• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Next time Roy has people over, if you can bring a full setup, you'll have a better chance of getting invited. ;)

The AC Adapter for my laptop malfunctioned or something, so no vids tomorrow, unless someone has a spare AC adapter for Compaq laptops lying around. :ohwell:

jog

Smash Journeyman
Next time Roy has people over, if you can bring a full setup, you'll have a better chance of getting invited. ;)

The AC Adapter for my laptop malfunctioned or something, so no vids tomorrow, unless someone has a spare AC adapter for Compaq laptops lying around. :ohwell:
i'll just record everything instead :)

Trela

Smash Lord
Trela is too young to be going to tournaments.
:O

Let's nawt get started on you, ALBERT!

Btw, I'm thinking about going to PnT next weekend. I probably already said this though :I I'm just looking for some Brawlers to, ya know, Brawl. Anybody thinking of going?

=Trela=

TheJerm

Smash Champion
:O

Let's nawt get started on you, ALBERT!

Btw, I'm thinking about going to PnT next weekend. I probably already said this though :I I'm just looking for some Brawlers to, ya know, Brawl. Anybody thinking of going?

=Trela=
This sat? Or next sat?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm calling him Treal for now on. GET EM', TREAL. ****...HIM!

Hmm, I expect not too many people will go because of finals...but I could be wrong.

Tomorrow will be fun before my weekend of studying. :ohwell:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I have no heroes. I hate everyone.

jog

Smash Journeyman
RT you dirty *******! keep the combo alive!

edit

nah i'm just kiddin' i love you RT. even though you secretly hate me :(

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
To all my fellow smash fightclub members:) I bring good news and some questions. 1st Good news. I was thinking about doing 2 series for you all but they are so close to each other and I wanted to get your opinions. If I was planning on doing a summer series. It would have to be July-September And Vol 2 Of the regular series will start in November just like last years. What I wanted to know from everyone "PLEASE VOTE"(((This is for you ALL))) Answer the questions below:

1: Do you want 2 series?

2: Do you want the regular series to be like last years in November-March with the same months?

3: Do you want a summer series from July-September? Keep in mind, July will only have 1 Sat to play in the series and that will be the kickoff.

4: Any suggestions for the series or something you would like to see?

I need everyones Vote so I can start making the posters ASAP!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Also, this is a heads up for all of you metaknight maining/2nding/ i lose so i go metaknight because am a ****ing moron.

If i were you i would consider preparing to pick up a 2ndary. After genesis i MAY or MAY NOT allow metaknight anymore. This is a warning

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
So is no one going to PnT this Saturday? I'm not sure if I want to go if no one will be there to brawl with.

Gnes

Smash Master
Also, this is a heads up for all of you metaknight maining/2nding/ i lose so i go metaknight because am a ****ing moron.

If i were you i would consider preparing to pick up a 2ndary. After genesis i MAY or MAY NOT allow metaknight anymore. This is a warning
Uhhhh...what??? That was random...non-meta tourneys forever and we would never see Dojo again. And that would be so gay.

I wont be going this saturday

*there u go jerm lol*

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice

I always thought tournies were supposed to be about playing to win.

If playing MK gives someone a better chance of winning a match/set, it would definitely hinder their chances of success by not doing it.

And if you were going to do that, then whats the point of even entering?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
^^well, not really...did you see the HOBO 16 results? xD So many meta mains got good placings, without meta. That's total proof that they have mad skills and can pull off wins without MK just as easily, if they played with them as much as they play with MK.

I am for the metaban, personally, or at LEAST a soft ban. The results would be much more interesting, as well as the matches, and no one who had much more skill than a MK noob in a tourney match and lost anyway will ever have to live through that frustration ever again. Also, it won't affect the outcome for the MK mains out there all that much. They'll still get their deserved place just as often, if they can prove their worth with any other character.

If he has no bad matchups or stages, and if you go to any tourney you see them everywhere, then why doesn't everyone play with MK in the first place? Sadly, I think that might be what it will have to come to before SBR decides to ban him.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
matchups are tentative at this point.

The point i am making is that what is the point of competing if you dont let people do it at their full potential?

Like the Patriots that went 16-0 in the regular season. Did the NFL decide to ban them from the playoffs for being "broken"? No, people just continued to prepare for them and try their best and exploit their possible weaknesses as much as they could.

How good can you really feel by beating someone if they arent using their best char? It would be like M2k choosing to play CF in tourney against a regular tourney goer. Its like a slap to the face when he wins, and not much of an accomplishment if the other guy does.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why bother arguing?

It's Xyro's decision, let him do as he pleases.
You're all gonna go to his tournaments either way, and it's not like the results are gonna change much anyways.

heytallman

CTALL
Like the Patriots that went 16-0 in the regular season. Did the NFL decide to ban them from the playoffs for being "broken"? No, people just continued to prepare for them and try their best and exploit their possible weaknesses as much as they could.
You can't compare MK to a sports team. Sports teams change over time, whereas a character in a video game does not. Look at the Patriots last season, IIRC, they didn't do so hot. MK always does so hawt.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
lol, the pats went 11-5 last year without Brady, they didnt get in the playoffs due to shenanigans.

There are plenty of scrubby MK's out there. It isnt like there are different Mk's trading spots at the top, it is generally the same one or two here in texas. I dunno about other states.

Gea

Smash Master
Yeah, and? I think the biggest point was the fact that it breaks the counterpicking system. I'm not really "pro-ban" persay, but there is some substance to their argument that it is stifling the metagame and breaking the CP system. If I lose to a Marth I can either take him to a neutral or face Metaknight on a CP and be in a very bad way.

If the best players still rise to the top, they can do it without meta. Point is invalid, metas still win. A better argument would be comparing % of tournaments won by meta to the whole marth deal in melee. Marth won more, but then again you gotta realize in Melee those tournaments were like MLGs and it was Ken/M2K that took those like every time.

Alas, a confusing web we weave.

Can Meta be beaten? Yes.
Is he broken? He's definitely leagues above all other characters, but not outright instant win. Easy learning curve does NOT help his case. He also has no stages that outright **** him and only a few put him at VERY slight disadvantages against 1-2 characters.
Would we be better off without him (at least for awhile. Say... a year?) Well...

EDIT: Comparing Smash to Football is a bad idea and you should feel bad. By your logic I could say STEROIDS SHOULDN'T BE BANNED HURR DURR PLAYING TO WIN.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
lol gea, steroids are banned because they give unfair advantages to those who play by the rules. Not to mention they are damaging to the body. The football comparison wasnt a bad one as long as you look further than the surface. It compares how people react to adversity and challenges and their outcomes.

I agree with the counter picking aspect though, but i dont think it is fair to completely ban the char.

Just make a hack where he only has 2 jumps and never auto snaps. That'll do it.

heytallman

CTALL
lol gea, steroids are banned because they give unfair advantages to those who play by the rules. Not to mention they are damaging to the body.
what about people who sustained injuries or diseases that left them with muscle loss? Doctors often prescribe steroids to these people to GET BETTER.

I love ****** people's logic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom