• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I maxed out all of Marths stats and got some decent skills on him. This is gonna take forever if I do this stuff for 9 other chars.

Xyro77

FE:A is the only SRPG I've played other than FF tactics on the GBA. That was really fun too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You should play Tactics Ogre. It's also a pretty fun SRPG.

Gea

Smash Master
FFT:A was pretty weak. +1 to Tactics Ogre, and despite being still sorta watered down, FFTA2 (the DS one) is fun.

Xyro77

You should play Tactics Ogre. It's also a pretty fun SRPG.
I take it back, i actually played that one too but for the GBA. I made tons of snap dragon swords. great game. iirc u could actually use dragons and beats as characters.

Gea

Smash Master
Yeah. If you ever get a chance play the one for PSP (which is a remake of the PS1/SNES one). Blows the GBA one away, and that was a great game too.

Xyro77

It would be best to do it after hobo 39 so I have some legit/current results to use. Even then, is it worth it? Illmatic Trela Gnes razer don't play so pretty much every body get a huge boost for no reason.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
^^^^ im pretty sure hobo will show that these washed up ***** ******* aint got nothing on maharba the mother ****in mystic.

the only time illmatic won't be washed up is in dubz, and that's because he's teaming with yo boy

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well its been like 8 months since the last update right? So we already missed one anyway. There is plenty of stuff to consider. Aside from dropping Razer (possibly), no drastic changes. Gnes/Trela/Illmatic showed they still have "it" in Dallas so its not like they would be voted out of the top 5 by any means.

If I had to guess as the order:
1-Gnes
2-Trela
3-Pwii
4-Illmatic
5-Sync
6-PJ
7-10 is some ordering of fliphop,kilik, asa and tesh

I'd just hope to do it before the circuit kicks off for the sake of seeding, if we did a crew battle vs OoC/OoS or the possibilities of top player bounties or something.

Keeping with the 4 month timing you used to have, you'd still update again before the championship too.

Gea

Smash Master
I'd just hope to do it before the circuit kicks off for the sake of seeding
You... you know you aren't supposed to pre-seed circuits, right? And if you did, it would be via some "road to" tournament. The whole point of the "points" system is to seed every consecutive event via results.

Tesh

Smash Hero
maybe you aren't "supposed to" but denti wont fight trela round 1 just because its the first circuit event

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro

Tyrant

His rules

Does what he wants

Deal with it

Did I do it right?

Xyro77

I won't make a new Houston PR u till I see some results from Houston events. Gimmi links to some Houston events. Or events (Dallas/SA/Austin....ect) that more than 3 Houston players attend. Make sure the results are AFTER the last Houston PR that was made.

Circuit seeding will be done after the first event becomes complete. I need one event to seed the next.

Gea

Smash Master
maybe you aren't "supposed to" but denti wont fight trela round 1 just because its the first circuit event
Then you are preemptively affecting the results of the circuit by rigging the bracket. Don't like this? Have pre-circuit qualifiers or push for swiss/pools pre-first tournament barcket that will only seed, not eliminate players.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
Well pretty much everyone in houston bodies denti, now i need to fight gnes and trela, then rankings. But I mean... just look at how pathetic the rankings would look like LOL, it is basically whoever still enters trneys in houston... As long as houston players are seeded>dallas players, then the seeding is correct.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'm better than PJ..

Anyways, Xyro do you think singles can get finished faster than usual? Or at least start singles first.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I will literally do anything I can to make this a reality. Except enter.
come to revolution, you will be seeded as a random because you didnt enter hobo 39

I won't make a new Houston PR u till I see some results from Houston events. Gimmi links to some Houston events. Or events (Dallas/SA/Austin....ect) that more than 3 Houston players attend. Make sure the results are AFTER the last Houston PR that was made.

Circuit seeding will be done after the first event becomes complete. I need one event to seed the next.
well the last PR was voted before WHOBO 4. I remember being PMed about it in July of last year.

So Ascension 2, 3, 4, WHOBO4, TCS6, Revolution 16, Whobo tryhards might have also been after the update
Whobo 4 MK banned - http://www.smashboards.com/threads/326126/
Whobo Tryhards - http://www.smashboards.com/threads/325845/
Texas Crusade Series 6 - http://www.smashboards.com/threads/334067/
Revolution 13 - http://www.smashboards.com/threads/328111/
Ascension 2 - http://www.smashboards.com/threads/328708/
Ascension 3 -http://www.smashboards.com/threads/329383/
[collapse=Ascenion 4 - No Results Thread]
1: Jnig+Gnes ($70.00)​
2: PJ+Pwii ($20.00)​
3: Razer+P4 ($10.00)​
4: Kilik+Maharba​
5: Run C.T.+Asa​
5: Sync+Zephyr​
1: Pwii ($70.00)​
2: Denti ($20.00)​
3: Razer ($10.00)​
4: Kilik​
5: Sync​
5: Jnig​
7: Tesh​
7: PJ​
9: Run C.T​
9: Phamink​
9: Maharba​
9: Zephyr​
[/collapse]​

Only things besides those I can think of are events where just Sync and/or I went like TCS4, TASOL,Wintercon etc.

@Gea, I'm all for the most ideal and accurate way of doing things, but no one in the smash community agrees with me or has the resources to run an event that way. In all fairness, pools should always be done if possible, but its not. Instead of fighting that losing battle, I'm gonna skip it and suggest we solve it with a few PMs and votes.

edit: I forgot Apex, did 4 houston players go to that or was it just pj, pwii and razer?

Gea

Smash Master
@Gea, I'm all for the most ideal and accurate way of doing things, but no one in the smash community agrees with me or has the resources to run an event that way. In all fairness, pools should always be done if possible, but its not. Instead of fighting that losing battle, I'm gonna skip it and suggest we solve it with a few PMs and votes.?
So don't make it a circuit, or deal with the first one having random seeding. You're supposed to go to all events anyways, and use points for seeding. Stop trying to change that. Post-circuit should make a good PR.

Tesh

Smash Hero
PR got updated every 4 months, no reason it can't be updated before AND after the circuit.

Tesh

Smash Hero
There is no point in having the PR that outdated when its always been done every 4 months.

How exactly does this concern you Espy?

Both the TX PR and the Houston PR have fallen apart since last summer and there have been plenty of tournaments since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom