• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because it's rewarding the Lucaro for getting outplayed, which kinda sorta completely goes against what is expected for a fighting game.

:applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
[Trela shows his winnings]

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I never cared about his Aura. I never understood why so many people hated it.

:059:

*lights dim*

*movie starts*

"In a world, where a game REWARDS a character for LOSING...."

BRAAAAAAAAWL!

*credits roll*

*people leave theater and commit suicide*

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Was that your reaction to Iron Man 3?

Xyro77

Was that your reaction to Iron Man 3?

IRON MAN 3 SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My reaction to IM3 was

wtf he got rid of jarvis, all his suits, his mansion, his heart (core thing), had surgery to fix his shrapnel? Tony literally undid everything that made him who he is in the first 2 movies. on top of that the "mandarian" was just some fake drunk ACTOR and not some terrorist that the trailers lead you to believe for 6 months. the REAL bad guy was some stupid ass lava monster man. THEN you have tony, a literal 200 IQ certified genius, get help and confidence from a 10 year old little boy?

LMAO such a ****ty movie. WORSE than TDKR and that was a terrible movie too.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ive never liked sonic except for sonic&Knuckles and SA:B2. This new sonic game looks pretty sweet though.

after seeing that mario world game, i will def get it. SO MUCH new stuff mixed with old stuff. i love it.
Yo we should play this together. This game literally does not look like any fun to play alone (its basically just new super mario bros 3d), but it does look kind of interesting overall. I only enjojed NSMBU the one time I played with sync and illmatic so I know I'm not buying this to play alone.

This definitely is not a worthy follow up to super mario galaxy or anything, I'm hoping for a REAL mario next year.

Sonic...looks better than mario, but not by much. Honestly they both look like they are running on the same engine. The Sonic one is obviously faster more difficult gameplay, but it still looks like a cakewalk compared to the other stuff I have on Wii U and no multiplayer worth mentioning.

A shame DK got delayed, I was slightly interested as I have never played a donkey kong game for more than 5 minutes.

My Wii U is going to get no new action this year I guess. I guess I'll finish pikmin, w101 and whatnot and focus on my 3DS stuff.

Xyro77

Yo we should play this together. This game literally does not look like any fun to play alone (its basically just new super mario bros 3d), but it does look kind of interesting overall. I only enjojed NSMBU the one time I played with sync and illmatic so I know I'm not buying this to play alone.

This definitely is not a worthy follow up to super mario galaxy or anything, I'm hoping for a REAL mario next year.

Sonic...looks better than mario, but not by much. Honestly they both look like they are running on the same engine. The Sonic one is obviously faster more difficult gameplay, but it still looks like a cakewalk compared to the other stuff I have on Wii U and no multiplayer worth mentioning.

A shame DK got delayed, I was slightly interested as I have never played a donkey kong game for more than 5 minutes.

My Wii U is going to get no new action this year I guess. I guess I'll finish pikmin, w101 and whatnot and focus on my 3DS stuff.

No joke, i have been anti sonic since SAB2 because there have been so many **** sonic games and it seemed like the flow of **** would never stop. This game though, omfg its a mix of galaxy and that is a GOOD thing. Im really excited for sonic...FINALLY. I WILL GET THIS.

As for Mario, i def would say its a REAL mario game. The first trailer was neat and all but i felt it was a bit weak. The 2nd one showed over 10 different powers/items. it can be beaten alone or with a friend and i KNOW there will be plenty of things to do. Again, super excited for that game as well.

other than those two, ill def get watchdogs in november.

I dont like/care for DK so ill skip that game. Sonic+Mario olympics i dont care about. just dance/wiiu party/pikmin 3 dlc i dont care about.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The game looks suuuuuuuuuuper straightforward and easy imo. Super Mario 64 and Galaxy had more of an adventure feel, where you go into a level and choose what you want to do next.

It seems like half the fun is to be generated by the people you play with. Not a single thing in the gameplay looked challenging, but i did see good potential for trolling people.

Tesh

Smash Hero
All thing considered, if the price is right, I could be tempted to buy it. Half of these games we are talking about release at 49.99 and I might be able to find a deal for under 35 which could get me more interested.

I actually bought nintendoland again because I found it for 7 dollars, so why not....

Xyro77

The game looks suuuuuuuuuuper straightforward and easy imo. Super Mario 64 and Galaxy had more of an adventure feel, where you go into a level and choose what you want to do next.

It seems like half the fun is to be generated by the people you play with. Not a single thing in the gameplay looked challenging, but i did see good potential for trolling people.

You cant judge difficulty by trailers or by multiplayer. If you were willing to buy poo poo NSMBU then you gotta try this new one man. I promise you it wont be bad.

Xyro77

yea Nintendo Land is actually pretty fun. me and my daughter play it and even my ex girl friend and her kid play it. its a great kids/party game that actually requires skill at some point. good game

Tesh

Smash Hero
You can definitely gauge difficulty looking at someone else playing. I'm not talking about just the trailer. I'm talking about watching people play the demo.

I can see that enemies aren't aggressive enough to be a challenge (a problem I've always had with Sonic games). Its kind of sad, because in Super Mario World, some enemies were downright bloodthirsty. I really miss charging chuck and lakitu chasing me down everywhere. Why did so many of the best enemies die when the games went 3D?

I can see that platforming is extremely forgiving, especially with the catsuit and luigi/peach floating everywhere.

No one makes a good platformer anymore, all of the difficult ones are indie games that lack polish and the mainstream ones are easy as balls now. I'll wait for Super Mario Luigi 3D World I guess.

I want to like Mario and Sonic and DK, but I guess I'm not in the target audience. I really miss tough platformers though.

New Kirby also looks....unappealing. It looks like my next Wii U game will be Smash. I'm hoping for a new metroid or something too though.

wow, redownloading the nintendo land updates, 300MB, I'm wondering if this is even worth the space on my wii u.

All these updates might eventually take up all the space, how crazy is that.

Xyro77

DK is actually hard. I played the Wii one and i was surprised at how hard it is. i think the wiiu one will be just as hard.

And tbh, i dont remember the last time a mario game was "hard." I play mario games because they are ALWAYS adding new things to the genre and 9 times out of 10 its pretty creative. i will admit though that i am not a fan of the actual character of mario so if a mario game sticks out for me, it means something good is gonna come from playing it. Mario 3, Sunshine and 3D Land are my top 3 mario games.

As for Kirby, its like mario to me. i dislike kirby but certain kirby games REALLY catch my eye. Kirby Dream Land 2, Kirby Super Star, Kirby Epic Yarn (BAD ASS GAME) and Kirbys return to Dream Land are my fav kirby games.

Xyro77

As for memory on the WiiU, i NEVER download digital copies of a game unless it is the ONLY way to get it. I save my mem space for updates/DLC mostly. If possible, i will ALWAYS get a hard copy of the game.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The only games I downloaded are most of the NES games sold for 30 cents each (missed the best ones though) and cloudberry kingdom (indie downloadable only).

Some of the save files/updates data for these games are huge though. Nintendoland -245MB, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge -322MB, PIkmin 3 (and i only JUST started)-151MB, Warriors Orochi (just started) -153 , Sonic Transformed -152MB

I'll probably just move all my downloaded games to a USB drive at some point. I might delete the saves for games I'll never play again like Amazing Spiderman, Batman , Pikmin, Ninja Gaiden and Sonic.

edit: rayman legends dropped 20$ after less than a month from its release?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mario games are not about difficulty, they're about the journey through the game. Same for Kirby games. If you haven't realized this by now...

Meanwhile in Pokemon...

So this implies possible other version exclusive Mega evolutions...

I feel sorry for Smogon, but not really.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
The new 3D mario looks really good actually. Just saw the trailer.

That charziard doesn't look too shabby RT. Maybe it'll have aura just like you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not too sure what that means...

It would be nice to sitdown with a group of people to see who is the worst Mario player.

Xyro77

Not too sure what that means...

It would be nice to sitdown with a group of people to see who is the worst Mario player.

Mario player as in Smash? Gnes.
Mario player as in like Mario games?

Id say tallman or Leaf. They speed run all the time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Speedrunning means NOTHING if you have three people playing with you at the same time and trying to sabotage your efforts.

Xyro77

RT are you talking about the new mario game? if so, there is no way to tell "who is better" none of us can leave the sceen and beat a level. we all have to be close to each other.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You misunderstand me.

Speedrunning =/= being good at a game.

The objective of speedrunning is to finish the game as quickly as possible using whatever means possible including glitching and exploiting programming flaws. You can finish Pokemon RB in less than a minute by glitching to the credits screen.

A person could speedrun Melee singleplayer but you already know that doesn't mean the person is good at Melee.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Leaf is good at playing Mario normally. Me and him played SMW the weekened of HOBO3. I felt like a noob in comparison despite it being the main game I grew up with.

Also I guess my thinking with not caring about Lucario's aura is that it's basically, would I rather deal with that or the 2304523515 other dumb things in Brawl. I'd prefer dealing with aura than dealing with Diddy's bananas, Olimar's pikmin camping, Meta Knight, Ice Climber's chain grabs, D3's infinite, etc.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It also helps that you mained a character that can deal with the aura, but gets dumped on by half of the things you mentioned in your post, KRD. :applejack:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I rarely ever fought Lucario with Wolf. I almost always wound up facing Lucario with Sheik, due to things such as people not having Wolf unlocked on their Wiis, or people counterpicking my Sheik with Lucario.

Edit: wtf @ RT's link

Tesh

Smash Hero
Aura wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so damn hard to kill in this game. And he weighs as much as Link. Aura would never have been a problem in Melee, Brawl Lucario is just designed to abuse the hell out of that feature.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It actually isn't that hard to kill in this game if you're a good character.
Yeah... :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well yea Espy, Aura is kind of an issue with game balance, not just being a stupid concept on its own.

There are only a handful of characters so good as killing that they couldnt care less about aura.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Can you imagine Sonic with a fast kill move? I'd feel guilty. It just doesn't seem like it would be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom