• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How annoying is the above person's main Ultimate edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
For frostfunny:

Olimar might be my absolute least favorite character in the game. His side B does so much damage, his grab range is ridiculous, the up throw kills early with the blue Pikmin, and he is such a small target. I only fought one Olimar player online and it was honestly the least fun I had playing Smash online. I respect Olimar players, but I cannot stand playing as him or against him.

For Ze Diglett:

Piranha Plant has its moments, but he can also be pretty fun to go against.

:ultyoshi::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultsimon:

Last edited:

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Jigglypuff players act like the floor is lava, and never stays the **** on the ground for longer than 3 frames.

Finally, a character I play is :ultwolf:
Yeah that’s pretty true. But honestly playing jigs is kinda hard for me cuz you’ll always have to count how many jumps you have left. Can’t tell you how many times I went too deep edgeguarding and couldn’t get back cuz I didn’t count my jumps.

Now for the :ultsimon:. Let me in...........LET ME INNNNNNNNNNNNNN

:ultgunner:

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
A lot of mii gunners tend to spam the neutral and side special similar to samus/dark samus

:ultrobinf:

Last edited:

frostfunny

Smash Rookie
robin isnt the Worst in the world to go up against but thoron can be absolutely terrifying if a good robin catches u with it. ones that spam it in FFA are awful though
arcfire its its own thing but thankfully not as bad as pk fire (and i say it as someone who plays ness occasionally)

:ultvillager::ultlucas::ultjoker:

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
The only two moves that the Lucas mains that I fight use 90% of the time are PK Freeze and PK Fire. They throw the occasional up smash or back air, but it is normally the PK moves.I think he is just as annoying as Ness, but in a different way.

:ultyoshi::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultsimon:

ZaTank

Smash Rookie
Dark Samus. Run to one side of Battlefield. Spam missiles and charge your charge shot. If they get close, fire the charge shot at them. Stand under platforms for best effect. If they whiff an attack, use grab. Use fair as a mixup. Repeat until victory.

This is how to be the greatest Samus main in the world. The better you are at this plan, the less fun you will be to play against.

I play Mega Man so that might be hypocritical in this aspect.
:ultmegaman:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Mega Man. Fire Metal Blade and Crash Bomber when at a distance. If they get close, use lemons. Or, jump and overuse Leaf Shield til high percents. Then go for the Mega Upper finish.
:ultryu:

BlueSpeedAlex

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 2802 7664 4700
Mega Man. Fire Metal Blade and Crash Bomber when at a distance. If they get close, use lemons. Or, jump and overuse Leaf Shield til high percents. Then go for the Mega Upper finish.
:ultryu:
Haven't encountered a lot of Ryu players online but I didn't have much trouble against them(probably cuz I'm only at 90k GSP) . Probably the worst I've had to deal with was tatsumaki senpukyaku spamming.
:ultzss::ultcloud::ultsamus:

Last edited:

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
I only fought ZSS and Cloud a handful of times. They can be tough, but they don’t bother me that much. I actually want play against a ZSS player again one day.

:ultyoshi::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultsimon: Or... I can spice it up with my most used WiFi warrriors

:ultganondorf::ultsnake::ultwiifittrainer: And more recently, :ultgnw:

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Oh, a Yoshi Main? I guess I can't say I'm tired of Yo**** anymore because I haven't seen many Yoshi mains online. I guess I'm coming up with something else then. What can I use? Oh I got it.

You really like being able to have attacks that hit hard while online. :ultganondorf:'s Smash Sttacks, :ultsnake:'s Up Tilt, :ultwiifittrainer:'s Sun Salutation, and :ultgnw:'s Judge. 3/4 of them aren't that annoying to play around though, so not that annoying.

Anyways, my mains:
:ultsnake: - Online. My primary in 1v1s.
:ultrichter: - Online. Sometimes a mix up in 1v1s.
:ultike: - FFAs with friends. Not as much online.

Last edited:

QuantumKiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShreckIsDreck
3DS FC
1435-5574-6890
I enjoy playing against the belmonts and snake. I have a small dislike for people who only go for nair autocombos the entire match with ike, but other than that I don't dislike him.

Main :ultcorrinf:

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
I can't say anything too bad or risk being egged.

Jokes aside, getting eaten and dropped as an egg offstage is always a painful way to go...
but on the other end, it's always SO satisfying to do.

Not to mention, every time I encounter Yoshis online they're either scary good or painfully bad. Most often scary good, so I don't have many good wins against them, or easy wins...

:ultkingdedede: or :ultkrool: or :ultjoker:

Last edited:

~?~

The Strangest Link Main

Ahhh, Joker, that character that every one, their mom, their dad, their dead great great GREAT grandparents play, and are never good with. Nothing like whiffing the killing blow because Arsene appeared at the right time to say "**** skill gaps, I'm a rage mechanic on crack", as the attack goes clean through Joker's body and does nothing. Don't get me started on 360 coverage counter that also hits under stages lmao

DDD. The one character that any one playing on 1990's dial up internet can win with simply by throwing Gordos and living forever with because he's heavy.

no offense.

:ultlink: and :ultganondorf:

Last edited:

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
Link is starting to get on my nerves a little, as I can never get good punishes on him. With Ganondorf, I don’t really struggle with him unless the Ganon player is really good. I can always work around his attacks.

Mains::ultyoshi::ultpalutena::ultpacman:
Secondaries::ultsimon::ultwiifittrainer::ultganondorf::ultsnake::ultcorrinf::ultinkling::ultkirby:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Why is this character so unbelievably good at everything? She can camp me out with her spammable specials, she can rush me with her insane mobility, meanwhile I'm sitting over here with my worst-in-the-game airspeed wondering where my life went wrong.

Speaking of which, :ultkingdedede:

BuckTooth

Smash Rookie
Oh, her. She who uses Nayru's Love for seemingly EVERYTHING. She breaks your combos with it, she reflects your projectiles with it, she slows her falling speed momentarily with it, she out-prioritizes a lot of your attacks with it, and she even uses it in the opening cutscene of WoL (which must be the only time the move ever fails).

Wendy

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Eh, the meme was never funny at the start...
Anyway, don't know how to fight you tho.

:ultdoc:
Pills are annoying to deal with and Dr. Tornado is just a ridiculous move in general, but other than that, you're basically just a less threatening Mario. Kudos for being original, though.

:ultkingdedede:

Naov

Smash Cadet
I wish I played more against :ultkingdedede: to learn them better. It always seems that will be an easy big fat guy, but it is actually very fast and has insane reach with his attacks.

The most annoying things: gordo time, and probably it will be jumping as an actual bird 95% of the time.

:ultgunner: (mii gunner: charge blast | stealth bomb | bomb drop | lunar launch)

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Not anywhere near annoying on the field of battle, but people say dumb things like "Plant Gang" in real life all the time.

:ultsnake::ultrichter::ultike:

Last edited:

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
I think that Belmonts have a romantic relationship with the B button, at least from the ones I played against.

Mains::ultyoshi::ultpalutena::ultpacman:
Secondaries::ultsimon::ultwiifittrainer::ultcorrinf::ultkirby::ultinkling::ultganondorf::ultsnake:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Shulk's way too loveable to hate, i never feel annoyed when fighting against him.

I have no patience for Wolf's shenaningans though.

:ultness::ultisabelle:

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
Ah Yoshi, one of my most hated characters to go up against..

You Yoshi Mains sure do love down special huh?

:ultshulk::ultwolf:
Yes we do, but we have other tools to annoy our opponents as well.

As for the person above me, please stop spamming PK Fire. Ness isn’t that difficult to fight if you know what you are doing, but it doesn’t make him any less annoying. As for Isabelle, I forgot that she was in this game to be honest.

Mains: :ultyoshi::ultpalutena::ultpacman:
Secondaries: :ultsimon::ultwiifittrainer::ultcorrinf::ultganondorf::ultkirby::ultinkling::ultsnake:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Yes we do, but we have other tools to annoy our opponents as well.

As for the person above me, please stop spamming PK Fire. Ness isn’t that difficult to fight if you know what you are doing, but it doesn’t make him any less annoying. As for Isabelle, I forgot that she was in this game to be honest.

Secondaries: :ultsimon::ultwiifittrainer::ultcorrinf::ultganondorf::ultkirby::ultinkling::ultsnake:
Well, I'll ask you at least stop spamming against me after the second time I send you flying into the blast zone by countering such an easy to read move.

Kirby: Same as above, and GODDAMN STOP MASHING THE C-STICK.

Nutty Sponge

Smash Apprentice
Shulk's way too loveable to hate, i never feel annoyed when fighting against him.

I have no patience for Wolf's shenaningans though.

:ultness::ultisabelle:
He really is, who doesn't love Shulk :D

Greninja- why do you guys play like you're on crack? Jesus slow down there bud no one's even close to ya

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
Ah Shulk. He is one of those characters that I respect but struggle with every time I battle him. So much range on his sword and if he is used correctly, he can kill at such early percents.

Secondaries: :ultsimon::ultsnake::ultwiifittrainer::ultganondorf::ultinkling::ultcorrinf::ultkirby:

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
due to a sh*tty online system that won't allow me to consistently 1v1 in competitive settings anywhere, i can only definitively say how annoying these three were in sm4sh, but that won't stop me from making an educated guess about them in ultimate.

yoshi was a pain in the neck to deal with in sm4sh. major buffs stacked on top of an increased pace in the game would probably equal to him being one of the most annoying characters to deal with. it isn't easy for me to out space him. pac-man was bad in sm4sh and never posed a threat if i saw either of them on for glory. i know a pac-man main in real life who gets good results at locals in ultimate, but either pac-man still isn't anything significant in comparison to ness, or i am a better player by far. i don't know the current state of palutena in ultimate because i have never seen her in action, but she was in the same position as pac-man on for glory.

anyways, you can probably figure out who my solo main is.

Last edited:

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
The annoying thing about Ness is that Ness gets the opponent stuck in the PK fire (and then Ness uses a 2nd attack while the opponent is still stuck in the PK fire).

:ultyoshi:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom