• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Different look but had all the same moves. It was a great step to having a totally unique take towards Link but somehow it only stayed as a visual and not so much moveset. I wish they had actually completed making him different really, maybe a mod can fix that since Sakurai chose not to though. Much like Ike's blue flames.
Dr Mario's moveset is exactly the same as Mario's o.o
(Except that his projectile is medicine ._.)

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know the exact time it start, all I know is smash bros e3 starts on June 10. but what time, and when will they show new characters, after or before invitational tournament?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
does anyone know the exact time it start, all I know is smash bros e3 starts on June 10. but what time, and when will they show new characters, after or before invitational tournament?
Oh before easily they start at 9am the tournament is not till 4pm

By the way im still positive sceptile is still not going to be playable despite the confirmed mega evo for sceptile.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Really hoping that I won't have to lurk all day Tuesday for details. I'm supposed to drive to GA that day which is a 13 hours, listening to it via stream won't nearly be that entertaining so hopefully it'll all be available in their presentation with couple good announcements on the floor.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im not watching E3 on all 4 days so im just going to be checking the news of who got in. Besides im going to be busy this week anyway.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I am assuming the big news will be coming first :/
And I am going to be the poor soul living in GMT +8 to stay up and listen to the direct and watch the invitational :<

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
In a perfect world, I'd like this to happen.

Trailer 1:
Mario and Luigi are fighting on Battlefield. Both appear to be evenly matched. But then the camera shifts to notice two figures approaching: one wearing Mario's hat, one wearing Luigi's hat. The camera pans down and they are revealed to be Miis. The tagline is "Miis enter the scene" and Miis go all out on attacking everyone in some wicked gameplay. Extensive alternate costumes are shown, including all of their Nintendo Land costumes.

Trailer 2:
Samus and Pit are seen fighting on Pyrosphere. Pit appears to be on the losing end of things. Suddenly, Ridley swoops in. He kinda just flies into the sky before attacking Samus and knocking her out. Then the tagline of "Ridley flies into battle" appears and Ridley gameplay is shown off. The trailer's end shifts toward Palutena's Temple up in the sky with Pit standing at Palutena's statue. The screen glows white and Pit is blinded by the light as "Palutena descends". Some nice gameplay of Samus vs Pit vs Ridley vs Palutena ensues.

Trailer 3:
The camera pans to cover Final Destination. The camera shifts to the left and Wario is confirmed. Party balls appear on the stage and Wario opens them up. They all contain food. Just as he is about to open the last one, the screen darkens and the ghosts from Pac-Man appear, running from the right to the left. The camera swivels and Pac-Man stands there. The tagline is "Pac-Man devours the competition". He goes and beats Wario and some sweet gameplay is shown off. After the trailer ends, the ghosts appear in a darkened area plotting their next attack on Pac-Man. These two pink eyes appear and a mysterious feature is outlined. As it enters the light, Mewtwo is shown to be confirmed with the tagline "Mewtwo strikes back!".

So this fantasy world that I live in would confirm:
Miis
Ridley
Palutena
Pac-Man
Wario
Mewtwo

Not bad.avi

Too bad reality is a thing. >_>

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Still say Wario and Meta Knoghts are locks, while Palutena is well recieved she wouldn't be E3 worthy since she doesn't bring the hype.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Ok, This are my predictions. I expect that Wario, Metaknight and Ice Climbers are revealed, as for newcomers I predict at very least two I hope they're Ridley and K. Rool.
If Pacman is in he has to be reveled in this E3.
If Snake is in this is his last time to be revealed.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
PALUTENA CONFIRMED!

TWO MORE LEFT!

ALSO MII CONFIRMED, HAS SOME SORT OF CYBORG ARMOR ON THE MII CHARACTER!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Its not over yet

7:00 pm to 8:30 pm pst sakurai talks about smash bros 4

So theres more reveals to come

(Ps if you guess master hand is a boss again you win.)

Staarih

Smash Master
Seeing as that was all for E3, I guess we're back to speculating about veterans revealed through PotD's (and a possible newcomer in the next Direct in August). I feel like this is all for this month, and maybe we'll get a veteran reveal next month (much like with the Direct and Ike). But I have no idea what games are coming out (if any) to tie in with the reveals, or if they're going to be random from now on. Safe bets on what we're getting before reveal are pretty much Wario, Meta Knight and Ice Climbers, I'd say.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Kinda-revive.

I'm not going to let us lose faith and think we will see no new characters before the release!
Let's see what big ones we have coming up.

July 4th - Pokémon Art Academy (Europe): Most likely :jigglypuff:, possibly :mewtwopm:
July 18th - Pokémon The First Movie 16th Anniversary: :mewtwopm:
July 25th - R.O.B. 29th Anniversary (actually 26th, which is a Saturday): :rob:
July 25th - Mother 25th Anniversary (actually 27th, which is a Sunday): :ness2: Or :lucas:
July 25th - Dr. Mario 24th Anniversary (actually 27th): :drmario: (Most likely as a :4mario: Alt.)
August 14th - Hyrule Warriors (Japan): :ganondorf:

Just as a side note Pokémon Art Academy comes out in Japan in 2 days, and since the E3 banners are still up, I ignored it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh 1 thing the blue green blue green pattern is banned now.

(Aka that pattern is dead now pac-man killed it with yellow box, and greninja was a blue and the miis is another blue.)

Who know what veteran we will get for july

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Looking at @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof 's list, I'm totally rooting for Lucas on July 25th. It seems like a reasonable date after all the E3 info (more than a month apart), and Lucas is an easy character to reveal, as I'm still not sure they're reveal any of the secret characters before release. Then again, anniversaries are questionable, so we'll see (and also the fact that Lucas might be cut but I don't know if I believe that part of the leak or not). But I'm still putting my money on that haha!

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The two big ones I have some faith in are Lucas or Ness for Mother's 25th (because.....it's the 25th anniversary. It's kind of a big deal), and Ganondorf for Hyrule Warriors (it's the only big new game we have coming out.

Let's also not forget the decent possibility of a newcomer in an August Direct.
Let's see why the other Direct newcomers were revealed when they were:
- December 18th Direct: :rosalina: Mario Galaxy Anniversary/3D World Release? (Both late November).
- February 14th Direct: :4littlemac: Punch-Out! (Arcade) 30th Anniversary
- April 8th Smash Bros. Direct: :4zss: Metroid Zero Mission 10th Anniversary, :4sheik: ??? (Maybe just because they revealed the other transformation character), :4yoshi: Yoshi's New Island, :4charizard::4greninja: Pokémon Battle Trozei

It's also worth mentioning that the Villager's reveal at E3 2013 was close to the NA release of New Leaf, and the Mii Fighter's reveal at E3 2014 was close to the NA and EU release of Tomodachi Life.

So what events do we have coming up in August?
- August 1st - Golden Sun Anniversary: Isaac
- August 24th - Hyrule Warriors (Japan): Impa/other Zelda newcomer
- August 26th - Metroid Anniversary: RIDLEY

Also, one last thing. Watch out for the tweets.
Before both the December and February Directs, Sakurai has tweeted a reminder telling everyone to tune into the Directs (both of which had newcomers).
Also, before the February Direct, Next Level Games (developer of Punch-Out Wii) tweeted a reminder too. This pointed to the announcement of Little Mac.

So we need to see who tweets before this Direct.
If Sakurai tweets, we're getting a newcomer.
If a third party company tweets, we can tell what newcomer we are getting (if IS tweets, we are getting Golden Sun, if Team Ninja or Tecmo Koei tweets, we are getting Impa/a Zelda newcomer, if Retro Studios tweets, we are getting Ridley).

So prepare yourself.
And be ready to predict in August.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The two big ones I have some faith in are Lucas or Ness for Mother's 25th (because.....it's the 25th anniversary. It's kind of a big deal), and Ganondorf for Hyrule Warriors (it's the only big new game we have coming out.

- December 18th Direct: :rosalina: Mario Galaxy Anniversary/3D World Release? (Both late November).
- April 8th Smash Bros. Direct: :4zss: Metroid Zero Mission 10th Anniversary, :4sheik: ??? (Maybe just because they revealed the other transformation character), :4yoshi: Yoshi's New Island, :4charizard::4greninja: Pokémon Battle Trozei

It's also worth mentioning that the Villager's reveal at E3 2013 was close to the NA release of New Leaf, and the Mii Fighter's reveal at E3 2014 was close to the NA and EU release of Tomodachi Life.

Before both the December and February Directs, Sakurai has tweeted a reminder telling everyone to tune into the Directs (both of which had newcomers).
Also, before the February Direct, Next Level Games (developer of Punch-Out Wii) tweeted a reminder too. This pointed to the announcement of Little Mac.

If a third party company tweets, we can tell what newcomer we are getting (if IS tweets, we are getting Golden Sun, if Team Ninja or Tecmo Koei tweets, we are getting Impa/a Zelda newcomer, if Retro Studios tweets, we are getting Ridley).

So prepare yourself.
If Ridley is revealed in August, that would be the best birthday present ever. Also, IS and Retro are third party?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

So prepare yourself.
For ridley

August 20th is the pyrosphere reveal anniversary.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
why would a third party company tell us to watch a rival's direct

think before you post Bidoof
Third party companies aren't necessarily rivals. If Sony and Microsoft tweeted, yeah that'd be a stupid move on their front, but if Konami tweets it (aka Snake) it's only beneficial for both parts. Konami isn't a Nintendo rival after all, they have a bunch of stuff on the Wii U VC, just because MGS:V isn't on the Wii U doesn't mean they are enemies.

Heck, the notion that all third party companies are rivals with Nintendo is a bit silly when we have 3 third parties so far.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
why would a third party company tell us to watch a rival's direct

think before you post Bidoof
:facepalm:

As you can see in my post, I was not referring to third parties like Microsoft and Sony. I was referring to third party developers who have developed games for Nintendo along with other companies, for example Intelligent Systems, Platinum Games, and Monolith Soft.
You know, ones that it would help both them and Nintendo if they tweeted about it. It would gain awareness for their character/game, and have more people watch Nintendo's Direct.

And this is exactly what happened before the February Direct. The developer of Punch-Out!! (Wii), Next Level Games, tweeted a reminder to watch the Direct, in which Little Mac was revealed.

Think before you post, Keyblade.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
:facepalm:

As you can see in my post, I was not referring to third parties like Microsoft and Sony. I was referring to third party developers who have developed games for Nintendo along with other companies, for example Intelligent Systems, Platinum Games, and Monolith Soft.
You know, ones that it would help both them and Nintendo if they tweeted about it. It would gain awareness for their character/game, and have more people watch Nintendo's Direct.

And this is exactly what happened before the February Direct. The developer of Punch-Out!! (Wii), Next Level Games, tweeted a reminder to watch the Direct, in which Little Mac was revealed.

Think before you post, Keyblade.
Make it clearer. People like me skim most long posts.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's people's own fault if they only skim posts. Read the entire post or don't reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom