• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace

I was actually talking about this to Xiivi.
He's just moving into a new apartment, and needs to set up the internet, something he hasn't finished just quite.

No you won't. Just remember, when things get tough, and they will, that Meta Knight will be waiting.
What is wrong with you? Like do you have a problem or something. Your so nice irl. I usually play mk out of boredom, not bc I NEED him. I'm sorry that i can competently play Lucario, Mk, Peach, Wario, Toon Link, Marth and many other characters. Don't complain bc you can only play Sonic and you main a garbage lower tier. Thats your fault not mine.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
LOL so I was lookin at a Fresh Prince vid, and a comment said somethin about Carlton being in a Pepsi Commercial with Michael Jackson in the late 1980's.

DA BESSSSS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd15YVb2M6M

He's the kid in the red jacket. You'll see his face around :40 when he turns to see MJ.

HAHAHAHA.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He said PROBABLY and play ALMOST all Lucario... he never stated he wouldn't go MK and whats wrong playing MK not like hes BANNED or anything you know...
What is wrong with you? Like do you have a problem or something. Your so nice irl. I usually play mk out of boredom, not bc I NEED him. I'm sorry that i can competently play Lucario, Mk, Peach, Wario, Toon Link, Marth and many other characters. Don't complain bc you can only play Sonic and you main a garbage lower tier. Thats your fault not mine.
Eww. Perhaps I should've ended with an :p
It was all sarcasm. I really had no bad intentions.

Didn't think you guys were so touchy on the subject. Sorry about that. This is a little...embarrassing.

Having said that, I'll just address the point in bold. It's not that I can't play anyone else in Brawl, it's because I choose not to. I'm sure if I actually put hard work and effort into it, that I could play any other character just as good, if not better than Sonic. Oh, and I don't complain about maining low tier trash. I lose because I lose, that's that.

You guys always seem to go crazy and have fun on Smashboards, didn't think you'd take something like a vague playful little comment so hard.;;

PS: And since I didn't realize until now that I hadn't done it in the entirety of my post: I'm sorry.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
it's cuz MK players deal with enough **** already, Espy

we get **** on all the time despite MK being not that good (can't take 1st ever in Atlantic North; mediocre character here now below Diddy Kong, Snake, and Ice Climbers for sure) and most of us being very good with other characters (Lee's Lucario, my Snake, ksizzle's Lucario, Shadow's Wario, etc.)

it's like "oh you resort to MK" as if it's cheating or dishonorable to pick the 4th best character in the game :laugh:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
it's cuz MK players deal with enough **** already, Espy

we get **** on all the time despite MK being not that good (can't take 1st ever in Atlantic North; mediocre character here now below Diddy Kong, Snake, and Ice Climbers for sure) and most of us being very good with other characters (Lee's Lucario, my Snake, ksizzle's Lucario, Shadow's Wario, etc.)

it's like "oh you resort to MK" as if it's cheating or dishonorable to pick the 4th best character in the game :laugh:
I understand. I main Sonic. We've been ignored for at least 50% of the Brawl board's life. Hell, a mod even made it a point to say that no Sonic main should ever become a mod, just because we were Sonic mains. Low tiers get just as much discrimination, so I can see where they're coming from.

I've even personally experienced this discrimination in tournaments, specifically WHOBO.

Besides, I've already apologized for my mistake. I just wish that Lee wasn't so harsh right back. Saying that I can only play as a crappy character doesn't make what he said any better than what I said in that regard.

Gnes

Smash Master
I woke up to say...

Espy's posts are usually sarcastic

Lee's Lucario is amazing

Al North loses to snake only because of Ally, and also because there best player plays diddy, mk is still a chr, and as a chr he's better than everyone else. End of debate.

Snake is a gay character, but not gayer than squirtle.........lo

Hylian is popular...who knew???

back to sleep

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The shadows for that picture don't seem accurate.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, In your opinion who is top 5, in order.
Snake, Diddy Kong/ICs, MK, Falco.

Al North loses to snake only because of Ally, and also because there best player plays diddy, mk is still a chr, and as a chr he's better than everyone else. End of debate.
Fatal, Anti, Candy.

You forgot about Meep and ChuDat in MD/VA. You forgot about Darc and Dazwa up north.

MK doesn't win anywhere in our region.

Pay attention.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol for once I agree with Inui, though I don't think MK is 4th best, I would say he's tied for 2nd with Diddy and ICs (Snake being 1st). Personally, I think at top play MK might be slightly lower than ICs and a little better than Diddy, but he is a character that you can pick up much faster.

I feel the need to say this since I main MK, that people think I main him because I suck and I want to win, but that's not the case. If anyone has ever watched me play they know I can't sit still for a second to camp, I always want to approach. Why? Because it's fun and this game is all camp, except MK, he's really the only true character left that doesn't have to camp to win. So that's why I play him, because I have fun actually approaching and not camping for 8 minutes. *shrugs*

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Snake, well, no explanation needed about this guy in singles. Just look at how dumb he is.

Diddy Kong can form a brick wall around himself and use a projectile to set himself up for both big damage and kills; no character can do this besides him.

ICs can grab you and take your entire stock instantly.

MK can...float around and hope he doesn't get hit 4 times by Snake or grabbed once by ICs, lol. Everyone also focuses/focused so heavily on beating MK that every character's anti-MK game is better than MK's metagame against them.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This doesn't make MK a worst character than them, though.
In the current tournament metagame, yeah, it can influence character standings.

On paper, characters like MK, ICs, and Marth are disgustingly broken.

In actual play based on player limitations and the current metagame, Meta Knight isn't that good. Definitely very far from bannable. I can't name a single character where MK's metagame against them is more advanced than their metagame against MK. Everyone seems to be good at fighting MK while MKs walk into match-ups with much less knowledge and experience, which is hindering MK right now.

Sure, that could change, but I doubt it. I think the anti-MK metagame will always be a step or two ahead of MK's metagame against <insert character>.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Everyone seems to be good at fighting MK while MKs walk into match-ups with much less knowledge and experience, which is hindering MK right now.
This is something I agree with 100%.

But in actual play, I still think MK is the best character in the game. Just not as much as some "anti-MKers" claim.

Esca

Smash Champion
Guys, in all seriousness, Beaumont is gonna have a tournament in February.

Not sure of the details yet, obviously. But my college has an amazing student center that we can use for a venue. I'll video it soon, etc.

Edit: DOJO, I had a dream about you last night. Like, seriously. Allan waited till one HOBO started, then said that MK/Diddy/Kirby was banned, and you and him fought irl. It was crazy.

Edit2: Or maybe I am?!?!

Edit3: Or maybe LEE IS!!!!!!!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Everyone seems to be good at fighting MK while MKs walk into match-ups with much less knowledge and experience, which is hindering MK right now.
This is something I agree with 100%.

But in actual play, I still think MK is the best character in the game. Just not as much as some "anti-MKers" claim.
I think the opposite of this is true for my character, I think that's the only reason I'm so good with him. Silly G&W has more tricks than I know what to do with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom