly been losing its meaning, I'm surprised the banner hasn't disappeared yet especially since E3 is only a couple days away.

But regardless, Sakurai would have to be a total fool to NOT reveal any more characters at E3.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
dude Captain Falcon is like in 100%!, Samurai Goroh is in as Assist and how Sakurai gives an example about how difficult it is to work on Captain Falcon's move in an interview.
I think you read what I wrote wrong. I just meant I don't think they'd show him until after the game is out.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Veterans:
  • Captain Falcon will be revealed at the end of the invitational.
  • Wario
  • Ness
  • JiggilyPuff
  • Ganondorf
  • MetaKnight
Newcomers:
  • Mii
  • Pac-Man
  • Chrom/Robin
  • Ridley
  • Personal Pick: Bandana Dee reveal with Meta Knight like how Greninja and Charizard were in the same trailer.
Everyone else is kept as secret as possible until 3DS launch.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Man. This week has just been dragging on, all due to hype of course. However, I'm just going to take note of everyone's predictions, and maybe throw some veteran predictions in here, because we all know those newcomer predictions have been absolutely abysmal for this entire game's hype-life. Just...uh...ignore my signature.

I'm thinking we'll see Captain Falcon, Falco, Meta Knight and Wario. If we don't get Wario or Meta Knight revealed, I'm just gonna be like "what?"

If there is actually a new Starfox in the works, who knows, maybe they could show Falco for it. I just wanted to be different honestly. I have no idea who they'll show, but I'll welcome any and all of them.
Except for Jigglypuff...

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Giving it some thought, i think 3 newcomers and 5 veterans for E3 is the most likely breakdown for E3 reveals. So my guesses are:

Newcomers:

Palutena
Chrom
Mike Jones

Veterans:

Wario
Captain Falcon
Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Ganondorf

I have no doubt in my mind that Palutena is in the game, it's just a matter of when she will be revealed. I think Fire Emblem is due for a third rep, but I don't have complete confidence that it's Chrom. It could be Robin. As for Mike Jones, according to Johnny Yong Bosch's IMDb page, he is voicing him in Smash Bros. Wii U. It could just be an assist trophy, but I'm willing to gamble on him being playable.

Wario is pretty much a lock. I think he's sort of like Yoshi in that it's so obvious he is coming back, so we wonder why it's taking them so long to confirm it. Captain Falcon is really iconic to the series, more so than Ness and Jigglypuff, I think. Meta Knight because Sakurai. With the Polar Bears in Smash Run, I'm willing to bet the Ice Climbers are coming back, and they've finally worked out whatever technical problems they've had with the 3DS. Lastly, Ganondorf as my more risky pick among the veterans, because I think many people expect to see other characters confirmed before him. I just think with Hyrule Warriors being a thing, and the new Zelda Wii U game also being shown at E3, it might make sense to put a Zelda rep in their Smash presentation.

Edit: Changing my vote to Mike Jones based on new evidence.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Thinking 3 newcomers spread across three trailers.

Expecting Pac-Man as one of them. I'd also like to see Chorus Men and Palutena. Palutena gets her trailer first, followed by Pac-Man. Chorus Men comes later on the floor akin to WFT.

(Plus this pretty much confirms Gematsu leak so we soft confirm Chrom, Mii and Shulk as well)

Anything else is pure bonus.
Really hope that turns out to a fake one, we can easily do without a handful of those people.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
This is where my mind is right now: I predict a slew of veterans, and maybe 3 newcomers at best. Here's a list of the possible candidates.

Veteran Possibilities:
  • Ness/Lucas (hopefully Lucas)
  • Meta Knight
  • Ice Climbers
  • Wario
  • Snake
  • Mewtwo
  • Maaaaaaaaybe Captain Falcon
Newcomer Possibilities:
  • Palutena
  • Mii
  • Pac-Man
  • Shulk
  • Ridley

I will say anywhere between 6-10 Reveals.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
During the E3...
Sakurai: A moveset from Captain Falcon was really hard, so we decided to add him as an AT instead.:troll:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It follows the same logic of including Toon Link saying he wants unique characters.
The difference is he didn't merely "include" Toon Link, he brought Toon Link back. Sakurai was stating he wanted to add characters that would bring something new to the franchise, but that wasn't in regards to old characters whatsoever.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
The difference is he didn't merely "include" Toon Link, he brought Toon Link back. Sakurai was stating he wanted to add characters that would bring something new to the franchise, but that wasn't in regards to old characters whatsoever.
Clearly not, which still upsets plenty of people. (Not hating on his supporters but yeah, he was the cloneliest of the clones.)

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Clearly not, which still upsets plenty of people. (Not hating on his supporters but yeah, he was the cloneliest of the clones.)
I beg to differ.
I really like Toon Link's unique wind waker design incorporated into his moves (with the cartoon-y bomb explosions and stuff)

I think Dr Mario/Roy was more clone-y :/
EDIT: At least it's a better idea than Young Link. More obvious design differences

Last edited:

GloriousV

Smash Cadet
Predicting Nintendo is pretty difficult but Ill give it a shot.

For E3 we will be getting 3 newcomers, that balance worked last year so they might keep it.

First Newcomer: Mii

At first I was skeptical about their inclusion, but now I think is a very likely thing to happen. I believe the Miis will be revealed early or off to the side like WFT. The reason for this is because Miis are more like a cool gimmick than an actual character from a series.

Second Newcomer: Shulk

I think when the direct ends we will be getting a trailer like the one with Villager and Megaman. Shulk will be in the first part of that trailer. The reason why he would work for a reveal even if he isn't super well known, is because Shulk is good eye candy. The people who know him will be "OMG SHULK HYPEEEE!!!!" while the people who don't will be like "Huh? Who is this? Sha..Shuulk? Oh Wow! he looks pretty cool actually".

Third Newcomer: Mewtwo

After the Shulk trailer ends we get a new challenger warning just like we did with Megaman and we will finally get Mewtwo back. I know Mewtwo isn't exactly a newcomer, but he has been gone for so long that he might as well be treated like one. The reason I believe Mewtwo will be shown is because he is a HYPE MACHINE, the smash community and people outside the community have been waiting so long for this character to return and when we finally get him the HYPE won't be contained.

As for the veterans I think we will get 2.

First Veteran: Meta-Knight

Nintendo has been lately catering to the Smash competitive scene. They must have been aware of how OP Meta-Knight was competively in Brawl so they will show how they have balanced him for Smash 4. I believe he will be revealed in the Invitational because that's where a lot of people interested in the competitive scene will be at.

Second Veteran: Captain Falcon

There is not much to say, he is an icon of Smash Bros. and a lot of people want hear that "FAALCON PUUUUUNCH!"

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I beg to differ.
I really like Toon Link's unique wind waker design incorporated into his moves (with the cartoon-y bomb explosions and stuff)

I think Dr Mario/Roy was more clone-y :/
EDIT: At least it's a better idea than Young Link. More obvious design differences
Different look but had all the same moves. It was a great step to having a totally unique take towards Link but somehow it only stayed as a visual and not so much moveset. I wish they had actually completed making him different really, maybe a mod can fix that since Sakurai chose not to though. Much like Ike's blue flames.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
So, we've got one update before E3 (two if you count the inevitable "watch the Nintendo Event" reminder on Tuesday).
This makes it seem so close.

I doubt Monday will bring us anything terribly exciting, but perhaps Sakurai will strike when we least expect it and hit us with Veteran (I sincerely doubt it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom