• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smarts...or just standing their waiting for a spotdodge. :p

Gea

Smash Master
Usually dittos have one strat involved, lol. Be it camping or WoPing with a single aerial or an infinite CG... Dittos don't mean much in most cases, seriously. Peach dittos are 100% turnips and fair. Yeah, really shows how good one is with Peach.

I'm not johning for KOSMOS, I unno if he played bad, is worse, whatever, but Peach dittos don't show who the better peach is, lol. Just like Marth dittos don't know the better Marth. "Pure" smarts doesn't apply when most of your moveset is null and void. Usually its just a walling game. Fun stuff, sure.

lol Allan. Because your ruleset emphasizes the post you just made "no johns" about getting the first grab.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Usually dittos have one strat involved, lol. Be it camping or WoPing with a single aerial or an infinite CG... Dittos don't mean much in most cases, seriously.
This. Some dittos are ********. Spam one or two moves, and hooray you win! I guess you're a better player now...? <_<

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Usually dittos have one strat involved, lol. Be it camping or WoPing with a single aerial or an infinite CG... Dittos don't mean much in most cases, seriously. Peach dittos are 100% turnips and fair. Yeah, really shows how good one is with Peach.

I'm not johning for KOSMOS, I unno if he played bad, is worse, whatever, but Peach dittos don't show who the better peach is, lol. Just like Marth dittos don't know the better Marth. "Pure" smarts doesn't apply when most of your moveset is null and void. Usually its just a walling game. Fun stuff, sure.

lol Allan. Because your ruleset emphasizes the post you just made "no johns" about getting the first grab.
dittos show the smarts of a player who has NO advanatges and NO disadvantages and a slim down move set.

no johns

Gea

Smash Master
dittos show the smarts of a player who has NO advanatges and NO disadvantages and a slim down move set.

no johns
All players still have advantages and disadvantages. If my playstyle was awesome against every character in the game EXCEPT dittos because my own moveset shut it down while one player ONLY played dittos well and failed in tournament, it would only show that the other person was better at dittos than I was, not that they were better.

Its ONE matchup that is usually a ******** exhibition of the character's most disjointed move or a CG. No johns that you can only do better against someone in a ditto and not place higher than them, lol.

Xyro77

All players still have advantages and disadvantages. If my playstyle was awesome against every character in the game EXCEPT dittos because my own moveset shut it down while one player ONLY played dittos well and failed in tournament, it would only show that the other person was better at dittos than I was, not that they were better.

Its ONE matchup that is usually a ******** exhibition of the character's most disjointed move or a CG. No johns that you can only do better against someone in a ditto and not place higher than them, lol.
no johns. dittos matter

Gea

Smash Master
Just like any other matchup. Seriously, if you don't know the matchup in dittos you're going to lose just like any other matchup. Despite it being "even" there are still tricks to learn. Dittos mean no more than any other match in the game but people try to say they do.

Regardless, this is a worthless discussion. Allan, I assume seeing Anther 2 stock Chu made you wanna play Pika even more.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I don't think ditto's account for much, depending on the character (for example.... Jiggly puff dittos are ********), the best proof of someone's skill with a character is not only to place higher but to win more often in the bad matchups as well as being able to develop a character beyond what everyone does, either through new techniques or using moves in ways no one else has.

Xyro77

Just like any other matchup. Seriously, if you don't know the matchup in dittos you're going to lose just like any other matchup. Despite it being "even" there are still tricks to learn. Dittos mean no more than any other match in the game but people try to say they do.

Regardless, this is a worthless discussion. Allan, I assume seeing Anther 2 stock Chu made you wanna play Pika even more.
well sorta. since roy dropped pika and IC and goes sheik. ive gained my pika power back. I didnt know u could get a f-throw to u-smash on kirby like that. i thought he was too floaty

Gea

Smash Master
well sorta. since roy dropped pika and IC and goes sheik. ive gained my pika power back. I didnt know u could get a f-throw to u-smash on kirby like that. i thought he was too floaty
It probably isn't a set two hit combo. Chu might have been able to jump and immediately airdodge out, I'm not sure. The thing is plenty of tricks like that don't work but the solutions to get out of them are not inuitive on the fly so they often work well.

Certain characters (ZSS) revolve around these sort of traps. Pika has quite a few and relies on them to kill frequently. Beware.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Dittos mean you're better at the matchup of your own character against the other person. RoyR, Broly, and Dphat are the three best marths in Texas, that is for sure.

Also, did everyone see Razer's quarterfinal match on Live Stream?

He lost to Atomsk in Winner's. :(

Texas <3 Razer. :)

Gea

Smash Master
Dojo could have possibly done better against Lain with more ICs practice against getting grabbed and 0-deathed. No johns though, Lain is ****ing amazing with ICs, but seriously Allan, Texas needs to feel the wrath and get by it.

Who was Candy playing as?

EDIT: HOLEE **** lain beat m2k

Doubt EDIT: Keith just called me, told me I have a new main, and hung up on me LOL

Xyro77

meta still is broken and his chances of being gone in houston after gen is still set at 70%.

prepare

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Omgwtfbbq, ICs are top tier. I'll pick them up!

*uses them and Nana kills herself for no reason*

Oh right, that's why they suck...

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
so yea that just happened.

So, i think we can conclude from this that it really all comes down to the player rather than the character in most cases.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
All im gonna say is

Fair is Snakes best move.
that double fair spike + RoyR combo on razer = greatest moments in brawl thus far

Gnes

Smash Master
Okay time to discuss like civilized people.

Gnes has always said snake was BROKN, and now judgement day is upon us. This tournament was so diverse this is definetly going to hurt the pro-ban argument. Personally u sexy people know which side im on.

So what do u guys think will happen from now on???

U GUYS HEARD...ADHD SAID GNES "probably is" the best diddy. OH SHIZ!!! but actually i didnt even know people out there knew me, interesting. Time to go eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom