• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I honestly do not know. I brought up some ideas multiple months back but everybody had stupid ideas. Stuff like "hey why dont you call it SSS?" It stands for SMASH SUCKS S H I T. So im left trying to figure it out on my own.

With Smash 3, it was named BRAWL so something like HOBO and WHOBO made sense. Smash 4 isnt named anything cool so im having difficulty making up a name. I will be including other games (all WiiU games though) this next tournament series so i want a name that doesnt tie myself to smash. For instance, MLG/Apex/Genesis/Evo have many many games but the name doesnt tie them down to any one game.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Xyro/RT/p4, do you know if twitch or nintendo updated something recently? For the past 8 months i was unable to watch streams on my wii u, but i just tried now and it works perfectly. Unfortunately youtube is broken now (dont care now though). I'm pretty sure google fixed the exploit that lets you fast forward through ads on the wii u browser. All youtube ads crash for me now on the wii u making most long videos freeze my system.

In any case, jrugs just got 3rd at some tournament behind mew2king and logic, was fuuuuuuuuun to watch.

Xyro77

Xyro/RT/p4, do you know if twitch or nintendo updated something recently? For the past 8 months i was unable to watch streams on my wii u, but i just tried now and it works perfectly. Unfortunately youtube is broken now (dont care now though). I'm pretty sure google fixed the exploit that lets you fast forward through ads on the wii u browser. All youtube ads crash for me now on the wii u making most long videos freeze my system.

In any case, jrugs just got 3rd at some tournament behind mew2king and logic, was fuuuuuuuuun to watch.

wtf twitch works on wiiu? that is AWESOME.

where are the results to that tournament btw?

Tesh

Smash Hero
It just ended, not sure how big it was but I heard Jrugs beat Gimr and then lost 5-0 to logic (in winners bracket then losers finals), but all games were close. m2k obviously ***** everyone though.

Having an "X" in your acronym is gold man, use that.

Tesh

Smash Hero
He beat GIMR...

He nearly 6 stocked the guy he played in losers semis though, so i can believe there were only 4 competent players there.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Countdown to Whobo 5 begins NOW! Oct 9 is the last day of online venue and pre-registration so if you haven't done so do it asap. Me and Xyro will be making a trip to the venue next week to setup up early so everything is organized. Looking forward to seeing everyone Oct 19-20.

Tesh

Smash Hero
mus be a change twitch made, other stream sites still dont work for me which is a small inconvenience

no surprise twitch would want to make the stream viewable from gaming devices as well. good stuff, its definitely nice to be able to pull up a stream from the home menu when some boss has be stumped.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Expected Hobo 12, was disappointed.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Holy **** this Wii U updates is big. I might wind up having to break out the USB drives before the year is over.

My Wii U should be nearly full after this, but if they fixed the internet browser I can re-delete the ****ty youtube app.

Xyro/RT/P4, this update sounds AMAZING from what I'm reading. Rumor is that we can now play wii games on the gamepad. Which also means all the homebrew stuff possible in the emulated wii mode should work that way as well.

Handheld Michael Jackon's Moonwalker, here we come!

edit: however the gamepad wont be a functional controller for wii mode apparently.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Major changes due to updates to the 4.0.0J

Add the ability to output to the Wii U GamePad a picture of Wii-only software (can use Gamepad as a mini TV for offscreen play, still need regular Wii Remotes to actually play games)

Added functionality to automatically receive software to deliver from Nintendo

Corresponding input by USB keyboard

Added settings Nintendo Network ID

When using the Wii-only software, Dolby Pro Logic II surround output

Now possible to start the "friends list" from the Wii U menu (GOOD change)

Updated "Settings"
- automatic receipt of the software
- select the sound output of cable TV
- updated audio settings
- AV audio out w/ HDMI

Wii U Chat now allows for headset use.

Internet browser allows you to fast-forward/rewind videos with triggers

Save username/password for websites

Ability to view PDFs

Some other changes include Wii U eShop overhaul, capture full-resolution screenshots and post to facebook, twitter, or tumblr, youtube freezing issue fixed, and everything loads/closes much, MUCH faster.

Basically a huge step in the right direction.

Highly recommend you just let the update download in the background while you play a game or watch Netflix or whatever.

Tesh

Smash Hero
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/support/system_update/index.html

this is where i read it, google chrome will auto translate for you.

Major changes due to updates to the 4.0.0J
Add the ability to output to the Wii U GamePad a picture of Wii-only software
  • I was able to be output to the Wii U GamePad the image of the Wii-only software. You can choose from "both the GamePad and TV" or "TV only" the output destination. (※ 1)
Added functionality to automatically receive software to deliver from Nintendo
  • Future, we have to be able to automatically receive in the "communication when did" the software recommended for trial to be delivered from Nintendo.
Corresponding input by USB keyboard
Added settings Nintendo Network ID
  • It is now possible to set whether to use the services of Nintendo Network such as smart phones and personal computers, from devices other than the Nintendo game console.
When using the Wii-only software, I now supports Dolby Pro Logic II surround output. (※ 3)
"Updating the Wii U menu"
  • Place the Wii U on the menu icon in the "friends list", it is now possible to start the "friends list" from the Wii U menu.
Updating the "Settings"
  • I have to allow the setting of the automatic receipt of the software in the "Internet".
  • I have to be able to select the sound output of cable TV in the "TV". You can if you are connected with an HDMI cable, and outputs it to the speakers of the commercial sound in conjunction and "Wii-only AV cable".Click here for details
  • If the operation of the power supply is OFF is enabled in the "Setting the Power", I was able to be set in hourly operation interval.
"Updating the Wii U Chat"
  • The incoming response time from friends or outgoing to friends, I was able to be confirmed by Miiverse profile opponent.
  • It is now possible to call using the headset that is connected to the Wii U GamePad.
Updating the "Internet Browser"
  • You have to allow the / fast-forward operation rewind a certain time in the L / R button on the Wii U GamePad During movie playback. I can also fast-forward playback Press and hold the R button.
  • If you are logged in to the web site using your user name and password, it is now possible to save the user name and password you entered. (※ 4)
  • If you start the Internet browser by interrupting the software, you can now be uploaded to the web site, such as bulletin boards and blogs, the image of the Wii U GamePad screen tv screens and soft interruption.
  • I have to be able to view a PDF file on the website. (※ 5)
  • As a function of the web site developer, I have to be able to use the developer tools and switching of user agent.
Improved convenience and stability of the system
  • As you can enjoy more comfortable, it has been improved convenience and stability of the system.
(※ 1)
It does not correspond to the operations in the Wii U GamePad. You can instead of the TV screen, playing by displaying the game screen to GamePad. In order to enjoy a Wii exclusive software, operation by the Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus is required.
(※ 2)
Some, there is also software you can not use a USB keyboard.
(※ 3)
I am limited to Dolby Pro Logic II compatible software.
(※ 4)
The user name and password that are saved, you can delete the "Internet Browser" in the "Settings".
(※ 5)
Depending on the data size and format of the PDF file, you may not be displayed correctly. In addition, you will not be able to save the PDF file.

For information about features that are added or modified by the update of this earlier system version change history of Wii
Some of this I can't really understand however.
Miiverse also underwent maintenance for hours today and there is supposed to be a big direct tomorrow morning about this years games.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Learn2copypaste better.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I suck now, Jrugs has improved a lot since moving to MD/VA though

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nintendo Direct Summary:

-New trailer for Mario 3D World, shows much more gameplay content, music is amazing, Bowser mobile

-Donkey Kong game delayed until February 2014...

-Sonic revealed in Smash 4, new gameplay vid showing some of the newer stages

-new Kirby game (expect this as a lead up for MK/Dedede confirmation in Smash 4)

-Zelda 3DS more info

Good stuff all around, minus the DK delay.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^they also showed up wii party u

im pretty shocked, the game doesnt look bad at all, so why not just make it a mario party game so people will buy it for no good reason?

Xyro77

Im watching the Ndirect now and dude that mario 3d world is an actual REAL mario game. i am super impressed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sega being good buddies with Nintendo this generation was a good sign of his return. Funny how rivals become friends...

3D World is being made by EAD, who made Galaxy and Sunshine games. Anybody who doubted them was ********, and it amuses me how so many haters are backpedaling.

Xyro77

Ive never liked sonic except for sonic&Knuckles and SA:B2. This new sonic game looks pretty sweet though.

after seeing that mario world game, i will def get it. SO MUCH new stuff mixed with old stuff. i love it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I expect him to be announced when the new Kirby game comes out.

Or maybe during December since nothing inportant comes out that month.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, this is what you wanted right?!" -Sakurai

Xyro77

I can't wait for MK to be announced and watch everyone cry. It'll be a glorious day.
Im not worried.

People said the exact same thing you just said about fox when brawl was about to come out. Fox turned out to be downgraded. MK will be the same.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*Lucario is confirmed*

*Aura is the same*

I know you will whine and moan.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's okay, MK will take good care of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom