• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
wow Hobo17 is lookin to be pretty big, could it be cuz meta is banned? lol

also if need be ill volunteer to be a pool leader i managed my pool well at Whobo and had fun doin it...

also in my apartment im housing myself and the RGV but i have room for more ppl so Ally is welcome to stay with me if he decides to come

i think i was housing LA but they may be stayin with Esca now instead so ya let me know if u need it Allan ok

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would like to be a pool leader. I just need to be informed on what I gotta do or something like that :o
All you need to do is make sure your pool plays all their matches and doesn't **** around. Also, make sure to spread matches evenly, unless someone really wants to play all their matches at once.

Gea

Smash Master
I try to let an obviously top seed play their matches first (aka Ally, etc) and play your own matches last. Usually this is the most appreciated choice for everyone.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Darn, I looked up our flight status, and we don't get back to Houston until 3:30. No Hobo17 for me, confirmed.

I'm gonna MAKE SURE I go to WHOBO2. Like, if I don't go, I'll be angry. Seriously, I'm missing Ally??

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
oh ****, ally said just now on AiB he WILL go. Its confirmed now. Housing and transportation is all thats left to settle out

here si the list of events that will be ging on through-out the day

Brawl 1vs1 pools
Brawl 1vs1 bracket
Brawl 2vs2(only call out the people who DID NOT make it out of pools)
Brawl low tier 2vs2(or 1vs1, im not sure)
Melee(same time as low tier)

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I can't go to jogs. Were gonna be busy all day Friday, and now I'm missing 3 things :(.

PnT, Jogs, and HOBO.

FML.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
MikeHaze just told me he's coming to this. He's gonna need housing too. Xyro, you should post a list of people coming somewhere, so we can build national hype!

Xyro77

if mike Haze goes, SK is his partner.

HOLY ****!!!!!!!

Guys, from here on out, please post in th HOBO 17 thread. im heading over there now(thanks jerm)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I'm not teaming with sk, i'm teaming with Ally :p

I will need housing though, like jerm said haha. i haven't bought my ticket yet but will let you guys know my info when i get it

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Wow, this is some ****ing hype! So many OoS players!

I'm debating on housing or staying with the RGV crew and Seiya... I'll probably house.

I'll send PMs to Mike and Ally to tell them that I'm deciding and then I'll tell my parents tomorrow.

EDIT: Just sent PMs. I'll ask my parents about housing tomorrow.

Xyro77

I'm not teaming with sk, i'm teaming with Ally :p

I will need housing though, like jerm said haha. i haven't bought my ticket yet but will let you guys know my info when i get it
oh, sk was talking to me like you were going with him. Oh well, yea so please get your ticket and let me know what airport! I recommend HOBBY but if you have to do BUSH thats fine to. Once i know this info ill nail down some housing for you.

TREE: if you could house some people for hobo 17, ill cover your 1vs1 fee and 2vs2 fee for hobo 18. Oh BTW, as SOON as you know, pleas go post it in the HOBO17 thread!!!!!

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
TREE: if you could house some people for hobo 17, ill cover your 1vs1 fee and 2vs2 fee for hobo 18. Oh BTW, as SOON as you know, pleas go post it in the HOBO17 thread!!!!!
Sweet, I won't lose money! Like I said, housing is probably gonna work out just fine and I'll know when my step Mom gets home at 6pm or so and I'll call my Dad and talk to him about it.

I will post in the Hobo 17 thread when I get the green light.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
oh, sk was talking to me like you were going with him. Oh well, yea so please get your ticket and let me know what airport! I recommend HOBBY but if you have to do BUSH thats fine to. Once i know this info ill nail down some housing for you.

dude wtf i posted sayin i could house ppl and im already housing others too! do i need to post in big green letters for u to see?! lol

Xyro77

Guys, please ask as many friends as you can to go to HOBO 17. Even if it means makin your little bro/sis/dog enter 1vs1!!!!! I would like to set a record if possible.

Seiya, i know you are housing those RGV guys. I even text u about it. Relax. You think i would leave you out or something? YEA RIGHT!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Even if they only enter Maylay?

And is that the mikeHAZE guy that played melee but sucked a lot but still had a lot of videos of him sucking a lot on youtube?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol. I don't think he plays Brawl.

I would find it funny if you guys MM'd in Melee and you won.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
OMG all this hype just cuz Ruddy MIGHT be coming to hobo17? I'm gonna need housing, and someone needs to pay for me entry too, I'm going to be spending all my money on the ticket over here.

Just kidding, but seriously this looks like a good chance I'll be able to come. I do need some housing though. And I'm gonna need a doubles partner if Ally doesn't team with me.

Edit:

MikeHAZE is the best melee player alive. Not too mention 2nd best brawl player alive (next to xyro).

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wait WHATT? Whats new about the new version and what changes have they made?
Are you saying "what" to me quitting or pogeys?
But yeah like tallman said it's just going to be one kickass story line with a **** load of legendaries to catch: Ho oh, Lugia, 3 birds, 3 dogs, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Arceus movie event, and once you get Arceus he'll make 1 d/p/p legend of your choice (dialga, palkia, or giratina). Other than that battling won't change, it will probably be even gayer than when Platinum came out. What were they thinking giving Salamence outage, and Scizor bullet punch?!

we allowed to bring h4xed pogeymanz?
for hobo17? **** no.

Xyro, I got your message. When my dad gets back, I'll ask him and then text/call you.

Soul Silver gon be da ****ttttttt. :]

Finally, a chance to wrap tallman and jog even worse then in brawl.
$20 MM. Book it son.

More Updated Smashfest info! *Please read everything*

I'll be having one this Friday coming. July 24th and this time I'll have a 20 player cap

Few rules a need to lay down though. Just watch the language while my parents are home, eat/drink in the kitchen, and have fun (corny). That's really all I ask from you guys.

Also I'm going to run this like Gea's fest, and have a mini tourney. SO BRING MONEY! You will need it for pizza, soda, and the tourney. Bring at least $10 just to be on the safe side.

$3 for pizza
$1 for soda
$2 for Singles tourney
$2 each for Doubles tourney!

I'm starting this at 4:00pm, sadly I can't do it earlier.
I'm ending this at 11:00 so you guys gotta head out at 11! Now I love being everyone's friend but if I need something from you guys please respect it: (such as keeping the language down and taking care of my house and such)

Okay so 20 player cap! Reserve a spot fast! 2 spots open, this is tomorrow so get a spot.

1.Gea (Pending)
2.Gnes
3.RT
4.Tallman
5.Jerm
6.Pop
7.Quivo (Pending)
8.Blue J
9.Carnage
10.Stiltz
11.Sethlon
12.Xyro
13.Razer
14.Bear (Possibly)
15.Tree
16.Sybawave
17.Ozz
18.Kown

ONE MORE THING!
I can't house anyone for the night this time, sorry.

My address: 4139 club Valley, Houston, TX 77082

832-367-8727 my cell

For parking places, just park in my driveway. I have a very long driveway that can probably fit 10 cars.

We're starting teams first. You guys can play plenty of friendlies, and you're going to have pools and singles at Hobo 17. If you guys want to play singles just get here ON TIME so we can start doubles and get them out of the way then we can move onto single, okay?

There will also be melee
And MK is banned for the tourney.

IF YOU CAN BRING A SETUP PLEASE LET ME KNOW! WE NEED SETUPS!

I NEED A DUBZ PARTNER FOR HOBO 17... *looks at seiya... or anyone interested*

edit:

@Ozz
make sure you and that panda get to this ON TIME! :)

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
LOL @ Xyro, I know a ishload of people who would play brawl for money, only this is you got all the pros coming. I'll bring a friend to talk trash for me though.

And, what's up with nobody being on eastside, it's only me and Flip down herr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom