• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
^lol your shortening of @Smashoperatingbuddy123 makes it seem like you were calling him something else. Made me chuckle.

So glad to see Ike is back. Another random reveal that we couldn't have predicted. But that doesn't even matter, because WE LIKE IKE.

The only other reveal I see happening before E3 is Wario, which I feel like is going to happen simply because he's Wario. Then again, it's not a Wario game, so it's also possible it doesn't happen. We'll just have to wait and see. But today is a good day. A great character returns, and the site crashed because of it. This might be the most exciting veteran reveal yet.
Wario has been a shoe in since waluigi appeared in the video with a wario W as his game series logo rather than a mushroom kingdom shroom. Which is amazing as waluigi has never appeared in wario ware or wario land.

Also, Ike looks awesome.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
There were three Landmasters in Brawl as well. Also, please explain to me why the 6 slot argument is garbage.
"Garbage," perhaps, is not the best word. "Baseless" is probably better. It seems to be an arbitrary rule that Smash fans have created. Not saying it isn't an actual rule, it's just that without official confirmation of it it is very pointless to argue using it.

Topic:
Sakurai is one unpredictable dickens. But finally the people that insisted Ike was cut can shut up.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Wario has been a shoe in since waluigi appeared in the video with a wario W as his game series logo rather than a mushroom kingdom shroom. Which is amazing as waluigi has never appeared in wario ware or wario land.

Also, Ike looks awesome.
So that means we're getting a Pilotwings character, as well as Balloon Fighter and couple others?

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
No; Animal Crossing and Electroplankton had icons in Brawl, but no characters.
Than who knows if they cut Wario for whatever reason. (I highly doubt it but you never know, even a little girl can persuade Sakurai to change things apparently..)

Then again I'm a firm believer in the saying: "until its confirmed, do not believe anything you read/hear." Rockband has long proven so many false hopes its not even funny.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Than who knows if they cut Wario for whatever reason. (I highly doubt it but you never know, even a little girl can persuade Sakurai to change things apparently..)

Then again I'm a firm believer in the saying: "until its confirmed, do not believe anything you read/hear." Rockband has long proven so many false hopes its not even funny.
Wait, what about a little girl?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, with E3 right around the corner, who do we think are the most likely reveals for that event? That goes for both veterans and newcomers.

Personally, I think any unrevealed starter character has a good chance of being revealed if they aren't cut. That means Wario, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, and Lucas, I believe. I'd actually be really surprised if they didn't take an opportunity like E3 to reveal Meta Knight, in particular. He seems like an ideal veteran to reveal for such an occasion. Aside from just starters, I do think this is the best time for them to reveal Snake if he's still in. If he isn't revealed... Well, that's a real shame... Also, this would be a good time to reveal Mewtwo if he's returning.

Newcomers are a little harder to predict, I think. There are a number of popular newcomer choices they could potentially reveal, like King K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, and the like, so it's hard to say which ones they'd choose. Though I will say this; if Miis or Pac-Man are in the game, E3 is the time to reveal them. I do think they'll be shown off if they're in.

So what do you all think?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
The only other reveal I see happening before E3 is Wario, which I feel like is going to happen simply because he's Wario. Then again, it's not a Wario game, so it's also possible it doesn't happen. We'll just have to wait and see. But today is a good day. A great character returns, and the site crashed because of it. This might be the most exciting veteran reveal yet.
Come on! While Mario Kart is no "Wario" game, you certainly agree with me that Wario is linked to his bike, especially because of the WarioWare series. Now what vehicle returns in MK8? Right, the bike(s). It's so obvious that I just can't imagine Sakurai to not show Wario with his Wario bike joining the battle.

Also the reveal time would be perfect. We got Ike this Friday, next Friday we probably get Wario. And then one week without a reveal before Sakurai drops the bomb at E3! Fits just way too perfect, doesn't it? That's at least what I'll continue to predict until E3.

As for now, we have two main opinions:
1) We got Ike, there will be no Wario next week and no other veteran reveal before E3.

2) We got Ike but this doesn't hurt Wario's chances at all as he is the only character from the roster still able to promote Mario Kart 8. (which is of course the other key game beside Smash Bros to help the WiiU sales)

Wario had already so many chances for a reveal(Game&Wario, GBA games at Virtual Console, Mario Party: Island Tour, Mario Golf: World Tour,...) and now there is nothing else left Wario could be used for except Mario Kart 8. There is no way he were one of the characters to be cut from Brawl to SSB4. I think almost everyone will agree that Wario has to stay in the roster. After all the only choice Sakurai can make is either reveal Wario randomly just as he did with Ike or either reveal him with Mario Kart 8 (as no other game starring Wario is known to be released this year) or Sakurai were to make him an unlockable character.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Come on! While Mario Kart is no "Wario" game, you certainly agree with me that Wario is linked to his bike, especially because of the WarioWare series. Now what vehicle returns in MK8? Right, the bike(s). It's so obvious that I just can't imagine Sakurai to not show Wario with his Wario bike joining the battle.

Also the reveal time would be perfect. We got Ike this Friday, next Friday we probably get Wario. And then one week without a reveal before Sakurai drops the bomb at E3! Fits just way too perfect, doesn't it? That's at least what I'll continue to predict until E3.

As for now, we have two main opinions:
1) We got Ike, there will be no Wario next week and no other veteran reveal before E3.

2) We got Ike but this doesn't hurt Wario's chances at all as he is the only character from the roster still able to promote Mario Kart 8. (which is of course the other key game beside Smash Bros to help the WiiU sales)

Wario had already so many chances for a reveal(Game&Wario, GBA games at Virtual Console, Mario Party: Island Tour, Mario Golf: World Tour,...) and now there is nothing else left Wario could be used for except Mario Kart 8. There is no way he were one of the characters to be cut from Brawl to SSB4. I think almost everyone will agree that Wario has to stay in the roster. After all the only choice Sakurai can make is either reveal Wario randomly just as he did with Ike or either reveal him with Mario Kart 8 (as no other game starring Wario is known to be released this year) or Sakurai were to make him an unlockable character.
Wario could also be revealed at E3. That's certainly a possibility.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Wario could also be revealed at E3. That's certainly a possibility.
That's a possibility for any veteran we consider being randomly revealed. Especially as almost every veteran could easily be revealed at E3, while only some characters have still some game releases they could be linked with.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That's a possibility for any veteran we consider being randomly revealed. Especially as almost every veteran could easily be revealed at E3, while only some characters have still some game releases they could be linked with.
Yoshi says hi.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Is be over anxious to say if love a Friday reveal of the veterans till E3, just to get them out of the way as well as build hype for the upcoming expo. Ike, Wario and Captain Falcon would indeed be great picks to do so

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi says hi.
You know what my point is about. We couldn't predict anything if we weren't at least relying on release dates. Random reveals are pure lucky guesses. Predicting who's gonna be shown at E3 is kinda same thing.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What if due to the tournament, we get a tournament-fave inspired veteran reveal? (Falco, MK, Snake, etc)

I'm curious for the Climbers. I want them toned down on the grab options, but I also want a new twist on them. The duo factor must remain, though.

To be more precise, I'd love to see more individuality from Popo and Nana.
Things like.. for example, Popo's air hit upward, while Nana's spikes.
Or Popo's blizzard aiming downward, while Nana's aims higher up.
And of course... Depending on who you choose, your playstyle will differ slightly when you're just left with one Ice Climber, due to the slight differences between them.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Is be over anxious to say if love a Friday reveal of the veterans till E3, just to get them out of the way as well as build hype for the upcoming expo. Ike, Wario and Captain Falcon would indeed be great picks to do so
I want to see Capt.Falcon's muscles in glorious HD

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well, Wario Friday if we get anyone else. I think Ike might mean no one else until E3, though.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
As AT's? Then oh yes.

I haven't played Xenoblade, but I'm fine with Shulk. And I love Palutena. But those other four? Micaiah for FE, Layton for 3rd Party, Elite Beat Agent/IdoM@ster for Music, and Duck Hunt for hardware. That's a dream come true.
Indeed for AT. Pacman doesn't really represent any real connection with Nintendo to me, only having knock off games every so often. As for Mii's, that's ones gimmick I cannot stand.

Yes, eh, eh and yes please to your suggestions as well.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Indeed for AT. Pacman doesn't really represent any real connection with Nintendo to me, only having knock off games every so often. As for Mii's, that's ones gimmick I cannot stand.

Yes, eh, eh and yes please to your suggestions as well.
Honestly, I don't think Duck Hunt Dog get's enough credit. Everyone who owned an NES probably had the Zapper, so like R.O.B. he'd fit the hardware portion. Also, he could rep the retro games, and he has that comical character that would fit in Smash. Plus, he pretty much is Sakurai, a troll.

And I honestly don't think Mii is happening. The whole gimick is to play as yourself with that, which would be hard to have happen at tournaments.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Which kind of sucks because he would fit in and play so nicely. Granted he was the first troll in Nintendo history, he's still despised by many just for having his laugh. E3 could have him be another WFT and something nobody saw coming.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Which kind of sucks because he would fit in and play so nicely. Granted he was the first troll in Nintendo history, he's still despised by many just for having his laugh. E3 could have him be another WFT and something nobody saw coming.
I think WFT is all we need/will get as far as joke characters.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I still think/hope that WFT is our hardware rep, thus closing up that roster expectation. Also, I'm beginning to wonder if Miis might just be friend only characters. All Miis have one of three basic batches of A attacks (based on a weight class system), and then you build your own Specials via Customization, which can only be used when playing with friends (if I'm not mistaken). If that's the case, then I almost don't even count them as a character. Almost.

As far as E3, I'm throwing my chips in the direction of only 2 newcomers. A contender and a left-fielder (ex, Ridley for contender, Toad for left-field). Those are just wild/fun examples, don't take them seriously (though I'd be totally cool with that and the general atmosphere of "WTFFFFFFFFFF" that would happen afterwards). Also, 3 vets before it's over with (Wario, Ganondorf, Ness).

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm calling it now: Toad Revealed tomorrow (May 30th).
My only reasoning is my gut and the fact that Peach won't be playable at E3.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, how many people think we'll get a reveal of Wario tomorrow?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If there are any more unusual or off-the-wall characters Sakurai has in store for us, I'm thinking they'd be revealed at E3.
Showing them off in a regular Nintendo Direct would bring them to the center of attention, where they're most likely to be ridiculed.
However, if they're revealed accompanying one or two well-requested characters, the blow would be softened.

These are the kinds of things I have to think about to keep the hope alive

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Its hard to say. Sometime last year I know two vets (TL and Sonic I think?) were revealed within a week of each other. Could happen again. Unlikely, but it could.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
And then suddenly Captain Falcon gets revealed because of Mario kart 8 having anti gravity. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Whelp, no Wario this week. Unless next week surprises us, I think we'll have to wait until E3. Luckily it's just around the corner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom