• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
i think when a computer recognizes a usb device that just means its charging not that its sending information

the gamepad can also be charged by plugging into the system but it doesnt function as a wired controller

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
the gamepad can also be charged by plugging into the system but it doesnt function as a wired controller
back to square one.

it will be interesting to see how this all pans out. we may just have to deal with w/e happens and make it work.

Xyro77

yea, i havent played it much though

if u can, get a bunch of ammo on your character, go die and then come back and kill your zombie self to get all your stuff back.

doing this will allow me to kill you and get all of your ammo (you wont lose anything in your game)

pleeeeeeeeeeease

Tesh

Smash Hero
oh is that how it works, last time i played i killed a character with a name i didnt remember and i got a BUNCH of stuff it was awesome

but i havent gotten that far, i dont have much of anything so im not sure how i could help

ill probably play at some point this weekend though.

Xyro77

im towards the end of the game and the nurse zombies drained me of ammo. i need yo ammo fool

Tesh

Smash Hero
lol ive only encountered like 3 kinds of zombies so far, but ill see what i can do

Xyro77

Dude ive been watching high(ish) level injustice vids recently and that game looks super fun man. id def like to get that game soon. anybody have it for wiiu?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
The only way I can see large tournaments working is actually to banish BYOC and provide wiimotes to designated stations. You'd have "refs" manage and work them so wiimotes don't go off during tournaments on accident and hopefully reducing interference.
L
O
L.

Xyro77

That will auto fail. Handheld fighters are never tournament worthy and would cause even worse problems for a tournament than **** wireless controllers would.

Tesh

Smash Hero
injustice is kinda fun, my little sister plays it alot now

i wouldnt recomend buying on wii u, i heard the dlc and patches are super delayed so...

i'm a batman/ares/lex guy though

Xyro77

injustice is kinda fun, my little sister plays it alot now

i wouldnt recomend buying on wii u, i heard the dlc and patches are super delayed so...

i'm a batman/ares/lex guy though

dlc is coming out this summer.

if i do ssb4 events, id consider some injustice as a 2nd game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You should choose a more normal game...like Marvel...

Xyro77

You should choose a more normal game...like Marvel...

1. Requesting a Nintendo fan base to bring non Nintendo equipment will be a hassle. Hell, most of you don't bring nintendo equipment to a nintendo tournament.

2. The 360/ps3 crowd are generally older players(19+). i dont want mass amounts of older kids around the wiiu crowd (19 and below). it causes multiple problems. drugs/drinking/profanity and other bull **** a new scene (the wiiu scene) doesnt need at the beginning.

3, I want to start a wiiu scene. smash/kart/injustice...whatever. its simple.

4. I wanna support a company (nintendo) that is responsible for making me the legend i am today.

5. Xfactor is seriously stupid. Its like allowing smash balls.

6. Marvel 3 doesnt have Spiderman/commando/guile. its a **** game.

Xyro77

long story short, i am restarting the scene. it takes careful calculated steps. i did it when brawl came out and i will do it again for ssb4.

Xyro77

yeah i saw that the day it happened. temp greatness is always good.

it just shows how upset the public is about X-Bone.

Xyro77

'Horror frog' breaks own bones to produce claws

"Amphibian horror" isn't a movie genre, but on this evidence perhaps it should be. Harvard biologists have described a bizarre, hairy frog with cat-like extendable claws.
Trichobatrachus robustus actively breaks its own bones to produce claws that puncture their way out of the frog's toe pads, probably when it is threatened.
David Blackburn and colleagues at Harvard University's Museum of Comparative Zoology, think the gruesome behaviour is a defence mechanism.
The researchers say there are salamanders that force their ribs through their skin to produce protective barbs on demand, but nothing quite like this mechanism has been seen before.
The feature is also found in nine of the 11 frogs belonging to the Astylosternusgenus, most of which live in Cameroon.
Instant weapon

"Some other frogs have bony spines that project from their wrist, but in those species it appears that the bones grow through the skin rather than pierce it when needed for defence," says Blackburn.
At rest, the claws of T. robustus, found on the hind feet only, are nestled inside a mass of connective tissue. A chunk of collagen forms a bond between the claw's sharp point and a small piece of bone at the tip of the frog's toe.
The other end of the claw is connected to a muscle. Blackburn and his colleagues believe that when the animal is attacked, it contracts this muscle, which pulls the claw downwards. The sharp point then breaks away from the bony tip and cuts through the toe pad, emerging on the underside.
Hirsute horror

The end result may look like a cat's claw, but the breaking and cutting mechanism is very different and unique among vertebrates. Also unique is the fact that the claw is just bone and does not have an outer coating of keratin like other claws do.
Because Blackburn has only studied dead specimens, he says he does not know what happens when the claw retracts - or even how it retracts. It does not appear to have a muscle to pull it back inside so the team think it may passively slide back into the toe pad when its muscle relaxes.
"Being amphibians, it would not be surprising if some parts of the wound heal and the tissue is regenerated," says Blackburn.
Males of the species, which grows to about 11 centimetres, also produce long hair-like strands of skin and arteries when they breed (see image). It is thought that the "hairs" allow them to take in more oxygen through their skin while they take care of their brood.
Spiky snack

In Cameroon, they are roasted and eaten. Hunters use long spears and machetes to kill the frogs, apparently to avoid being hurt by their claws.
"This is an incredible story," says Ian Stephen, curator of herpetology at theZoological Society of London, UK. "Some frogs grow spines on their thumbs during breeding season, but this is entirely different."
"For me, it highlights the need for a lot more research on amphibians especially in light of the threat of mass extinctions," he adds.
The existence of frogs with erectile claws like cats was first described by Belgian zoologist George Boulenger in 1900 in frogs found in the French Congo, now the Republic of Congo.
Journal reference: Biology Letters, DOI: 10.1098/rsbl.2008.0219

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Injustice would be a terrible game to try to start a community.

It's made by the same people who made MK vs DC. Think about that for a second.

Freddy Krueger.

FREDDY KRUEGER.

Xyro77

Injustice would be a terrible game to try to start a community.

It's made by the same people who made MK vs DC. Think about that for a second.

Freddy Krueger.

FREDDY KRUEGER.
Oh so i shouldnt create a smash4 scene because the people that are making smash4 also made BRAWL (the WORST smash game)? Anyways, the dudes who made injustice also made MK9 and that turned out to be the best or 2nd best MK game. All i wanna do is give it a chance, if it does decent/well and people show interest, ill keep it going. If people dont wanna play or dont really treat it serious, ill drop it. I have nothing to lose.

Ive learned a lot in my time as a TO and its obvious that smash alone (especially a bad smash game like brawl) can only last so long. With melee we got 7 great years, 2 bad ones (the first 2 years of brawl) and now melee is back for a few more because it is an exceptional game. Brawl is on the decline (in all areas) and i truly don't see it reaching anywhere near the level of longevity that melee has. So ill give smash4 and 1 or 2 other games a shot. I was thinking kart/injustice for now.

Tesh

Smash Hero
BariBariBall looks really good too. That would fit in great at a Smash tournament obviously and I can only assume it will release before Smash 4.

Xyro77

BariBariBall looks really good too. That would fit in great at a Smash tournament obviously and I can only assume it will release before Smash 4.
it looks really cool but next to know one has heard of it and there are no characters that people would flock to. if its for wiiu i guess i could try it one day.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You should try doing Pokemon again, especially with X and Y coming out soon.

CY

Smash Ace
I'm thinkin' about going to a tournament in a few months or so; randomly got that urge to play some Brawl. I think it's been almost two years or so since I touched the game.

Zori

Smash Champion
Everyone!!!!, Me and maharba THE MYSTIC WANT TO CELEBRATE OUR BIRTHDAYS ON THE 16TH OF JUNE AT AUSTINS HOUSE. NOTHING SPECIAL BUT A SIMPLE GET TOGETHER. WE WANT TO DO A SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT FOR ONE DOLLAR JUST FOR FUN!!! YOU GUYS REMEMBER WHAT THAT IS RIGHT??? if YOU PLAN ON BEING A TRYHARD DON'T ATTEND WE JUST WANT TO SEE OUR FRIENDS AND HAVE A GOOD TIME. IF YOU COME EVEN FOR 30 MINS THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

ALSO FOR THE MAIN EVENT WE WANT TO DO/ LUIGI ONLY, HANENBOW, 300% BOMB-OMS ON HIGH, 2/3. ITS SO CRAZY AND HYPE JUST TRUST ME. THE OBJECTIVE IS TO HAVE A GOOD TIME DONT BRING US ANYTHING.

I WILL SPAM THIS IN A WEEK BECAUSE I DOUBT ALLAN WILL BUT THIS ON THE TOP!!! THANKS AND I MISS YOU GUYS T3G39P85H3P9UG3PIU4GPIBGIH4G4HHT

bye.

Xyro77

Everyone!!!!, Me and maharba THE MYSTIC WANT TO CELEBRATE OUR BIRTHDAYS ON THE 16TH OF JUNE AT AUSTINS HOUSE. NOTHING SPECIAL BUT A SIMPLE GET TOGETHER. WE WANT TO DO A SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT FOR ONE DOLLAR JUST FOR FUN!!! YOU GUYS REMEMBER WHAT THAT IS RIGHT??? if YOU PLAN ON BEING A TRYHARD DON'T ATTEND WE JUST WANT TO SEE OUR FRIENDS AND HAVE A GOOD TIME. IF YOU COME EVEN FOR 30 MINS THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

ALSO FOR THE MAIN EVENT WE WANT TO DO/ LUIGI ONLY, HANENBOW, 300% BOMB-OMS ON HIGH, 2/3. ITS SO CRAZY AND HYPE JUST TRUST ME. THE OBJECTIVE IS TO HAVE A GOOD TIME DONT BRING US ANYTHING.

I WILL SPAM THIS IN A WEEK BECAUSE I DOUBT ALLAN WILL BUT THIS ON THE TOP!!! THANKS AND I MISS YOU GUYS T3G39P85H3P9UG3PIU4GPIBGIH4G4HHT

bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom