• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I got one this is a anniversary

January 21st japan smash bros 64 release date

Maybe yoshi or one of the other 4 veterans might get reveal there

But defiantly don't get your hopes up

D

Deleted member

What if this is the Year of Smash Bros.?

Last edited by a moderator:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I know this has a zero percent chance of happening, but I'm gonna throw it out there.

The Mewtwo's Awakening movie comes out on the 11th of this month. That's the same day as Kirby Triple Deluxe.

What if we got both on the same day, or like a week apart from the other?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
What, on DVD?

I doubt Sakurai even pays attention to that sort of thing. It'd be when the movie aired in Japan or something. And holy **** was that movie terrible. I wasn't expecting much, because, you know, it's the Pokemon anime, but YEESH.

Anyway, I'm expecting Ridley to be announced on January 32.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Uh, the TV premier. I think this is the first time it's been in English too.

But yeah, you're right in that Sakurai will most likely pay no attention to it.

...I can dream though!

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Why would they advertise the game like that when it's not coming to their consoles? Might as well tell people to go buy a PS4 or an XBONE.
Um... Snake's appearance in Brawl served as a sneak peek/promotion for Metal Gear Solid 4, which was a PS3 exclusive. So it's been done before...

If Snake advertises anything, it's going to be MGS 3D.
I also anticipate this, particularly for Snake's 3DS stage and his reveal on the website.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
"Hey, Sakurai, the Nintendo WiiU isn't doing well. How can Smash Bros. up its sales in addition to the sales of the game itself?"

"ADVERTISE FOR THE COMPETITORS"

"...right."

If Snake is in, Sakurai deserves a stiff punch in the face. Yeah, we get it, you're buddies with Kojima. That doesn't mean make ******** decisions based on it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Hey, Sakurai, the Nintendo WiiU isn't doing well. How can Smash Bros. up its sales in addition to the sales of the game itself?"

"ADVERTISE FOR THE COMPETITORS"

"...right."

If Snake is in, Sakurai deserves a stiff punch in the face. Yeah, we get it, you're buddies with Kojima. That doesn't mean make ******** decisions based on it.
Konami =/= Sony

When will people get that through their head?

MGS games are made for Nintendo systems as well.

There is a big opportunity to advertise for MGS 3DS and that rumored Wii U game.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Konami =/= Sony

When will people get that through their head?

MGS games are made for Nintendo systems as well.

There is a big opportunity to advertise for MGS 3DS and that rumored Wii U game.
Ah, I forgot about that rumored game. A Nintendo Direct would be a good opportunity to reveal both at the same time...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Konami =/= Sony
No, but Metal Gear Solid appears almost exclusively everywhere BUT Nintendo consoles. We had MGS: Twin Snakes for the Gamecube, and then the total rip-off that was the 3DS port of MGS 3. That's all we've had since the old days. It's ******** to think that Snake would appear just to advertise a game that is not only a terrible deal with the HD Collection on the same shelves (the same price for a third of the gameplay, PLUS you have to buy the CirclePad Pro), but also plenty old.

No matter which way you cut it, Snake would be advertising Metal Gear Solid 5 and maybe Metal Gear Rising, neither of which appeared (or will appear, in MGS5's case) on Nintendo consoles.

It's a stupid move unless this supposed WiiU game is really a thing, and even then, whatever that is is going to be lost in MGS5's shadow. Snake is a dumb move. He was a dumb move back in Brawl, too. When will people start to see THAT?

There's a rumored MGS Wii U game?! How did I miss this?
There's also a rumored Pokemon fighting game, Nintendo's supposedly buying Rare for a new Banjo-Kazooie, and the next Sonic WiiU game is going to be Sonic Heroes 2.

Rumors are rumors.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Much as I'd love to believe all of those things (and have an excuse to have Snake in Smash 4, because he's one of my best friend's favorite characters), you should always treat rumors as false rather than assuming they are true.

Also, Futurama, so you're cool.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, but Metal Gear Solid appears almost exclusively everywhere BUT Nintendo consoles.
Didn't stop him from getting in Brawl.

We had MGS: Twin Snakes for the Gamecube, and then the total rip-off that was the 3DS port of MGS 3. That's all we've had since the old days. It's ******** to think that Snake would appear just to advertise a game that is not only a terrible deal with the HD Collection on the same shelves (the same price for a third of the gameplay, PLUS you have to buy the CirclePad Pro), but also plenty old.
A game's quality doesn't necessarily matter here.

And neither does age. Heck, Marth is advertising FE12 in Japan. That's a DS game for crying out loud!

It's a stupid move unless this supposed WiiU game is really a thing, and even then, whatever that is is going to be lost in MGS5's shadow. Snake is a dumb move. He was a dumb move back in Brawl, too. When will people start to see THAT?
How was he a dumb move?

I know a large amount of people who bought Brawl JUST for Snake. He's one of the few characters with major starpower. Only Mario, Sonic, Link, Pikachu and Megaman have his kind of star power.

He alone brings people to the game. Making a whole new fanbase eager to buy it.

Why is it a bad idea? It made Nintendo more money.

Another point is that the two most recent Metal Gear games aren't Sony exclusive.

They are no longer loyal to Sony. That could work in Smash's favor.

Last edited:

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Didn't stop him from getting in Brawl.

A game's quality doesn't necessarily matter here.

And neither does age. Heck, Marth is advertising FE12 in Japan. That's a DS game for crying out loud!

How was he a dumb move?

I know a large amount of people who bought Brawl JUST for Snake? He's one of the few characters with major starpower. Only Mario, Sonic, Link, Pikachu and Megaman have his kind of star power.

He alone brings people to the game. Making a whole new fanbase eager to buy it.

Why is it a bad idea? It made Nintendo more money.

Another point is that the two most recent Metal Gear games aren't Sony exclusive.

They are no longer loyal to Sony. That could work in Smash's favor.
Swampy sauce is right , besides who will suddenly go become a sony fanboy if snake gets added to smash. Anyways snake could bring metal gear solid fans to buy smash $$$$ always believe lord sakurai.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well come Monday we'll start getting images again. I don't think Sakurai will announce a character first thing but I think one is coming soon. I did some comparisons and if all veterans are returning there's at least 18 to go, 20 counting Sheik and Zamus as their own characters. Discounting unlockables and taking Lucas and Ike out we still have Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, King Dedede and Pokemon Trainer. Add back Ness or Lucas and that's 7 (9 including Sheik and Zamus) more characters to come before we even start thinking about newcomers.

I hope the pace picks up.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If I remember correctly, we knew like 25 characters out of the full roster before the release of Brawl, right? Or was it more?
We're at 20 now (basically 22), so I guess before release we'll know AT LEAST 30 characters. That's a lot.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I always forget one. Make that 8-10 characters. They REALLY need to pick up the pace.
Look at the bright side; things are definitely going to get interesting in the coming months. I wonder how Sakurai will reveal the characters...Will he reveal one character a week? Or maybe a couple in one photo, perhaps like Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dededee all at once?

When's the game supposed to be released? It's slipped my mind, but I think it was in the summer...err...or winter...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Look at the bright side; things are definitely going to get interesting in the coming months. I wonder how Sakurai will reveal the characters...Will he reveal one character a week? Or maybe a couple in one photo, perhaps like Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dededee all at once?

When's the game supposed to be released? It's slipped my mind, but I think it was in the summer...err...or winter...
Theyconfirmed it won't be a Spring Release so I'm thinking late summer so they can show off a bunch of new stuff come E3 and build da hype.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
When Sakurai's resolution for 2014 is to finish Smash Bros., it becomes clear even he doesn't know when this game is supposed to release.

I'm sure until he does know, the pace of character reveals probably won't change. Particularly since they're working so well when it comes to promoting other games during Nintendo Direct.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
When Sakurai's resolution for 2014 is to finish Smash Bros., it becomes clear even he doesn't know when this game is supposed to release.
I need some sauce on this.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I'm pretty sure Sakurai has a tentative release date in mind already. His resolution is probably in reference to people's fears about there being a delay into 2015 like what happened with Brawl.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Lol at Snake being a bad decision, shouldn't be in because "he isn't Nintendo" yadda yadda.

First, that didn't stop him from getting into Brawl, and isn't going to stop him now.

Second, he meets the criteria set by Sakurai. Has to be legendary, and has to have appeared on a Nintendo console. He has completed both requirements.

Third, personal feelings regarding a character mean nothing. Most people loved Snake in the game. If Sakurai didn't think he would fit, he wouldn't have gotten in in the first place. It just doesn't matter. Snake is one of the most unique characters, and a great one at that.

Not to mention, who cares if it advertises MGS5? There are MGS 4 trophies in Brawl. Big whoop.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Come to think of it...

There were stickers, trophies and music from non Nintendo Metal Gear and Sonic games. I don't think Sakurai cares.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Come to think of it...

There were stickers, trophies and music from non Nintendo Metal Gear and Sonic games. I don't think Sakurai cares.
Not to mention I'm pretty sure that Sakurai fought Nintendo on it. They were against Snake, but Sakurai convinced them. If Sakurai didn't care enough about it, he would have told Kojima, "No can do"

Especially...there was a Metal Gear Solid 4 remix SPECIFICALLY made for Brawl.

Yea. My confidence in Snake just jumped.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
This week we'll get King Dedede (9th or 10th January). I can't wait to see him back again. Would be very surprised if Sakurai were to show Meta Knight before Dedede.

D

Deleted member

This week we'll get King Dedede (9th or 10th January). I can't wait to see him back again. Would be very surprised if Sakurai were to show Meta Knight before Dedede.
I wish that Sakurai would show both Meta Knight and King Dedede. I wanna see my second main (Meta Knight) in this game, already!

But yeah, King Dedede is the most likely character. I would be surprised if he wasn't going to be shown this week. (unless Sakurai is saving his reveal for something big later)

D

Deleted member

Expect two characters a month from here on out. Get HYPED!
But who would the second reveal be? It would be King Dedede and who else? I can only think of Meta Knight or some newcomer getting announced in a Nintendo Direct. (I hope that we get one this month)

I am not going to expect two characters. It would be nice, but I could be setting myself up for disappointment.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
But who would the second reveal be? It would be King Dedede and who else? I can only think of Meta Knight or some newcomer getting announced in a Nintendo Direct. (I hope that we get one this month)

I am not going to expect two characters. It would be nice, but I could be setting myself up for disappointment.
I think we only get directs every other month. And this isn't one of those months.

Kon

Smash Journeyman

The second character could be Captain Falcon as he was already mentioned by Sakurai in an interview where Sakurai spoke about the strength of the Falcon Punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom