• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Take away a character's defining trait...that's like removing Link's Master Sword or Samus Charge Shot.

But they should tone it down for sure.

Also noticed Sonic comes out October...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Take away a character's defining trait...that's like removing Link's Master Sword or Samus Charge Shot.

But they should tone it down for sure.

Also noticed Sonic comes out October...

so in pokemon games the more lucario gets hit the stronger he becomes?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There is an ability called Steadfast that causes it to get faster when it flinches.

So it is inspired by it.

Unless you want it have an ability that makes it faster...like Super Sonic fast.

I would be okay with that.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I guess that's what inspired it but it wasn't until Black and White (after Brawl) where he got an ability called Justified where if he's hit with a dark type move his attack increases.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm mad that Toon Link's still gonna be in, but it could be worse.
Hoping for Sonic in October. :applejack:

Xyro77

Ah ok so lucario doesn't get stronger when he's hit in pkmn. So if they take aura in smash 4 it won't be a big deal.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They definitely won't take it away, probably adjust it so that it's more balanced.

Since Sega is all buddy-buddy with Nintendo, there's a good chance Sonic will return.

Or Sakurai might confirm another returning character like MK or Dedede...Wario? Who knows...

Xyro77

i hope the previous 2 3rd party chars leave and 2 new ones (one being MM) replace them. since the roster is already gonna be limited, lets not fill them with BRAWL characters please

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Toon Link and Olimar laugh in your general direction.

I just want to know Bamco's character. If they don't have one, I will disappointed.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I don't see Sonic not returning, since he has a huge fanbase, and I could see a lot of people not buying the next smash if he's not in it. Since if there's one thing I've learned about customer service, it's that when you give something to people as a treat, and then take it away and go back to how things used to be, people become babies and throw a fit.

Then again, seeing as there is no real competitor to smash, they'd just have to deal with it.

:059:

Xyro77

Toon Link and Olimar laugh in your general direction.

I just want to know Bamco's character. If they don't have one, I will disappointed.

TL will never be an issue. olimar will though....im 110% sure of it.

I don't see Sonic not returning, since he has a huge fanbase, and I could see a lot of people not buying the next smash if he's not in it. Since if there's one thing I've learned about customer service, it's that when you give something to people as a treat, and then take it away and go back to how things used to be, people become babies and throw a fit.

Then again, seeing as there is no real competitor to smash, they'd just have to deal with it.

:059:

i HIGHLY doubt people wont buy a game just cause character XYZ isnt there. LMAO no one does that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro has selective reading skills.

If you post: "Xyro is terrible at being a good person" he reads it is "XYRO IS AMAZING AND THE HERO WE DESERVE"

Xyro77

Venue & Wristband Reminder: It is a requirement that everyone purchase a wristband in order to enter the Whobo 5 area. Security will be enforced and there will be no exceptions so Visit www.tysseries.com/whobo5 to purchase venue and pre-register!

Venue & Wristband Reminder: It is a requirement that everyone purchase a wristband in order to enter the Whobo 5 area. Security will be enforced and there will be no exceptions so Visit www.tysseries.com/whobo5 to purchase venue and pre-register!

[

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion

Tesh

Smash Hero
@Xyro, you literally said you cannot be convinced by anything I post , regardless of how logically convincing it might be.

Before I drop the subject entirely, I'd just like to point out that I don't see Ridley as a sure thing for Smash 4. I simply was fighting the illogical and already debunked "too big" reason that gets thrown around.

The fact of the matter is Ridley would be very difficult to redesign and program for playability because of his shape. Time that could be spent putting in easy humanoid characters from series that aren't at a low point currently. The other factor that I believe is major is a lack of personality from Ridley. As cool as he is, in the games he is pretty much displayed as a dumb animal thats only really cunning in battle. Pretty much devoid of emotion or having a soul.

Anyway, its kind of funny how even though the circuit fell apart and then the road to whobo fizzled, we still kind of met up in all the cities we planned along the way. Houston had 2 huge events (preceded by a decent sized surprise in Dallas). Despite being small, San Antonio wound up hosting a pretty stacked event with top players from the top 3 cities. And Dallas is gearing up to host something that might be bigger than any HOBO in a long long time. A pretty interesting road after all.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ridley Ridley when you Ridley some Ridley in Ridley Ridley.

Xyro77

@Xyro, you literally said you cannot be convinced by anything I post , regardless of how logically convincing it might be.

Before I drop the subject entirely, I'd just like to point out that I don't see Ridley as a sure thing for Smash 4. I simply was fighting the illogical and already debunked "too big" reason that gets thrown around.
you nor anybody else debunked anything.

The fact of the matter is Ridley would be very difficult to redesign and program for playability because of his shape. Time that could be spent putting in easy humanoid characters from series that aren't at a low point currently. The other factor that I believe is major is a lack of personality from Ridley. As cool as he is, in the games he is pretty much displayed as a dumb animal thats only really cunning in battle. Pretty much devoid of emotion or having a soul.
Ridley actually speaks in the manga iirc. He is also feared/respected/worshiped in the prime games if you read all the lore you find through out the game. As far as Nintendo characters go, that is a decent amount of emotion/soul. Not that any of that matters because Nintendo has allowed characters with literally ZERO voice/ZERO story/ZERO emotion/ZERO soul/ZERO anything.......Rob, GW.....ect. Point is, soul/emotion has nothing to do with being in smash or not.

Anyway, its kind of funny how even though the circuit fell apart and then the road to whobo fizzled, we still kind of met up in all the cities we planned along the way. Houston had 2 huge events (preceded by a decent sized surprise in Dallas). Despite being small, San Antonio wound up hosting a pretty stacked event with top players from the top 3 cities. And Dallas is gearing up to host something that might be bigger than any HOBO in a long long time. A pretty interesting road after all.
HOBO IS UNSTOPPABLE! THE ULTIMATE SERIES IN TEXAS

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
When is the next Hobo after Whobo?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ridley doesn't represent hardware nor is he a retro relic of Nintendo's past. ROB and GnW represent ****ty toys nintendo used to make.

At least this time WFT seems to have way more personality than other "hardware reps".

Also in pokemon, you said you fight your rival after the elite four? Is this in all the games or what?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rematch your rivals starting in...Gen III? Or Gen IV?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wouldn't replaying through the Elite Four/Rival in any generation count as rematching? :applejack:

Xyro77

When is the next Hobo after Whobo?
NEVER. HOBO died at HOBO 40.

Ridley doesn't represent hardware nor is he a retro relic of Nintendo's past. ROB and GnW represent ****ty toys nintendo used to make.
R.O.B. has appeared as a cameo character in various video games, such as StarTropics, Kirby's Dream Land 3, the Star Fox series, the WarioWare series, the F-Zero series, Viewtiful Joe, and his head appears in Pikmin 2, called the 'Remembered Old Buddy'. R.O.B. is also featured as an unlockable character in Mario Kart DS

Also, like ROB, GW is an actual character. Other than Melee, hes been in 5 games or more. Here is one of them.

At least this time WFT seems to have way more personality than other "hardware reps".
wft?

Also in pokemon, you said you fight your rival after the elite four? Is this in all the games or what?
ive only beat pkmn red/silver/blk/blk2 so i dont know.

Rematch your rivals starting in...Gen III? Or Gen IV?
?????

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
" HOBO IS UNSTOPPABLE! THE ULTIMATE SERIES IN TEXAS"

" NEVER. HOBO died at HOBO 40."

So, Hobo is a zombie? Sounds healthy.

Intelligent Systems is supposedly working an unannounced Wii U game. New Fire Emblem? New Advance Wars? ...Sticker Star 2?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nintendo logic: play online for free but makes great multiplayer games that cant be played online.

WFT=wii fit trainer

Xyro77

" HOBO IS UNSTOPPABLE! THE ULTIMATE SERIES IN TEXAS"

" NEVER. HOBO died at HOBO 40."

So, Hobo is a zombie? Sounds healthy.
My series, alive or zombie, has accomplished things no other smash series in texas has accomplished. Dentis event could nail 80 entrants and still fall way short of the LEGENDARY things my HOBOs have done.

Intelligent Systems is supposedly working an unannounced Wii U game. New Fire Emblem? New Advance Wars? ...Sticker Star 2?
FE was just completed like 6 months ago and there is a FE vs SMT game being made so i highly doubt its another FE. Sticker Star didnt sell well and it sucked so i doubt that will happen either. I wish its advance wars but since they trashed all the REAL advance wars characters i prob wont be hyped for a new one if they do indeed make it.

Nintendo logic: play online for free but makes great multiplayer games that cant be played online.

WFT=wii fit trainer
Lots of Nintendo games have near perfect online play. Brawl is a minority.

And we already have shown rob/gw are not "hardware" characters and neither is WFT.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm talking about games that literally do not have online play despite being all about multiplayer. Mario Party 8, 9, ds, 3ds all lack online multiplayer. Same with new super mario brothers in its many iterations. Its just pretty stupid.

Xyro77

I'm talking about games that literally do not have online play despite being all about multiplayer. Mario Party 8, 9, ds, 3ds all lack online multiplayer. Same with new super mario brothers in its many iterations. Its just pretty stupid.

Nintendo is the last company that wants people to be together while playing games. yea id like online multiplay with a lot of my games but i respect nintendo sticking to their guns for this long. just another reason why i stick with this companies products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom