• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Still....I don't understand how you simply rope off an area. It seems much simpler to put it in a different room with a lock so that dishonest people don't even see things to steal.

sheikamaru

jive
Americos=white=the raw race
Mexicos=brown=the lightly toasted race
Africos=black=the burnt race

Those are the only 3 types of people on the planet. Everybody falls into one of those 3.

I have not decided on whether i wanna pursue the burnt race yet. Depends on how bad the lightly toasted race Fs me up. The whites have F-ed me up so F them in the F until they F-ing die from F.
Lmfao I hate you lolllooiloloollooll I'm dead

Tesh

Smash Hero
asians tho

only 4 types of people, why did u say russian was not white?

heytallman

CTALL
p4 player 4 jerm illmatic gnes smoom tallman fliphop anybody who goes to concerts i need yo help.

guys, i wanna take this mexico girl to a concert to see maroon 5 (her fav band) on march 19th and i need yalls help because i know NOTHING about concerts/music/tickets

Please look at THIS and then read below http://centerhouston.com/Tickets-Active.php?eventID=1981830&venueID=1079

What seats are considered good without paying 400$ (or more) for ****ing MUSIC tickets? Its at the toyota center btw.
What site should i use to buy tix? I dont wanna waste huge amounts of money on fake tix.
Sorry for the late response. Like Gea said, I was at school from like 10 until 7. F.

Hmm, those tickets seem quite expensive. Toyota Center is just an expensive venue in general. I much prefer the Woodlands Pavillion.

But your post wasn't about what venues I like. It was about just this one. I see tickets directly from the Toyota Center are sold out, so you're stuck buying tickets from a third party, which will be mad mad expensive, as I see from the link you posted. If you really want to take her to this concert, section 119 or 108 might be good bets. But, these are pretty expensive. But, less than your stated high price of 400 (or more). So, it's really up to you, but those two sections would give you guys a great view most likely.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Apex 2014 will happen, I can't see it not happening over a few stolen items, there's a year to repair sponsorships and replace whatever was taken.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I hope they catch them. Going to a tournament to steal something, really now?

:phone:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Anyways, is there any smash events coming up locally? Want to gauge my skill before I call it quits. Losing to Mkeneko in Pools,and losing to Rain and Waymas in bracket doesn't seem a good gauge to how I would perform in another national level tournament.. Hmm.. I could be wrong though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
asians tho

only 4 types of people, why did u say russian was not white?
its been 3 years and you still dont understand me. how sad ;(

Sorry for the late response. Like Gea said, I was at school from like 10 until 7. F.

Hmm, those tickets seem quite expensive. Toyota Center is just an expensive venue in general. I much prefer the Woodlands Pavillion.

But your post wasn't about what venues I like. It was about just this one. I see tickets directly from the Toyota Center are sold out, so you're stuck buying tickets from a third party, which will be mad mad expensive, as I see from the link you posted. If you really want to take her to this concert, section 119 or 108 might be good bets. But, these are pretty expensive. But, less than your stated high price of 400 (or more). So, it's really up to you, but those two sections would give you guys a great view most likely.
Thanks for the advice. i think i found a way around all of this (it just feels wrong to pay obscene prices for MUSIC lol). 3 days later the tour will move to dallas and the tickets are MUCH cheaper. ill go and do that.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Well I am attending the LSC. I was wondering if there was any thing in Houston during the month of February.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
#xyroisatyrant #dealwithit

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You should have SFIV, UMvC3, and Melee as side events. Get on that EVO training...

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
You should have SFIV, UMvC3, and Melee as side events. Get on that EVO training...

Won 2 matches in the loser side my pool on SFIV.

Got DQ'd on UMVC3 cause I was doing my Brawl matches.

No Melee for me.

SSB64 tho.. I sent a OOC player packing lol

Tesh

Smash Hero
That would be ideal. Or we can try the 2 stock rule set the Apex thread is talking about lol

well there is stuff coming up in slidell, dallas and san antonio, travelling a bit will give you a much better feel for how you do outside your comfort zone, dallas would be a good way to go, you can get free tickets.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Seems everyone in Houston missed the "free megabus tickets" promotion. I guess thats why I'm going to New Orleans alone.

I just "bought" free tickets for that weekend to Dallas, you could too Flip.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
My controller didn't work as I wanted. Can't calibrate the stick on the 64. Works best on PC. I lost to JaimeHR and Rumbly

When is the Dallas tournament?

sheikamaru

jive
Someone get Austin a ps3 or Xbox o I can't drop combos anymore And learn touch of deaths with Felicia ryu viewtiful joe task master p4 maharba flip xyro trela Zano espy neon papa mink Ed jerm gnes tutu tesh p4 rt tall man gea marvel melee pwii shadow1quitj mexicos africos americos rusioos asios teshos brawlos skypirateos.

I'm an assman apparently, what about you guys?

Tesh

Smash Hero
My controller didn't work as I wanted. Can't calibrate the stick on the 64. Works best on PC. I lost to JaimeHR and Rumbly

When is the Dallas tournament?

2-9-13 go to megabus.com and use the promo code "trymegabus" , should wind up being free.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Kilik, if I let you borrow my PS3 for an extended period, I would have to charge a security deposit. No, I am not joking.

Last time I left some games there, they got all scratched up. I am willing to help, but I will not be burned again.

The smartest thing to do is check craigslist.

sheikamaru

jive
Real?? How does the said security deposit work and is it possible to get said security deposit back? And I'll take real good care of it too!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pretty much what Flip says, but I would say 50% in this case.

You can use it as long as you want. If you manage to break it or controller, I use the deposit to fix it.

Otherwise, assuming it is returned in reasonable condition (controller and system are practically brand new), you get all the money back when returned.

tl:dr version-borrow it and take care of it, or pay for damages.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Remember when they had Pokemon Snap machines that printed stickers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom