• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
M2K threw the match.. he doesnt want his MK banned lol. JK.. kinda xD
As crazy as this might sound...... i seriously would not put it past him.... he is a good player and all..... but think about it, what does he have to loose??? yeah a couple hundred dollars ( like that matters to him) he would place well without him, but there is no denying MK makes things ALOT easier for him. Just a thought

Gea

Smash Master
The money matters a lot to him, and supposedly he asked to split mid-match. Supposedly.

What can you say? Snake is too good.

jog

Smash Journeyman
so a SNAKE second to MK on the tier list wins 1 major tourny. where did MK place? second. that ****er still needs to be banned.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Well, this is definitely bad for everyone who wants to ban Meta lol. This tournament was VERY diverse.
so was world hobo. look it up.

this tourney was one giant upset.
you go tthat right

so yea that just happened.

So, i think we can conclude from this that it really all comes down to the player rather than the character in most cases.
incorrect. m2k has lost how many and won how many?

M2K threw the match.. he doesnt want his MK banned lol. JK.. kinda xD
at first i thought he was but then i saw what ally was doing. pure skill.

so a SNAKE second to MK on the tier list wins 1 major tourny. where did MK place? second. that ****er still needs to be banned.
yep. met needs to be banned.

im about 50% sure ill ban him after gen(**** you ally but very nice job on m2k! you deserved it))

Trela

Smash Lord
Me and my bro were waving our fists in the air going for Ally lol xD

Razer, I'll give you 4$ instead of 3. It's just cause I <3'ed your set with Anther...

=Trela=

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
m2k cant be used for the ban discussion. M2k is the best brawl player easily.

Many other great players outplaced many MKs at this tourney. Anther/lain/adhd/atomsk/candy/NL and ally all got top 10, but none of them play MK.

edit: i saw plenty of m2k dsmashes...everytime you saw ally hitting him with an ftilt, it was prolly from a shielded dsmash.

Gnes

Smash Master
who cares about ban or not ban... just bask in how simply amazing that set was for a little longer!

edit: did anyone notice that m2k didnt dsmash like once this tourney?
uh...what matches were u watching lol...

razer got camped hard against anther...we all know its his weakness but ****...that was bad

Xyro77

who cares about ban or not ban... just bask in how simply amazing that set was for a little longer!

edit: did anyone notice that m2k didnt dsmash like once this tourney?
those vids will go straight to my favs

that set was the best set of brawl and melee......

Xyro77

Results (210 entrants):
1. Ally (Snake)
2. Mew2King (Metaknight)
3. Lain (IC's/DDD)
4. Anti (Metaknight/Snake/DDD)
5. Atomsk (DDD)
5. Ksizzle (Metaknight/Lucario)
7. Anther (Pikachu)
7. ADHD? (Diddy Kong)
9. Candy (Snake)
9. Ninjalink (Diddy Kong)

Lawl maybe Xyro is going to make Snake banned tourneys now.

:laugh:
incorrect. snake can be CP by level and character. meta cant.

Xyro77

Gnes

Smash Master
get over it white boy
Uh...what:ohwell:

Have some regional pride texas sucked at this tourney...NO ONE MADE top 10.

yeah anther legitly won...but he was clearly running away on that last match...its gay for little razerlll

IDK why people keep saying meta cant be cped by chr/level. Its actually very wrong. He doesn't have lots of stages he does bad on but they do exist.

Gea...it appears we were right about snake. I like being right.

Xyro77

Uh...what:ohwell:

Have some regional pride texas sucked at this tourney...NO ONE MADE top 10.

yeah anther legitly won...but he was clearly running away on that last match...its gay for little razerlll

IDK why people keep saying meta cant be cped by chr/level. Its actually very wrong. He doesn't have lots of stages he does bad on but they do exist.

Gea...it appears we were right about snake. I like being right.
he cant be CPed

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
there is nothing wrong with playing safe when possible.

NL also went pika.

Atomsk was super impressive at this tourney as well. If lain hadn't beat m2k, i think he would have been top 3.

Ally is just too good at the little things. His DI is insane, the character he plays only magnifies it.
I was a little surprised Candy beat Dojo, and apparently it was convincingly. Anyone know if those were recorded at all?

Also, in regards to the MK ban, i think ally said it best.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Snake CAN be counterpicked, there's a high chance of Snake taking over simply because he the second best character in the tier list.

Character trends influence results. After all, if more people play a character, including the pros, then it's likely that character will dominate due to being played more.

Also, in regards to the MK ban, i think ally said it best.
And what did he say?

Xyro77

Snake CAN be counterpicked, there's a high chance of Snake taking over simply because he the second best character in the tier list.

Character trends influence results. After all, if more people play a character, including the pros, then it's likely that character will dominate due to being played more.

And what did he say?
snake can be CP ALOT.

Gnes

Smash Master
Flip is broken. He throws bananas. Keith lets play during the break
Sure...but when ****. For Summer 1 ill be at UH pretty much till 5 since i got a student assistant job.

he cant be CPed
assuming equal skill level

scenario1:Diddy cps meta to smashville/FD...advantage 55-45 on both stages. Metas nice worst stage is FD. It is a cp.

scenario2:Falco cps meta to japes...huge advantage(dont know the matchup chart)

I could keep going. The point is u can cp meta depending on your CHARACTER to a stage u have the advantage on. Its not going to be a huge advantage all the time, but an advantage nonetheless.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
lol i dont wanna get infracted, but basically ally was telling the Meta whiners to shove off

jog

Smash Journeyman
And I agree with you.... my point is, I think Snake will just become much more popular if Metaknight is banned.
Hmm more MK or more Snake?

I'd much rather see more Snake. He actually takes skill to learn and has a higher learning curve than MK, so kudos to those than can master him and win with him. Not that MK doesn't take skill to win with but not as much as Snake. And since snake can be CP'd by characters and stages it will be more balanced with Snake "dominating" the meta-game rather than MK doing so.

heytallman

CTALL
Snake can be CP'd against a bit easier than Meta Knight, and I think that with MK gone, the CP system would work better.

On a side note:
Lain is amazing. However, did you notice that the second time him and M2K played, M2K spammed tornado and dair, so he wouldn't get grabbed and then, what, 3-0'd Lain? Let's hope M2K doesn't try to say that "IC's can beat MK" and try to say it's another slightly bad matchup. Although their matches were super close.

Ally most definitely would have lost his first match in the set vs M2K if he didn't have GODLY DI. I agree with what they were saying about him on the live stream, he should be renamed "DI Joe" XD. And if he didn't have PERFECT DI, things quite POSSIBLY could have gone differently.

But by no means am I bashing Ally, I want to have that man's babies right now lol. That was probably the most entertaining set I've ever seen in Brawl.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
We need to ban Snake and Meta knight. But in order to keep Marth from rising shortly after, we need to ban him. Then DDD needs to be banned but that would leave icies way too high so him too.

....leaving us with

Captain Falcon tournies!

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
You guys really need to lay off Dark Pch. He's really good, heve even says that I'm better than him, he just knows the peach ditto matchup really well. No johns guys I lost lol, although I did a lot better against him later on today when I did more friendlies against him.:)

Yes, I didn't make it out of pools. -_-

I got gayed by 5 snakes and a dedede. Against all the snakes it went to time because they just kept running away from me the whole set. I'll post later when I get home.

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
You guys really need to lay off Dark Pch. He's really good, heve even says that I'm better than him, he just knows the peach ditto matchup really well. No johns guys I lost lol, although I did a lot better against him later on today when I did more friendlies against him.:)

Yes, I didn't make it out of pools. -_-

I got gayed by 5 snakes and a dedede. Against all the snakes it went to time because they just kept running away from me the whole set. I'll post later when I get home.
The important thing is...well.. for one we ALL love you <3.......... Kos-Mos.... rumor is your a Meta Knight Main now??? dropped peach???:dizzy:

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Just watched the Ally vs M2K set. All I can say is that Ally is my new Smash idol... sorry Roy. I agree with the title "DI Joe."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom