• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
We stopped updating cause no one consistently plays anymore.

No Smashfests/Tournaments ever since Ascension.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I forgot when the last time I've been to a tourny in Houston is. I remember joking about how it seemed like every tourny I was going to just happened to be out of city, then poof, stopped brawl.

:059:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The ps4 will be shown tonight at 6pm east coast time in NY city.

Any major gaming site will have the stream/updates.

Ign
Kotaku
Gamespot
Gametrailers

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm just curious about the price and games. I can see it being around $400-450.

Gea

Smash Master
Not that I don't think it's the PS4, but they never actually confirmed that's what they were revealing. On another note, Sony gave me a 10 dollar voucher for PSN, bringing my Wallet up to 37 bucks and change. If anyone has any good suggestions for it, I'm all ears.

Xyro77

It doesn't need to come from the horses mouth in order for it to be true.

I really hope they dont charge an insane amount for the system this time around unless they wanna start of this next gen badly like last time.

Gea

Smash Master
I don't think they can afford to mess it up, so I'm pretty sure they've learned that 599USD is too much for the instant install base. And yeah, I agree that it's most likely the PS4, but it would be absolutely hilarious if it was just something like a new model of the Vita. Either way I'm not really looking into getting any more consoles, but it is always interesting to see the evolution of consumer technology. I would place money on the fact that they are going to push this to be a media center harder than they did even the PS3.

Xyro77

I was reading stuff and WatchDogs/MetalGear Solid 5 might be announced for ps4. If so, I'm buying it. MGS4 is in my top 10 games of all time.

Xyro77

Yea I def agree that Sony is gonna push the ps4 to be the "one stop shop" in the living room. It's cool for sure but kinda defeats the purpose of what consoles were created for.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That was just...

Leaked controller was real.

No price.

No media format.

Destiny looks like Halo 5.

Diablo 3 of all things.

I don't...

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Diablo 1 was on PS1 with 2P share screen
Diablo 2 never thought about PS2
But Diablo 3 for PS3/4? The hell is this?

Gea

Smash Master
Visuals are not a significant upgrade, though expect good framerates. No real details but a HEAVY push towards social media/always online/never turning your console off. Integrated streaming and remoate-play with eventual streaming and cloud based stuff. Your online uses your real name. There are some good features in theory, but they seem to be hampered by design choices not aimed at actually being good for the consumer. Like it actually being able to download and install stuff in the background, but from what is going around you can't choose what to download, it "predicts" what to download. The streaming is nice I guess, but it either means all games will not support this feature or lots of system resources are constantly going towards this instead of the game itself. The new store looks at what you've played and tries to customize itself to advertise accordingly. Suspending your games is a good feature, but they made it sound like booting up a game would take longer to encourage you to suspend the game. Ehh... We'll see how it pans out, but so far nothing they've said even makes me want it a little bit. It's pretty clear this isn't a device made for me, but then again I busted a gut when they announced Diablo III for the PS3/4.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
RIP Mango Pickle

RIP Grim Turtle

You will be missed.

Xyro77

hello my name is xyro77 i like books, i plan on being a musician and my favorite sport is women's tennis

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hi xyro77. Based on those facts, I predict that you will enjoy the knowledge that a diddy main, Fliphop, won HOBO 12 at Lee College, which was one of the first Meta Knight Banned tournaments.

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
so i bought a NES game on virtual console....and its 39MB wtf? thats bigger than an n64 game. this 8 gigs is gonna be used up in no time

Gea

Smash Master
It's pretty likely that the 39MB means whatever emulator they have running the game makes up the rest of the size... for some reason.

Tesh

Smash Hero
thats ********, they should have just released it as a collection if im buying NES games that take up 40 mb each...

there is basically no reason for me to spend the money supporting nintendo when this game is...16 KB and they wasted pretty much the entirety of 40MB i can just get the entire NES collection on an emulator and use LESS space

btw i bought balloon fight and f zero but it looks like im gonna have to be pretty picky from now on since ill still need space for updates and installing stuff thats mandatory.

Xyro77

Pretty cool non e3 press event. They said they started to work on the ps4 in 2008. You can tell that they are addressing major issues that were found on ps3 (huge load times/hard to develop for.....ect) and are promising those wont happen on ps4. Touch screen on controller is another page out of Nintendo's book (as usual). Kinda sad that there is no ps3 playback. Unless you can download it to the ps4 and play it later, this is a major bad move.

Diablo 3 on ps3/ps4 literally is like Mass Effect 3 or Batman Arkam City on WiiU. Not only is it late to the party but the masses already bought it on a SUPERIOR system (PC for D3). Besides, Diablo 3 is REALLY bad if u played D2 seriously.

M$soft should show their 720 at e3.

The only complaint i really have is that this 8th gen of consoles is becoming even MORE like PCs (even WiiU, though less so) and less of a console. The 360/ps3 started leaning towards that when they started to be able to do do "everything." Now that the ps4/720 are coming, i think that the line between PC/console gaming will be even thinner. These 8th gen consoles (except wiiu) are basically doing everything a PC does, just slightly ****tier. It bothers me a little that the current purpose of consoles isn't the same as it was originally.

Xyro77

Dont c
thats ********, they should have just released it as a collection if im buying NES games that take up 40 mb each...

there is basically no reason for me to spend the money supporting nintendo when this game is...16 KB and they wasted pretty much the entirety of 40MB i can just get the entire NES collection on an emulator and use LESS space

btw i bought balloon fight and f zero but it looks like im gonna have to be pretty picky from now on since ill still need space for updates and installing stuff thats mandatory.
Dude come on, you have plenty of options.

1. Move them to SD cards/HDD or move other data to SD cards/HDD.

2. You got the 8gig WiiU......lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
its not "lol", with the 120 dollars i saved I can get why more external space than you if I feel the need later on. 32 gig is a ****ty size for a hard drive anyway and you will be in the same boat after you buy 2 or 3 digital copies of games.

it doesnt matter how much space i have, i can afford more SD cards, its just that a 16kb game should not take up 40mb of space. I shudder at the thought of how much space id need to waste for a gba, n64 or gamecube game on virtual console. I'm definitely done with NES, I already had a massive collection on my DS and i can get the entire collection on my wii with less wasted space

Xyro77

its not "lol", with the 120 dollars i saved I can get why more external space than you if I feel the need later on. 32 gig is a ****ty size for a hard drive anyway and you will be in the same boat after you buy 2 or 3 digital copies of games.

it doesnt matter how much space i have, i can afford more SD cards, its just that a 16kb game should not take up 40mb of space. I shudder at the thought of how much space id need to waste for a gba, n64 or gamecube game on virtual console. I'm definitely done with NES, I already had a massive collection on my DS and i can get the entire collection on my wii with less wasted space
So then stop complaining.

Xyro77

RT, i beat FE:A. Its the first and only FE game i beat and it was really really good imo. Im pissed it cant get 8 marths and I am also pissed i cant get marth to have sex with miss marth. The baby marth would have been able to weild dual falchion blades.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, they did a good job of making this FE accessible and enjoyable for new or casual players but also keeping the insane difficulty for the hardcore fans.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I forgot to ask, who did you have MU marry?

Favorite and least liked characters?

Xyro77

I forgot to ask, who did you have MU marry?

Favorite and least liked characters?
Who is MU? is that Chrom? He married Sumaria (sp?) Or did you mean Xyro (me)? Xyro married no one.

Favorite characters were def Virion and Kellan.

Post game, Virion was considered a traitor to his country and none of his friends/family ever spoke to him ever again. THAT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!! Then you have that HUGE Kellan dude who left to go on a journey by himself and it took Chrom and the others YEARS to realize he was gone. LOL!!! Those two guys were def my most used units. They never died and always pulled through when i needed them. Virion was an archer and then a sniper 2 times. Kellan was a Knight and then a General 2 times. i made them become the final class 2 times so they could get more stats.

Most hated character was def Xyro. I felt like he was the only character in the game that did not fit. The voice/face i picked def didnt fit him. He looked 30 but sounded like 18 when he spoke. Then the plot twist (2 xyros) made it even worse. Other than Xyro/Chrom/Virion/Sully/Stahl/Kellan/Frederick/Lissa/Donnel, i used no one else.

Im gonna try and beat the game one more time on a harder difficulty but this time i will only use 4 characters. Miss Marth, Chrom, Xyro and maybe that super emo dark mage girl. Ill have Miss Marth sex Xyro and Chrom sex dark mage girl.

Also, who are considered the best characters? I swear Frederick and Donnel could prob beat the game by themselves. Donnel seems near broken cause his weapons never break, he always hits twice and ALWAYS dodges attacks.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
FYI, all the first gen female characters can have children. So you might have missed a lot of sidequests if you didn't marry people. MU (My Unit) always has a child with whoever they marry. You missed recruiting Xyro Jr...

Promoting and class changing is important on higher difficulties, because skills become much more important than stats. You're supposed to get Lvl 10 with base class, promote, get Lvl 15, class change with second seal to totally new class, repeat. You'll need the broken skills when the enemies start using forged weapons and cap their stats...

If you can only use four characters in Lunatic, I will be impressed.

Frederick is part of an FE character archetype where a character starts out as pre-promoted, which is usually bad. But in most recent FEs, they are actually good. Beating the early chapters on higher difficulties is almost impossible without him...

Henry is probably the most entertaining character for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom