• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I was planning on going to a tourny soon, but seeing as I'm going to have a job and most-likely have to work weekends... not sure that will be possible any time soon. I'll still definitely try to make it to WHOBO though.

:059:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
WOW WTF

The new ps3 game "the last of us" looks (and apparently plays) awesome. I really wish i had a ps3 to borrow right now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, if only SOMEONE who isn't using their PS3 is willing to let you borrow it.

But I have no idea who...

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Its about to get real! I have read all the reviews and this will probably be the route that everyone will take when smash 4 drops. One guy said

"I bought this particular adapter in order to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl on the Wii U, because in my opinion the Classic Controller Pro just doesn't give you enough precision. To that we can add that I've owned a Gamecube since before the Wii or the Wii U came out, so I've grown very fond of the controller.

First off, I thought it looked sketchy and I was taking a risk by buying. I was wrong, though. The adapter allows you to use the Gamecube controller for any game that supports the Classic Controller, which makes it fantastic! In all honesty, I guess this product will get more popularity as soon as the new Super Smash game comes out. I don't have a Wii U Pro Controller, and I don't own any games that let you use either the new Wii U controller or the Classic Controller (or if a game that allows that even exists), so I have no insight on which is better.

What I can tell you is that the Wii U reads the controller beautifully. It feels like playing it right back on the Wii with the GCN controller. It comes with a turbo option which I haven't used nor have any future plans to test.

My only warning is that it might be weird to start using it at first. You must make sure that the red light is not blinking, and you should read the instructions so as to avoid setting one of your buttons in Turbo. Other than that, the device delivers what it promised, and I really couldn't be happier"

With this being said I think we have found our answer Xyro to the problem na ming! The device is only 17$ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...S520SG&linkCode=as2&tag=nintendoeverything-20 so Im thinking these will probably start selling fast as soon as smash 4 drops. The return of the gamecube controllers is upon us :cool:. Nintendo got to get it together and stop letting boys capitalize off this cause its CRAY!!!

Xyro77

looks cool and some people will def use it but gcn controllers are on their way out (legit ones are not made anymore). the future is the wiiu controller pro.

Tesh

Smash Hero
single player games have season passes now?

rofl 20 dollars to unlock easy mode?

the one thing that looks interesting about that game can be seen on youtube.

Xyro77

DLC is/has always been stupid. As long as I can tell that DLC has not been used to hold back some of the story, I don't worry about it because I won't buy it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smash 4 trailer at E3 had been re-confirmed on Sakurai's twitter.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Online passes? Garbage
Microtransactions? Garbage
Day One DLC? Garbage (unless free)

Fire Emblem had some good paid DLC, but the pricing was garbage. But even then, they had decent free DLC.

On the oposite end, Capcom, EA, etc...

Xyro77

Online passes? Garbage
Microtransactions? Garbage
Day One DLC? Garbage (unless free)

Fire Emblem had some good paid DLC, but the pricing was garbage. But even then, they had decent free DLC.

On the oposite end, Capcom, EA, etc...

I never paid for any DLC that was for FE. The free stuff was actually pretty good though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Most of it was for hardcore fans who wanted extra challenges and content. Some of the DLC was made from poll results that came from fans.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whobo 5 Announcement #3: Smash 64 has officially been added as casuals and if enough interest a tournament will happen on the spot. The entry fee for singles will be $10 and doubles will be $5 each person. There will 3 medals given out to 1st place champions only, 1 for 1st place singles and 2 for 1st place doubles. For everyone thats entering for 64 needs to buy Venue Fee online and in the notes section mention that you are attending for smash 64, your gamertag, and what tournaments you are entering Singles, Doubles or both. If a tournament happens the entry fees will be collected once you receive your wristband at the door. Visit http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo5 for Online Venue and Game Registration!
Holiday Inn Hotel Reservations: The group rate will be $89.99 a night and there will be 2 options to booking your room either by Phone or Online. Check below for options!
Option 1 (Phone): Call (713) 776-2622 and mention Group Code: WB5. Cash will not be accepted as a form of payment to book your hotel room. Everything must be done through credit cards only (Preferably in advance). The following dates have been reserved: Oct 18, 19, 20 for you to choose from. This is a 1st come 1st serve so book your hotel now before this special rate sells out!

Xyro77

Can't wait to see what Smash 4 is about. Better not be like the trailer of Brawl lol.

ummm why not? The trailer for brawl showed us like 5-7 new characters, several new stages, graphics enhancements and allowed some of us SMART people to see who would be a problem in the game (mk).

Xyro77

Its dead because syncs entire house (pj/asa/sync/illmatic) is IP banned and the Monster Hunter talk moved on to skype/aim/text or not at all.

Then you have players like gnes/trela/jerm/zori that just stopped posting.

Its whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom