• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How annoying is the above posters main?

Routa

Smash Lord
I could talk about how annoying your Gordos are, but I don't mind about them. What makes my blood boil is how heavy your character is. My Rage Dair -> stuff doesn't work, I die earlier and I can't finish stock in time. Rather annoying.

Then again I main :4wario2:so maybe I shouldn't whine about your weight.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
:4marth:
I could talk about how annoying your Gordos are, but I don't mind about them. What makes my blood boil is how heavy your character is. My Rage Dair -> stuff doesn't work, I die earlier and I can't finish stock in time. Rather annoying.

Then again I main :4wario2:so maybe I shouldn't whine about your weight.
lets just say..... any type of spam. I dont even know how to do the upair strings as metaknight, or if i even can.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I fight Fire Emblem characters so often that it gets tiring for me having to put up with them, to be perfectly honest. Marth is no exception to this rule, especially considering it's him, Lucina or Corrin that I have to fight most commonly among the FE cast. Though it's certainly worse if the player I'm facing acts arrogant over beating me, which is a different problem entirely.

:4mewtwo:

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
i've fought like 1 good luigi ever

getting killed by down b at 20% is humiliating

:4mario:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
The most common annoying online Marios:

The Arsonist:
Starts off with Fireballs and will continue to do them if you do not approach. Their most common approach option is jumping and doing even more Fireballs. Off stage? Why not Fireballs? Fireballs aren't working, so I should do more Fireballs to be safe!

The Air Groper:
They exercise their right for grab combos so much that's what the majority of the match consists of; however the biggest problem with it is they never get you in their grab yet will continually try, sometimes three times in a row if not more. These fellows are also known to roll immensely followed by another failed attempt to grope you inappropriately. Too bad, Mr. Bad Touch. It won't work.

The Smash Spamholic:
He sees you're at a high percentage, so he will just throw out Smash attacks endlessly like he had too much stocked up in the warehouse and just wants to get rid of them. In the air above him? Better U-Smash three times in a row! That'll get you for sure!

:4dedede:/:4bayonetta:/:4rob:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Believe it or not, Link's projectiles aren't actually what I have trouble with.
My problem is that I get killed by his disjointed smash attacks at 50%.

Linkip

Smash Cadet
Believe it or not, Link's projectiles aren't actually what I have trouble with.
My problem is that I get killed by his disjointed smash attacks at 50%.

As a fellow Mewtwo main, i can almost feel the salt when i fair a Ganondorf off the stage like twice and he just falls to his doom because of Ganon's horrible recovery. I feel like a monster whenever i do it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's infuriating going against Mewtwo. Why? One word: Confusion. A tree Perfectly set up to kill it? Confusion to kill the Villager instead. Lyroiding back onto stage? Confusion to send him back off. Pocketed a Shadow Ball? Confusion to start a game of pong, until the pocket comes a few frames late.

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
online lucases are weird. sometimes they footstool combo you and then run off the stage, sometimes they play the neutral at about my level and know basic down throw followups, sometimes they just spam pk fire the entire match

still annoying but rather inconsistently annoying

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
While Mario is generally considered simple, you find that each one plays differently from others you've played in little distinct ways that can throw you off enough times to become a little irritating, but that's the most frustration you really get from Marios.

You get a handful of interesting ones out of the bunch, though usually just a handful compared to those that get desperate with Forward Air attempts.

HerbsnSpices910

Smash Cadet
:4kirby:: When people try to Kirbycide you. I just hate suicide stocks in general.
:4marth:: Counter spam. Especially when it somehow works.

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
fighting an online yoshi is like being shoved into a pit of boiling tar

a heavyweight with the fastest airspeed in the game, one of the highest doublejumps in the game, a method of stalling his fall with egg throw, strong kill moves and frame data comparable to mario is so unbelievably frustrating it's honestly a shock the sharp jump in my blood pressure doesn't kill me

oh yeah and he outranges mario too. so that's a thing

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
It usually sucks when I use it online, it massacres me when I face him. Same for Samus and his brethen of projectile spammers. May Arceus curse the lag of Roll Glory!
Corrin & Greninja.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh joy, I can expect a lot of countering and Dragon Lunge, can't I?

Greninja I don't mind fighting nearly as much. Fights against them are usually fairly interesting for me.

:4rob:

Rran

Smash Apprentice
*chases down WFT*
"Where you runnin' to? The idea is to stay on the sta-"
*gets smacked in face w/ volleyball*
"oh..."

:4palutena:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Palutena has good aerials. everything else except dash attack sucks. Getting d-throw up-aired is kind of humiliating tho.
:4robinm:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Kinda annoying on those rare cases I somehow get beat up by my own favourite pocket characher, but it literally only ever happened once. Almost no-one on 3DS online ever uses Robin, and those that do are usually so bad they are combo fodder for Greninja, Corrin, Cloud, Marth, my own Robin, or even Jiggs when only using Rest. Seriously, how can people let me kill them by only using a single move that is point-blank range only, and leaves you helpless, and still call themselves players?

BTW. next player, discuss the last of the mentioned secondaries instead.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4jigglypuff: is only ever annoying during the ditto, somebody gets a rest, then if they're not star K.O.'d the other puff gets a free rest, it's like this crazy ride of rest trades.

:4jigglypuff:

Joel_Tarkus

Smash Cadet
NNID
explodingmuffin7
Just do not roll, it is what puff wants you to do. Other than that I have no problem with it, I find the puff ditto pretty fun actually.

I main DDD and Falcon, take your pick.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Both as annoying. Big-ass hitboxes, with lingering propeties, PERFECT to take advantage of anybody suffering from lag or input delay...

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I know a lot of people hated Greninja a few years back and we're crying for his nerf. I don't know if that ever happened though. I don't really keep up to date with that kind of stuff. I think he is decent to fight. I do get annoyed by the people who abuse the counter move, just like Lucario's. But that's pretty easy to use against them once they become so predicable...and spam it every second of the match lol.

I can't say I'm good, but I've been trying to main Dr. Mario. I kind of suck though to be honest lol.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
I wonder how can someone be mad when somebody spams the WORST counter in the game... All you need to do is keep mashing the jab button to beat it out, it's so slow it sometimes fails to counter Smash attacks. It's ridiculous.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Hah yeah...just to verify I'm not mad or think Greninja is the worst. It's easy to stop them when they keep spamming it. I don't play 1 vs 1 too often, so a lot of the times the other randoms somehow manage to keep running into their counter. It's like, dude...you saw what happened the six other times, why are you still attacking them mid-counter?

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
BTW I hate arrow spamming and your back throw.

OT: Yeah, it's ridiculous, if some one counters, go for a dash grab, or charge up a smash and release it once it fully finishes if you feel confident. Don't go for a quick move or you will trigger the last and most dangerous frames of the counter. And more ridiculous is that despite how slow it is, many people don't bother to roll, sidestep, shield, jump, or even intercept it with a fast move or another counter before the hitbox activates.

Last edited:

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
never really found a comfortable method of fighting roys. always feels like they're either better than i am or counter/side b spammers that win because wifi.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
I defeat lv.9 Marios for breakfast.

I still remember the first time I defeated a lv.9 CPU -- it was a replay with me playing as Luigi with the Waluigi palette fighting against Luigi with a regular palette (I think it was on Port Town Aero Drive -- I did it on my 3DS so my mind must be fuzzy). It was back when the fighter ballot was a thing and I labeled it 'Vote Waluigi'.

Last edited:

prae

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6975 0680 8011
All of the projectiles. But I don't usually have much trouble getting in.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon is that kind of character who runs at you and grabs, pummels, and then throws you off the stage in hopes of landing a spike. Also, he rolls a lot, is obsessed with jabs, u-airs, and f-airs, and has like 12 KO moves. Yet, he'll never be on Mario's level. Ever. Captain Falcon seems to enjoy doing a trot away from the opponent, only to use Raptor Boost and has an increased likelihood of landing it online. There is an air of douchebaggery from Captain Falcon, but it's nothing compared to King Dedede.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
STUPID. ROLL. AND. CHARGE. SHOT.
Gods how much I hate when dash attack becomes unpunishable due to lag and it gets away with every roll, while every time you try to land, that Charge Shot ALWAYS comes and somehow ignores the dodge and shield I inputed way before, that never EVER comes up in time regardless of how I try to adapt to the lag.

Naokami414

Smash Rookie
NNID
AceMaximus414
Captain Falcon is that kind of character who runs at you and grabs, pummels, and then throws you off the stage in hopes of landing a spike. Also, he rolls a lot, is obsessed with jabs, u-airs, and f-airs, and has like 12 KO moves. Yet, he'll never be on Mario's level. Ever. Captain Falcon seems to enjoy doing a trot away from the opponent, only to use Raptor Boost and has an increased likelihood of landing it online. There is an air of douchebaggery from Captain Falcon, but it's nothing compared to King Dedede.
I'm afraid I'd have to disagree, a >GOOD< Falcon Spot dodges more often than rolling, Makes hard reads and adapts to the opponents playstyle/character. Mindgamed are 90% of Falcon's game. I apoligize that whoever you played against to give you this stereotype exists... If you ever need a decent Falcon to play, just hit me up! :D

My main's are Lucina, Shiek, and of course, Captain Falcon

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
Lucina mains are annoying in lag because shield breaker still hits and can break a sheild when you've got some left and you wanna hear a funny joke? Lucina with good wifi. Shiek is super annoying because needles and fair till the cows come home. Falcon I agree witht the one guy lol I main Toon Link, Cloud and M2 Lol can't wait to see who makes a hyuga joke

Top Bottom