• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How annoying is the above posters main?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't mind Greninja. It is fun to play against.

:4metaknight:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
I don't mind Greninja. It is fun to play against.

:4metaknight:
OFF TOPIC:
You would definitely not say the same if you main was Ness, Kirby, Ike, Little Mac, and to a lesser extent Lucas, Cloud, Marth and Lucina. Those Hydro Pump gimps at 0%...

ON TOPIC:
(For bad players on FG) Please stop spamming the special moves near the ledge. Winning because your dumbass opponent SDs twice in one minute is not fun.
(For good players) The hitbox on Up-B is kinda messed up... Sometimes it goes right through me, other times it hits me from a mile away. WTF?

Last edited:

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
Greninja:

Not terrible to fight against. Water ninja stars are annoying but can be reflected, hydro pump is overrated and halfdecent players shouldn't struggle if they're smart and save their double jump. Greninja's moveset is flashy and fun to watch.

:4lucas:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
nice down throw you got there, nice good old free damage or potential death even after a patch.
Only problem is YOU KEEP GOING FOR IT CONSTANTLY EVEN IF I AVOID AND PUNISH YOU FOR IT
Would usually go :4mewtwo: for this, but I want to hear people critique :4olimar: for once
:4olimar:

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
by zoner standards, olimar is pretty tame. pikmin toss and getting thrown by blue pikmin can be slightly bothersome but that's about it.

:4mario:

Eekum_bokum

Smash Cadet
I actually like the MU, I took out a Mario in a local tournament a few weeks ago. I'm just frightened of getting caped while trying to recover horizontally, which almost happened to me. Another annoying part would be getting caught rolling at a bad time, and the up smash punish killing me quickly.

:4darkpit:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Dark Pit isn't all that annoying. ElectroShock Arm can be a bit of a pain if spammed, but nothing unmanageable.
But what really bothers me is why his side B got a knock back buff yet regular Pit's didn't.

I don't main her but :4bayonetta:

Routa

Smash Lord
I dislike Bayonetta quite a bit. She is one of the reasons why I switched my main. So what is so annoying about Bayo that I had to drop Wario?
Well shortly she destroys Wario in the areas that he is great at and thous being:
-Edgeguarding (Wario simply cannot edgeguard Bayo due to her massive hitboxes and multiple jumps)
-Ledgeguarding (majority of the time Bayo can just ignore ledge traps due to bat within, witch time and massive hitboxes that force Wario to the middle of the stage)
-Catching Landings/Platform pressure (Wario's Uair and Utilt beats majority of the Dairs in the game which makes landing with a hitbox challenging add to that quick command grab that beats ADs. The problem is that Bayonetta can ignore this by doing Nair and drifting away which forces Wario just to watch from the side)
Making a character feel useless is quite a bit annoying.

Speaking of catching landings and ledgeguarding... :4samus:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I hate fighting Samus because of her normals, since they catch me offguard with how much knockback they have at larger percents.
Don't use the character but :4fox:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
It can out-camp my Robin secondary prety badly, even tough not as much as Falco, and comboes him with impunity, pretty the same way my Greninja outcamps and comboes those two space furries I guess. Not much to complain about this dude. Had it been Melee, I would call it basically the same things most people call to Bayonetta.

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
It's pretty hard to call Greninja annoying, honestly. Aside from those water shurikens, the only times I struggle against him is when the player is insanely good. Though the same can be said for most of the cast, heh.

Since D3 really only has two or three annoying things about him, I'd like to see someone either talk about :4falco: or:4ganondorf:, as I've been messing with those characters lately.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I just find it extremely annoying that people always try to go Falco versus Marth. I beat them more often than I lose to them and it always seems similar. Like Mario. Been practicing :4link::4samus: feel free to choose

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
My router is bad and causes constant lag spikes and they have very good projectiles. Enough said. Now I'll move on before I loose my mind on that F Spamus.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Can you stop spamming Down B? Using Counter to punish you over and over stops getting funny after the 10th hit.

Speaking of projectiles, go on and rage about my favorite secondary, Robin.

OT: By the way, Greninja's projectile is good but not THAT good.

Last edited:

SmolNozomi

Smash Cadet
Ah yes, I love it when you have two mutihitting projectiles
B
SideB
Grab
Aerial fun
Repeat

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Same as with Yoshi, except with the Up-B instead. Seriously. Do the word "telegraphed", "reactable" and "laggy" mean anything to you?
Also, don't go on spamming Gordos when the opponent has projectiles on his own. It won't end well.

G&W (don't talk about 9, it's repetitive)

Last edited:

ChickenParm

Smash Rookie
G&W is annoying for more reasons than 9. Eight is frustrating at low percents because it leads into other things and his dash attack is surprisingly fast.

Charizard

Uffe

Smash Hero
Charizard is a threat to me. Most Charizards I've faces off against have been decent or really good. I hate his flamethrower. My favorite Pokemon, but his d-tilts, flamethrower, and d-throw > fair are lame.

Ness (I'm guessing too much PK Fire.)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Annoying as heck, but Toon Link is my favorite incarnation of Link from my favorite Zelda game and favorite video game in general, so I can't stay mad at him. :p

:4mewtwo:

Routa

Smash Lord
You know what is fun...
Try to approach M2.
Approach from ground? Denied by Dtilt
Approach from air? Denied by Fair
But wait there is more
Trap M2's landing? Good try said the AD
Getting off from ledge? You are already dead
GG on the CSS

:4wario2:Wäh!

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Wario's bike in the hands of noobs and or newbies. They're still easy to fight, but it's kind of boring watching a bike or (Charizard's) blitz match for the entirety of the game...in fact I just went into a game not too long ago with 2 Charizards and 1 Wario doing nothing but the bike and blitz. It was just too much lol.

With that said, Wario can be a really good opponent to fight. I've had some tough matches against them.

I've been trying to main (or at least practice with Doctor Mario) I'm still pretty rusty though, but I like his playstyle.

Helios980

Smash Rookie
Definitely Wario's bike in the hands of noobs and or newbies. They're still easy to fight, but it's kind of boring watching a bike or (Charizard's) blitz match for the entirety of the game...in fact I just went into a game not too long ago with 2 Charizards and 1 Wario doing nothing but the bike and blitz. It was just too much lol.

With that said, Wario can be a really good opponent to fight. I've had some tough matches against them.

I've been trying to main (or at least practice with Doctor Mario) I'm still pretty rusty though, but I like his playstyle.
Not annoying at all. Doc`s recovery is so bad, you can just reuse whatever you do to Little Mac on him.
The only annoying thing is the fact that the Doc main doesn`t just use Mario.

Marth, but my secondary is Mewtwo. You pick.

Last edited:

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
I hate Marth in SSF2 he is so free it makes me want to through my keyboard. And don't get me started on his tipper and shield breaker, those for glory like moves grind my gears.

The thing below is inaccurate and out of date. My new mains are Roy and Bowser Jr.

UnknownM

Smash Cadet
Oh all those down throw, up bs I've been through when fighting Roys...

My mains are :4ness: + :rosalina:

Routa

Smash Lord
Rosa&Luma is one of thous characters that have made to switch to other character just to be able to deal with her (others are Diddy and Bayonetta). It is extremely frustrating trying to kill Luma when Rosa can punish almost every move afterwards.

:4myfriends:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Ike honestly isn't that bad. One of the more fun characters to play against!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Fighting Rosaluma gives me conniptions. Yoshi depends on the level of the player, really. They are either godlike or abysmally bad.

:4villagerf:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not sure how Villagers manage to outplay me with their tricks and traps so well almost every single time, but they keep doing it way more often than not, so I'm clearly missing something.

:4bowser:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Out of nowhere bowser bomb shield breaks are among the most soul crushing things this game has to offer. Especially when you're at low percent and youve been juggling him up to like 150%, It was all for nothing.

which brings me to...

:4sheik:

dada5714

Smash Rookie
NNID
dada5714
Switch FC
Metalbro's main... if I have to say something annoying, it's that you probably aren't showing your moves at this very moment.

D

Deleted member

dada5714's main.. grab, down throw, UAIR, UAIR, Side B really gets under my skin But Falcon's weight makes him easy to combo once you get a opening so:p

:4zelda::zelda::zeldamelee:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Too often have I seen new Link players who do nothing but slowly walk up to you and spam F-Tilt hoping to hit you with it, and seriously doing very little else. Recover when necessary, using a few other t-ilt attacks ,occasionally a boomerang or arrow. Nothing else. They just casually walk towards your direction and F-Tilt the moment they get close to you, and repeat that tactic throughout the entire match.

It's especially weird because I rarely see clearly new players playing other characters do stuff like this. It's almost always a Link. And I have no idea why. Maybe my luck is just rotten in that regard....

:4greninja:

Top Bottom