• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
why do yall even bother with Xyro sometimes?
they have to. i AM smashboards. i AM hobo. i AM smash.

After the contradictions test, you'd think we would, but it's more interesting to watch him contradict himself.
i never contradict myself. i make the rules up/change the rules as i go so i am never in the wrong or look bad.

Here we go again with you assuming **** and looking dumb as hell.
awww is little gea wea mad at mr. smarty pants?

How about you do some research for once in your life and make an informed decision instead of being a roller coaster of opinions you pull from God knows where.
I aint gonna research nothin' unless i get a grade for it.
I made an informed decision already. It was based off of your info. so unless your info is bad, i should be deemed "informed."

Do you think David, Flip, Tallman, Ice, KRD, me, and others would spend hundreds of hours playing a game that was Brawl's boss battle mode?
Yep. You guys literally play COMPUTER NERD GAMES so most definitely i believe you dummies will waste time on dumb stuff.

50 minutes per quest including quests to gather materials. There is also an untimed free-hunt mode in the Moga Woods but you won't be doing that much because the meat of the game is hunting monsters.
So 50min boss battles and 50min "find a stick" quests? UNLIMITED free-hunt mode that i wont be using much???? Crapcom continues to suck in the suckers.

You get 2 monsters out of 50+ for the demo and you're going to fight each one multiple times. Tallman just spend the last week fighting probably 30+ of one monster in Tri. You sound like someone *****ing that Diablo 2 or PSO can be beaten in a couple of hours when the meat of the game isn't even from that.
PSO 1&2/Diablo 2: You can level up(stat increases) as well as get better armor (more stat increases). You are not timed. The game is HUGE. Different difficulty levels bring more level ups/better armor...ect.

Does MH3U do this? From what gnes/p4 told me, the only thing that makes u stronger is what you wear. So im killing monsters to get materials to make my sock have a +1 to speed?

Demos exist so people like you can experience what the game actually offers without putting money down.
demos spoil the game in a big way. f that.

But you know, maybe you shouldn't buy it since you seem to lack the intellect to form an educated decision.
my opinion is def educated. unless what you/gnes/p4/rt told me is incorrect.

Xyro77

a mission on average probably won't take anymore than 10-15 minutes, unless your weapon just ****ing sucks.
WOW so im about to buy a game that has quests that can be finished faster than i can take a ****?

MOTHER
OF
GOD

Trash Hunter 3 :Ultimate

Gea

Smash Master
Taking my info and then comparing it to something I never compared it to and deny the comparisons isn't being informed. Diablo 2 and PSO are tiny games in terms of actual content lengthened by repetition of grind. Monster Hunter is similar in that you take a decent sized game and lengthen it via repetition. Level ups are not needed and would make Monster Hunter worse, the game's difficulty is scaled and based upon your access to the hunts and resources open to you. Rank could be considered your "level" but has no bearing on your stats, and is only a numerical gateway between quest tiers. Monster behavior and stats vary between rank. You have low rank, high rank, and G Rank.

Instead of a number telling you how good your character is, your own skill at handling your weapons do. Armors are more about the supplemental skills you can gain than defense, and while better weapons definitely help hunts, nothing is stopping you from using whatever weapon you want on whatever hunt you want. The time limit makes a lot of sense, this is a game about slaying monsters, not having tea-parties. If you can't seal the deal in 50 minutes, go home, you aren't ready yet.

If you want a Japanese romance novel story and beautiful landscapes while you dream about becoming a princess, this isn't the game for you. This game is about wyvern genocide and fulfills that promise well.

So yeah, don't get the game. I don't want to read your whining that could have been averted by using a demo that showcases content, doesn't spoil the story, and it would be content that you would do over and over anyways.

Xyro77

Taking my info and then comparing it to something I never compared it to and deny the comparisons isn't being informed. Diablo 2 and PSO are tiny games in terms of actual content lengthened by repetition of grind. Monster Hunter is similar in that you take a decent sized game and lengthen it via repetition.
wut?

Level ups are not needed and would make Monster Hunter worse, the game's difficulty is scaled and based upon your access to the hunts and resources open to you. Rank could be considered your "level" but has no bearing on your stats, and is only a numerical gateway between quest tiers. Monster behavior and stats vary between rank. You have low rank, high rank, and G Rank.
this is kinda interesting. but you cant level up, so what do i do if i have **** equipment and cant kill boss monsters?

Instead of a number telling you how good your character is, your own skill at handling your weapons do. Armors are more about the supplemental skills you can gain than defense, and while better weapons definitely help hunts, nothing is stopping you from using whatever weapon you want on whatever hunt you want.
sounds ok i guess. but once you know how to dodge/roll/hop/defend/attack.....is that as advanced as it gets?

The time limit makes a lot of sense, this is a game about slaying monsters, not having tea-parties. If you can't seal the deal in 50 minutes, go home, you aren't ready yet.
its putting a forced strain on you/your team that is not needed. if u are not prepared to beat a monster then u def wont beat it in 50 min. so might as well not have a timer.

If you want a Japanese romance novel story and beautiful landscapes while you dream about becoming a princess, this isn't the game for you. This game is about wyvern genocide and fulfills that promise well.
Im not asking for a XenoBlade/Tales/Final Fantasy type story. I just something want more than "Hi my name is Bob and i kill Bunnies for pinecones so that i can make a baseball bat to kill stronger bunnies." Really though, what is the story of the series? Are they at least connected?

So yeah, don't get the game. I don't want to read your whining that could have been averted by using a demo that showcases content, doesn't spoil the story, and it would be content that you would do over and over anyways.
A demo will not stop me from complaining about spending 999 hours trying to kill 20000000000000 Chocobos only to find ONE chocobo feather when the a-hole craftsman wants 10 of them in order to add a +1 HP to my leather underwear.

Tesh

Smash Hero
xyro, playing demos is important because you might hate what they've done with a game. playing the DMC demo made me 100% not even want to buy it half off. Alot of trash games out there want you to watch a trailer and believe the hype.

Tesh

Smash Hero
also was denti vs espy recorded? I literally could not see the screen at the venue because of the rows of people watching.

Xyro77

xyro, playing demos is important because you might hate what they've done with a game. playing the DMC demo made me 100% not even want to buy it half off. Alot of trash games out there want you to watch a trailer and believe the hype.
i have this bad ass ability to be able to watch movie/game trailers and auto know whether its **** or not.

there was absolutely no reason to play the new DMC or RE6 game. already knew it was poop.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
if your weapon isn't good enough, you can just do easier missions til you can make something better, or play with other people so you can get better materials.

There's somewhat of a story behind the game, mostly just the lore of the monsters or the story of the village elder. I believe they're connected, just different areas of the world each game.

Xyro77

There's somewhat of a story behind the game, mostly just the lore of the monsters or the story of the village elder. I believe they're connected, just different areas of the world each game.

NOW THIS is what im talking about. Reminds me heavily of the prime series. the main story is super weak but the info on the areas/monsters and history is what really sucked me in.

hmmmm

can you give me a timeline of the MH series? like which ones came first-last based off of story.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I don't know if there's a timeline between the games themselves, they could all be happening at the same time just in different places since there are guilds everywhere, but I'm not 100% sure on this.

There is a sorta story at the beginning, like one of the monsters is terrorizing the village and you're basically doing missions and getting strong enough to take it down. If this is the same as the psp one, this is the monster that's the "boss" of the single player story.

Xyro77

It's more of a wolf. It has a connection to one of the super boss monsters that you can fight in g rank.
ohhh i like the sound of that. this is the type of stuff i enjoy.

MAYBE this game will be good.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't think it got recorded Tesh. :(
Also, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed was really, REALLY good in comparison to MKW/7. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sonic Kart is okay, but it has the weirdest glitches...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic would be far better of a competition if it didnt have all star power ups. The rest of the game takes so much more skill than Maio Kart its made worse because its throwing away so much more by having a broken and unbalanced power up.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
With Sonic Kart, not knowing what item you are going to get is lame.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
OOOOOOOOOOooooooooh

Halfway there, Halfman.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Week of Mrach 24, Target is having all 3DS models $40 off, including the Pikachu 3DS XL.

P4, you best get on this sale. Get the XL and Luigi's Mansion/Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, register on Club Nintendo, get one of the free digital download games being offered.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I think of the comparison to be similar to Diddy Kong Racing vs Mario Kart 64
This is what I thought too.

Also, there's also always the option of doing boost races which don't give you items.

This is the first kart racer I've enjoyed in a long time though. Metal Sonic all the way.

Edit: I agree about there being weird glitches too... Sky Sanctuary or wherever it was, I glitched out and instead of transforming from plane to car, the game kept respawning me over and over until I managed to go backwards through part of the level for it to correct itself, so obviously by then I was out of the race.

And then there's the glitch where people's placings get messed up
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w299/KRDsonic/negative_zpsb00a8133.png
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w299/KRDsonic/glith_zps2a5f0c38.png

Edit edit: Also there's the fact that if you don't have a high-end computer for the steam version, if you have your graphics settings on high, you move slower on online races. I didn't realize until I used a hot rod and cpus driving at normal speed were passing me up still...

:059:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I encountered a glitch very similar to the one you mentioned.

I also got stuck inside a wall once.

It's a solid game, but the glitches are just...you playtest the game a few hours and they should be noticable.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Quote from Sakurai regarding Brawl's Netcode:

Smash Bros. producer, Masahiro Sakurai, recently received a letter from a former Brawl player about his experience playing online for the very first time. The player describes his experience from the online play detailing how no items were used as well as how no approach were made by other players, as they all waited for the other to strike first. The player expresses this as, "not something you do in Smash Bros."

Masahiro Sakurai replied to the letter on his Famitsu column explaining both his view and how he envisioned Brawl:
"The idea of Brawl's 'carefree brawling' motto was to get rid of as many restraints as possible and allow people to choose whatever approach they liked. I'd like people to take some freer approaches with their gameplay, but the sort of battle style you describe in your letter is not interesting or fun. That's why I'll probably be thinking of a way to deal with that in the next game. We've learned a lot about net play since Brawl was released, after all, so a lot more is possible."
Sakurai then goes on to explain why he feels his own team was more than a little at fault for this:
"I suppose that fact that we've still got no-fee online battles available in a game that was released 5 years ago is another cause of the problem. It would have been nice if we could have revised the game rules appropriate, but with the system we had, that wasn't possible."

GROSS

source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/13/40...mash-bros-brawl-online-isnt-exactly-thrilling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom